• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Pokemon Bank re subscribe

A few ? here
What fossils are there in OR and what is there location and can they be revived to be female or will i have to breed for that to happen

Kabuto, Shieldon, Archen (according to the article on ORAS on bulbapedia) and they should have a chance to be female (but there's a 1 in 8 chance the revived Pokémon will be female, so it might take some soft resetting

Oh and Lileep and Anorith's fossils are both in the game, but you can only get one (so to get the other, you'll have to trade for the other)

DANG IT ..... That sucks i won't be able to get that fossil turtle then most likely any way i did get a female anorith

on to my next question ok i caught 2 of the lake gaudians but i can't seem to get the 3rd to appear does anyone know why?

Re: Pokemon Bank re subscribe

A few ? here
What fossils are there in OR and what is there location and can they be revived to be female or will i have to breed for that to happen

Kabuto, Shieldon, Archen (according to the article on ORAS on bulbapedia) and they should have a chance to be female (but there's a 1 in 8 chance the revived Pokémon will be female, so it might take some soft resetting

Oh and Lileep and Anorith's fossils are both in the game, but you can only get one (so to get the other, you'll have to trade for the other)

DANG IT ..... That sucks i won't be able to get that fossil turtle then most likely any way i did get a female anorith

on to my next question ok i caught 2 of the lake gaudians but i can't seem to get the 3rd to appear does anyone know why?

I believe it depends on the time of the day, and I think one of them only appear one hour a day or something
but i haven't really bothered going after them yet, so I can't say with absolutely certainty

Has anyone got the North American HA Samurott yet? It's supposed to be out but every time I enter the code there's nothing there.

Can Stats decrease on leveling up?

I've been reading these days about Effort Values and how they affect what's the final stats for a pokemon. Apparently in some generations, on a level up a formula will be applied to show you how many points you got an increase in each stat. Effort values seem to give 1 extra point for each 4 assuming your pokemon level is 100. Now my question is, if your Pokemon had 252 effort values in attack, and you used a berry to reset that effort value to 0, will the stat decrease on leveling up?

Re: Can Stats decrease on leveling up?

While I'm not too knowledgeable on that, I believe it probably would. Also, it may not be exactly what you're talking about, but Vibrava loses Attack that Trapinch had, so I suppose its possible.

In generations prior to five, I think they could decrease, but don't quote me on that.

It would prior to Gen V (during Gens III-IV); during Generation V, Pokémon began changing stats immediately after acquiring EVs.

So, it turns out that they didn't start changing stats before gaining experience until Black 2 and White 2. In Black and White, a Pokémon still wouldn't display the change in EVs until after they level. I actually don't know whether or not stat-reducing berries change a Pokémon's stats immediately (I haven't used them since Platinum), but I think they would. So they probably can't lose stats upon leveling.

Is anyone else having trouble using the download codes for the Unova starters? I got the Serperior fine, but the Emboar code isn't working. And I haven't already used it, checked in-game to be sure.

I have an Eon Ticket on my copy of AS that I'd like to StreetPass to my copy of OR. My two 3DSs picked up each other's StreetPass tags but I didn't get the Eon Ticket on OR. Is there anything I could be doing wrong? The ticket is in my bag in AS and everything.

I have an Eon Ticket on my copy of AS that I'd like to StreetPass to my copy of OR. My two 3DSs picked up each other's StreetPass tags but I didn't get the Eon Ticket on OR. Is there anything I could be doing wrong? The ticket is in my bag in AS and everything.

I had a similar problem a while back. Idk if this would help you.

How do you get all the starters of the same generation?

So I'm playing through Omega Ruby with my Marshtomp and decide I want a Blaziken. I can't use GTS because I've never seen the thing, rival getting a Sceptile and all, and as far as I know it's not wild anywhere. I don't feel like buying another copy so, what's up?

Re: How do you get all the starters of the same generation?

So I'm playing through Omega Ruby with my Marshtomp and decide I want a Blaziken. I can't use GTS because I've never seen the thing, rival getting a Sceptile and all, and as far as I know it's not wild anywhere. I don't feel like buying another copy so, what's up?

You will have to trade with another person to get the other starters. I suggest going to the Trade Forum here to ask for the starters you need.

Pokemon OR/AS DexNav

Okay I am sorry if this isn't the right place for this, however I didn't see where to put it and thought this was the best place.

Anyway so I am in the process of breeding all the breedable Pokemon to 6 IV 31 and making them competitive at the same time. However I am currently on Pikachu (I have done numbers 1-24 in the national dex and I am going to go in order). And I just realized that the DexNav at some point will tell you if they have an egg move or not and if they have their hidden ability or not. Is it possible to find a Pikachu with it's item egg move Volt Tackle using the DexNav?

Re: Pokemon OR/AS DexNav

Okay I am sorry if this isn't the right place for this, however I didn't see where to put it and thought this was the best place.

Anyway so I am in the process of breeding all the breedable Pokemon to 6 IV 31 and making them competitive at the same time. However I am currently on Pikachu (I have done numbers 1-24 in the national dex and I am going to go in order). And I just realized that the DexNav at some point will tell you if they have an egg move or not and if they have their hidden ability or not. Is it possible to find a Pikachu with it's item egg move Volt Tackle using the DexNav?

It could be possible, but then again, due to the item you may not find it. From what I've seen online it doesn't look like it either

Re: How do you get all the starters of the same generation?

Er, you actually can use the GTS. Just go down to the "what Pokemon?" option in the alphabetical list and you can type in the name of the Pokemon you want yourself. I should know, this is how I got some Pokemon I had not yet seen.

I have a question about my opponent's Pokémon in this battle video which I'm playing as May in. The code for it is JJ2G-WWWW-WWXB-B2QX. Why do my my opponent's Pokémon have a flashing red ribbon in front of them when they are sent out? I'm thinking it is something to do with contests.

I have a question about my opponent's Pokémon in this battle video which I'm playing as May in. The code for it is JJ2G-WWWW-WWXB-B2QX. Why do my my opponent's Pokémon have a flashing red ribbon in front of them when they are sent out? I'm thinking it is something to do with contests.

You are correct. A Pokemon gets that animation if it has won a master rank contest in every category.

Quick question for breeders and those with some experience in casual or competitive battling:

I'm currently breeding two Togetic (31/31/31/31/31/x) and (31/31/31/x/x/31) with both parents having Bold natures. Is there a viable IV spread that I could employ in any situation that would make this nature preferable or advantageous? Should I remove the Everstone from one parent in an attempt to acquire a Calm nature? The extra bulk in Defense I suspect could be useful in some situations, perhaps if it's redirecting hits when using Follow Me in a double battle. I also figure that 115 base Sp. Def. with good IVs means it doesn't need the extra bulk provided from the nature, but to be honest I'm not quite sure. I'd appreciate your collective feedback.

Regarding its context in battle, I'd like to use it in doubles or singles - the first is preferred, but I could always just breed for one designed for one format and another for the other format.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom