• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Can someone even have a friend safari if they don't own X or Y (like me)? Or is it entirely dependent on the 3DS friend code? I'm curious to know what I might have, if the latter is true.

While you need XY to access the Friend Safari in general (mega duh), the type of Friend Safari depends on the 3DS Friend Code. So even if someone doesn't own X or Y, their Friend Code will still generate a Friend Safari for you, as the Friend Code creates the type of Friend Safari, not the game itself. Hope that helps.

Can someone even have a friend safari if they don't own X or Y (like me)? Or is it entirely dependent on the 3DS friend code? I'm curious to know what I might have, if the latter is true.

While you need XY to access the Friend Safari in general (mega duh), the type of Friend Safari depends on the 3DS Friend Code. So even if someone doesn't own X or Y, their Friend Code will still generate a Friend Safari for you, as the Friend Code creates the type of Friend Safari, not the game itself. Hope that helps.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

After downloading a mystery gift like Diancie can you soft reset for good nature/ivs in front of the delivery girl?

In pokemon ranch on the wii, is it true if you put 999 pokemon in your ranch you get a Mew? And is this mew transferable to diamond and pearl?

Sort of. After 250 Pokemon, Hayley will post an offer for a Leafeon, with a Phione in exchange. After 999, she'll post an offer for any Pokemon Egg, in exchange for her Mew. And it will only transfer to Diamond or Pearl -- Platinum is not compatible. :(

See this: My Pokemon Ranch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokemon encyclopedia

After downloading a mystery gift like Diancie can you soft reset for good nature/ivs in front of the delivery girl?

Yes, although if your Diancie comes with 3 perfect IVs (most do, but I've heard some are completely random) it will always be 3, just arranged differently.

So I'm having a brainfart moment.

In gen 6, do you need to give your pokes 10 vitamins and then super train them if you want to max their EVs? Or is just super training sufficient?

In gen 6, do you need to give your pokes 10 vitamins and then super train them if you want to max their EVs? Or is just super training sufficient?

Super Training is sufficient. But vitamins are a lot quicker (and way more expensive)

Super Training is sufficient. But vitamins are a lot quicker (and way more expensive)

Of course neither can hold a candle to power item + hordes.

Do Diancie codes have an expiration date?

I redeemed my Diancie code but I'm wondering will the Gift Giver stay pass the expiration date?
Can I leave it as is and pick up Diancie later? (I haven't made it to Anistar City ingame yet.)

I assume it will but I really hate to assume anything.

EDIT:
Another, unrelated question.
Does the Dream World still exist? (I haven't played in like a year, thus being so far behind.)

I redeemed my Diancie code but I'm wondering will the Gift Giver stay pass the expiration date?
Can I leave it as is and pick up Diancie later? (I haven't made it to Anistar City ingame yet.)

I assume it will but I really hate to assume anything.

EDIT:
Another, unrelated question.
Does the Dream World still exist? (I haven't played in like a year, thus being so far behind.)

To answer question #1 : As long as you don't pick up Diancie, the Delivery girl will stay. But you don't need the National Dex to get Diancie, just like in past games. And it's technically part of the Kalos Dex (Central Dex #1 51, to be exact), but it's not required to get the National Dex. So you can pick it up at any time and it won't affect the game in any negative form.

Question #2 : The Dream World has gone the way of the dodo. Once they revamped the Global Link for Gen VI, the Dream World has ceased to exist. So it's just a memory at this point.

Hope that helps.

To answer question #1 : As long as you don't pick up Diancie, the Delivery girl will stay. But you don't need the National Dex to get Diancie, just like in past games. And it's technically part of the Kalos Dex (Central Dex #1 51, to be exact), but it's not required to get the National Dex. So you can pick it up at any time and it won't affect the game in any negative form.

Question #2 : The Dream World has gone the way of the dodo. Once they revamped the Global Link for Gen VI, the Dream World has ceased to exist. So it's just a memory at this point.

Hope that helps.

Well, the reason I asked the first question was because I haven't gotten to the guy who tells me my Hidden power
so I can't determine if I rolled a good IV set or not.

But I reckon your answer still stays the same. ;)

But Losing Dream World kind of stinks..... I'm pretty sure I left stuff in there.
And I kind of liked it (hated the Mini-games though.)

Question: is it possible to redeem a wonder card multiple times?

If I start a new game can I get an event pokemon a second time? I was curious if I could obtain, trade, start new game, repeat in order to get more than one.

Re: Question: is it possible to redeem a wonder card multiple times?

If I start a new game can I get an event pokemon a second time? I was curious if I could obtain, trade, start new game, repeat in order to get more than one.

Wonder Cards are single use. Once you receive the gift from it in game, you'd have to get another on new save file.

That's what I'm saying. If I reset my save data, start a new character then will the delivery person hand out the reward again? Or do my wonder cards go away if I reset my game?

That's what I'm saying. If I reset my save data, start a new character then will the delivery person hand out the reward again? Or do my wonder cards go away if I reset my game?

The wonder cards go away.

Random but since Ranch was brought up -- I really wish Bank was more similar to Ranch. It's so boring that it's literally just storage and that's it. Ranch not only offered trading with Hayley, but also allowed us to actually watch our Pokémon walk around and they had some cute animations. I'd love to see something like that again but I guess it's never happening now with bank probably sticking around for years to come...

If you reset your game then it resets your game and everything, as if you're now playing it for the very first time over again.

In Gen III's Battle Tower in Emerald, and all other facilities that apply to this, can you increase or continue a streak with Double Battles as long as you pick Singles for the round you'll face the Frontier Brain in? I enjoy Double Battles more and wanted to know if it'll count the same streak up.

Edit: Second Question,

I looked it up but I just want to get some others to confirm the answer I found, but is it true that changing the internal battery on RSE will NOT delete the actual save profile?

Last edited:

Hey, I've got a question. Since I'm doing some planning for my team in Alpha Sapphire, I was wondering something. What is the general best setup for a Glalie? By that I mean what EV, Nature, Attacks, etc would work best for it. Though I don't care about IVs, so what I catch will be what I use. I want it to be a mixed hitter with mild durability traits, as that's one of its strengths as a jack of all trades. This is what I've got so far.

Glalie (M)
Inner Focus
Ice Beam, Crunch, Earthquake, Water Pulse/Shadow Ball (this is assuming that the tutor move leaks are true)

I generally prefer a Inner Focus Glalie over Ice Body, as I don't plan on making any use out of Hail (plus I can avoid flinching at the worst times), and I don't have access to a HA Mon from the family tree, so I can't use that, either. So what do you think? What stats should EVs go? What Nature do you recommend? And if these moves aren't good enough, any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom