• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

During story mode, if I have another Rayquaza in my party, will Zinnia only teach the in-game Quaza Dragon's Ascent or will she blanket-teach it to any Quaza in your party
I don't believe so, but her grandmother in Meteor Falls will gladly teach it to any Rayquaza post-Delta Episode.
Are solrock and lunatune version exclusivres
Yes. Solrock is in Omega Ruby and Lunatone in Alpha Sapphire.
Does ORAS have any other gem besides the Normal gem?
Doesn't seem like it. :/

Are the natures and IVs of Groudon or Kyogre determined which the player presses A to battle it or are they decided during the video when Groudon or Kyogre takes the player deeper into cave on its back? I want to soft reset for a Groudon or Kyogre with a good nature (using Synchronise) and IVs but don't know if I need to watch the videos every time.

Are the natures and IVs of Groudon or Kyogre determined which the player presses A to battle it or are they decided during the video when Groudon or Kyogre takes the player deeper into cave on its back? I want to soft reset for a Groudon or Kyogre with a good nature (using Synchronise) and IVs but don't know if I need to watch the videos every time.

They are determined when you challenge it, not when you ride its back. XD

During story mode, if I have another Rayquaza in my party, will Zinnia only teach the in-game Quaza Dragon's Ascent or will she blanket-teach it to any Quaza in your party?

That would be friendship. The affection from Amie. I'm getting messages like "I know you can do it!" surviving moves it shouldn't (I don't want the game easier) and it staring at me mid battle

You can't lower Amie Affection. So your stuck with those messages and benefits that come with Amie I'm sorry to say.

Doesn't affection reset if the pokemon is traded? Like it does with happiness?

Zinnia will only teach the in-game Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, even if you have an older one in your party.

Affection will reset when traded unless the Pokemon is traded back to its Original Trainer. If you're the OT and you've maxed affection, there's no way to lower it in that game.

Where's a good place to level up besides the E4 and the Mauville Food Court?

Where's a good place to level up besides the E4 and the Mauville Food Court?

People have Secret Bases dedicated for levelling up with level 100 Blisseys using movesets like Healing Wish and Toxic Orb. I would just search for them, I know Smogon has one set up.

Trainers eyes should give some decent exp

is there any special trick to getting shinies

You can get the Shiny Charm, which you obtain from Professor Birch after catching all the Pokemon in the National Dex. There's also the Masuda Method which is breeding Pokemon from different countries. Aside from that, there's no trick per se to getting shinies. Even with these methods it's still all about luck.

If Kalos region has the Lumiose City Center circle for easier egg-hatching, I am just wondering where you can also do the same routine at ORAS? Because as of now, I am having hard time hatching my egg for breeding.

Once you beat the Delta Episode, the Battle Resort opens up. There's another day-care there, and the entire island is basically a giant egg loop

So I was reading on Serebii the rules for the upcoming Vide Game Championship thing, and it says that none of your Pokémon are allowed to hold the item Soul Dew. Now, I know next to nothing about this competition, but is there a particulary reason that this one specific item is banned? It just seems odd to me to not allow one item!

is there any special trick to getting shinies

You can get the Shiny Charm, which you obtain from Professor Birch after catching all the Pokemon in the National Dex. There's also the Masuda Method which is breeding Pokemon from different countries. Aside from that, there's no trick per se to getting shinies. Even with these methods it's still all about luck.

wait are u sure i thought i heard somewhere about chaining with the dexnav thingy or what ever its called

So I was reading on Serebii the rules for the upcoming Vide Game Championship thing, and it says that none of your Pokémon are allowed to hold the item Soul Dew. Now, I know next to nothing about this competition, but is there a particulary reason that this one specific item is banned? It just seems odd to me to not allow one item!

it makes the lati's stats really high

it makes the lati's stats really high

Huh, I guess I never really bothered to pay attention to exactly how much of a boost that item gives! It still seems odd that only one item is banned. Thanks for answering!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom