• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Unregistered User
Reaction score
Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

That would be friendship. The affection from Amie. I'm getting messages like "I know you can do it!" surviving moves it shouldn't (I don't want the game easier) and it staring at me mid battle
You can't lower Amie Affection. So your stuck with those messages and benefits that come with Amie I'm sorry to say.
shit.

Reaction score

2 questions:

How do you unlock more boxes? I still only have 7 after beating the game.

And what's the time for Uxie to appear in their mirage spot?

Reaction score

2 questions:

Does every one of your box contain at least 1 Pokemon?

And I think it's between 8-9 pm.

Reaction score

2 questions:

You have to have at least 1 Pokemon in every box. Then, log out and back into the PC and you will have more boxes. Keep doing this until you unlock all 30 boxes. Then, I think you get a 31st box after catching Rayquaza.

Reaction score

What moves does an αS Kyogre start with, and in what order? I got a mostly untouched one from the GTS, but it's apparently been used as an HM slave.

Reaction score
I need a little advice on my Crystal team.
As of now I have 7 badges and I'm fighting Team Rocket in the Radio Tower. I want to add an Ice type to my team later on because I'll need one for Clair and Lance once I get to that point, and that means I'll have to swap someone out on my team.

Typhlosion (36)
Lanturn (30)
Sudowoodo (30)
Magneton (33)
Scyther (28)
Noctowl (28)

I always have a hard time choosing Gen 2 teams because honestly I'm not a huge fan of most of the Gen 2 pokemon you find in the wild. With the team I have now, I was thinking of swapping out either Sudowoodo, Scyther or Noctowl but I'm not sure who I should swap out. Plus it's super hard to level grind in this gen T_T
As for an Ice type to train, I was thinking of catching a Jynx or a Swinub/Piloswine (since Sneasel doesn't learn any Ice moves) or I could attempt to catch Suicune and just use its Aurora Beam, but Stat wise I'm not sure who would be the best choice. I normally don't add Legendaries to my team but I'm only considering Suicune because there aren't many choices for wild Johto pokemon to catch in the wild (at least to me.)

Last edited:
Dragon of the Water
Reaction score

What moves does an αS Kyogre start with, and in what order? I got a mostly untouched one from the GTS, but it's apparently been used as an HM slave.
A freshly-caught Kyogre from Alpha Sapphire will have Body Slam, Aqua Ring, Ice Beam, and Origin Pulse, in that order.

Reaction score
Is there a way to completely reset a pokemon ranger game? Not like deleting a save, but resetting it so that it's like a new one.

Reaction score
What should I use my master ball on in ORAS

I'm just wondering what should I use my masterball on in ORAS when I get them.

If you know what to use it on please tell and give reason.

Friends? What are those?
Reaction score
Re: What should I use my master ball on in ORAS

Well I haven't used mine yet (I caught Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys within 3 tries)

I plan on soft resetting for shiny legends in the mirage spots once I finish my national dex, so i'm saving mine for that.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score

There's no save opportunity between the Rayquaza and Deoxys battles. So unless you don't mind the hassle of resetting to fight both of them if something goes wrong, I recommend using it on the extraterrestrial helix.

Blue Rose
Reaction score

There's no save opportunity between the Rayquaza and Deoxys battles. So unless you don't mind the hassle of resetting to fight both of them if something goes wrong, I recommend using it on the extraterrestrial helix.
Or you could just defeat it and enter the HoF again so Deoxys appears on top of Sky Pillar. That's what I did.

I used the Master Ball on Deoxys. :p

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score

Or you could just defeat it and enter the HoF again so Deoxys appears on top of Sky Pillar. That's what I did.

I used the Master Ball on Deoxys. :p
Did not know about that. Didn't want to take the chance.

Reaction score

Oops, turns out it wasn't Uxie I was missing but Azelf. So at what time does Azelf appear? In the early mornings?

mkn

Reaction score
pokemon dream radar question

hey all :)
how do you catch a pokemon in the dream radar with the the wanted nature?
im trying to get a bold lugia with multiscale

thanks!

Reaction score

To get the Training Ribbon (not the Effort Ribbon) do I have to beat the Super Secret Training regimens as well? The guy at Dewford still hasn't given it to me.

Reaction score
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Do the EV-enhancing items work in hordes? Meaning could you fight a horde of something that gives 1 atk EV plus hold a power bracer and gain 25 atk EVs with just one battle?

We are but men
Reaction score
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Do the EV-enhancing items work in hordes? Meaning could you fight a horde of something that gives 1 atk EV plus hold a power bracer and gain 25 atk EVs with just one battle?
Yes

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score

During story mode, if I have another Rayquaza in my party, will Zinnia only teach the in-game Quaza Dragon's Ascent or will she blanket-teach it to any Quaza in your party?

That would be friendship. The affection from Amie. I'm getting messages like "I know you can do it!" surviving moves it shouldn't (I don't want the game easier) and it staring at me mid battle
You can't lower Amie Affection. So your stuck with those messages and benefits that come with Amie I'm sorry to say.
Doesn't affection reset if the pokemon is traded? Like it does with happiness?

Last edited: