• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Luc

Reaction score
Aron in emerald

Hey all, first time playing emerald and just got the oh so cute Aron!
Now I'm planning out his final moveset and I'm not sure if I should go with 'Metal Claw' or 'Iron Tail' as his steel move. Iron Tail is more damage but less PP and HORRIBLE accuracy...

being that my Aron is adament with the Rock Head Ability here are the other moves I plan on it having;

Double-Edge (high power, no damage from recoil)
Rockslide (stab move of the Rock type)
Earthquake (cause its good haha)

so ya, Iron Tail or Metal Claw, thoughts?

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score
Re: Aron in emerald

Iron Tail. Moar power, and the accuracy isn't as bad as, say, Thunder.

Luc

Reaction score

hmm ya but i never use thunder because of the acc thing either, i much prefer thunderbolt haha.
EDIT: also keep in mind this isn't for competative play, its for playing through the game itself.

Reaction score

iron tail cuz power and overal crazy cuz aron has no tail. cant pass up an oppertunity like that

Reaction score
Question about base stats?

Hello, I'm new here, so I wasn't really sure where to put this...I figured this place might work. (edit-- but feel free to move it if I put this in the wrong place)

Anyway, I was wondering if the base stats of a pokemon changed when they get a new evolution in later generations? For example, would the base stats of an Onix be different in Gen 1 than in Gen 2, when it later evolves into a Steelix, or do the base stats remain the same?

It seems like they would change, because a pokemon that doesn't evolve tends to be stronger than a pokemon that does evolve but hasn't yet, and with so many new evolutions, it just seems like the base stats of the newly-evolving pokemon should change, otherwise they would all just become ridiculously strong. Or not, I don't know.

Anyway, so that's what I was wondering. Does anybody know if they do change?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Which moves should I teach a Snorlax before migrating to Generation V?

Reaction score

Which moves should I teach a Snorlax before migrating to Generation V?
Giga Impact works a treat, and of course Rest is a must too. I taught mine Brick Break too, but that's your call.

Waluigi Number WAHn
Reaction score

Who drew the artwork for the Dream World?

Reaction score

Can I trade a (for example) Carvanha from whatever version to Platinum version without needing the national dex? Normally it's only obtainable after you get it, but I have like entirely ignored trading rules (trading entirely, really) and whatnot for the past 3 generations, so Iunno for sure. Same with like Dual Slot and Poke Radar modes, dunno about those.

Something for nothing
Reaction score

Can I trade a (for example) Carvanha from whatever version to Platinum version without needing the national dex? Normally it's only obtainable after you get it, but I have like entirely ignored trading rules (trading entirely, really) and whatnot for the past 3 generations, so Iunno for sure. Same with like Dual Slot and Poke Radar modes, dunno about those.
Yes, you can trade any Pokemon to Platinum or any other Gen IV game without getting the national dex from another Gen IV game.

Reaction score

You can.

Edit: Ahhh beaten ^

Reaction score

Hi guys,

Just want to check before I potentially shell out money for nothing - I want to use the Masuda method to start breeding for shinies. For that I need a foreign game cartridge, so will either buy one from France or Germany. I'm not sure exactly how it works though. My DS was bought in England and I currently play the games in English. I guess what I'm asking is, if I order, say, White from France, so the game will be played in French, will the new French version be compatible with my English DS? This is potentially a very obvious question to which I imagine I probably know the answer already (ie yes, it will be compatible), but I'd still like to check in case I waste £30. Thanks/Merci beaucoup/Vielen Dank :]

Jack

Reaction score

Forget it. Managed to fix it myself.

Last edited:

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score

Hi guys,

Just want to check before I potentially shell out money for nothing - I want to use the Masuda method to start breeding for shinies. For that I need a foreign game cartridge, so will either buy one from France or Germany. I'm not sure exactly how it works though. My DS was bought in England and I currently play the games in English. I guess what I'm asking is, if I order, say, White from France, so the game will be played in French, will the new French version be compatible with my English DS? This is potentially a very obvious question to which I imagine I probably know the answer already (ie yes, it will be compatible), but I'd still like to check in case I waste £30. Thanks/Merci beaucoup/Vielen Dank :]

Jack
Why not just buy the game in your country/language and then get a foreign Ditto/foreign pokemon to Masuda with? The game itself doesn't have to be foreign, just one of the pokemon you are breeding with.

Hi, me again. >_>; So I'm trying to breed an Elekid on the Platinum I mentioned previously. Guy has a male Electivire and I went out and caught a female Electabuzz, stuck 'em in the day care. So according to Bulbapedia, they should be:

(Dunno if an evolution counts as a separate species or not, but they're the same percentage, so whatever.)

But he says "The two don't seem to like each other much." instead. Which sucks if I get a lame nature for the Elekid and try again, because instead of a 50% chance of an egg, it's 20%. D:
Is this even a question?

Reaction score

Why not just buy the game in your country/language and then get a foreign Ditto/foreign pokemon to Masuda with? The game itself doesn't have to be foreign, just one of the pokemon you are breeding with.
I could do that, but as my nick suggests, I'm a language geek, so I will really enjoy playing the games in other languages for the benefit of the languages themselves - for me it's not just about the benefits the game gives from foreign trading. Would the scenario I suggested above work? Thanks,

Jack

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score

Having never purchased or tried to play a foreign game on my DS I can't give you a 100% answer on that. I know people that own French games and Japanese games and they work on their DS, but whether they had any problems with it, I don't know.

Probably best you wait to see what anyone else has to say first. Sorry I haven't been much help.