• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

How could a Mega Altaria with 1 Dragon Dance outspeed my 31 Speed IV 252 EV Adamant Scolipede after 2 speed boosts. I checked and Altarias max speed is 145 while mine was 164, and I was even on a higher speed tier. So how could that have happened?

Two speed boosts = double the usual Speed stat. So yes, it can.

How could a Mega Altaria with 1 Dragon Dance outspeed my 31 Speed IV 252 EV Adamant Scolipede after 2 speed boosts. I checked and Altarias max speed is 145 while mine was 164, and I was even on a higher speed tier. So how could that have happened?

I think you misunderstood. My Scolipede had 2 speed boosts while the opponents Altaria only had 1 Dragon Dance, and I still got outsped.

I think you misunderstood. My Scolipede had 2 speed boosts while the opponents Altaria only had 1 Dragon Dance, and I still got outsped.

It also depends on the move's priority themselves. What moves were used in this scenario?

What moves were both of you using?

I used Baton Pass and the Altaria was using Return (not 100% sure). So there was no priority either.

Huh. Well, if those are the moves, I'm afraid I don't know what happened. The only other things I can think of are that your Scolipede was paralyzed, or that it was holding some sort of item that slows it down (Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, etc.), but I assume you would have already known if that was the case. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

(Pokemon Yellow) Surfing & Flying Pikachu?

So I recently started playing Pokemon Yellow on my emulator and although I played the game before a long time ago on my Gameboy, I never had a surfing Pikachu. So I thought I would utilize a Gameshark code on my emulator to teach Pikachu Surf for fun-sies. I also know that Pikachu can learn Fly in special cases starting in Generation IV but after searching the Internet, I read that a flying Pikachu in Generation I is very rare (if not non-existent). So I just wanted to clarify some questions in this thread.

My first question is, will a Pikachu that learned Surf through Gameshark be able to do all the same things as a Pikachu that learned Surf legitimately (through either an event or with Pokemon Stadium)? As in, will it be able to play the minigame in south of Fuchsia City and will the Pikachu with the surfboard sprite be available?

My second question is, under what circumstances were the flying Pikachu available for Pokemon Yellow (if any)? I would think that the flying Pikachu was available somehow back then because of the balloon Pikachu in the Yellow opening as well as Chuchu (Yellow's Pikachu from the Adventures/Special manga) being able to fly with balloons as early as the GSC chapter. If so, is it possible on the starter Pikachu in Yellow? And back then, was it possible for the starter Pikachu in Yellow to learn both Surf and Fly?

What moves were both of you using?

I used Baton Pass and the Altaria was using Return (not 100% sure). So there was no priority either.

Huh. Well, if those are the moves, I'm afraid I don't know what happened. The only other things I can think of are that your Scolipede was paralyzed, or that it was holding some sort of item that slows it down (Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, etc.), but I assume you would have already known if that was the case. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Yup, really weird. The only other possibility I see is that my pokemon was in fact paralyzed and I didn't notice. I'll check tomorrow if I saved that Battle.
Or is it somehow possible to put more than 252 EVs/ 31 IVs? I doubt it is, and even than it'd probably get detected on Battle Spot.

Re: (Pokemon Yellow) Surfing & Flying Pikachu?

So I recently started playing Pokemon Yellow on my emulator and although I played the game before a long time ago on my Gameboy, I never had a surfing Pikachu. So I thought I would utilize a Gameshark code on my emulator to teach Pikachu Surf for fun-sies. I also know that Pikachu can learn Fly in special cases starting in Generation IV but after searching the Internet, I read that a flying Pikachu in Generation I is very rare (if not non-existent). So I just wanted to clarify some questions in this thread.

My first question is, will a Pikachu that learned Surf through Gameshark be able to do all the same things as a Pikachu that learned Surf legitimately (through either an event or with Pokemon Stadium)? As in, will it be able to play the minigame in south of Fuchsia City and will the Pikachu with the surfboard sprite be available?

My second question is, under what circumstances were the flying Pikachu available for Pokemon Yellow (if any)? I would think that the flying Pikachu was available somehow back then because of the balloon Pikachu in the Yellow opening as well as Chuchu (Yellow's Pikachu from the Adventures/Special manga) being able to fly with balloons as early as the GSC chapter. If so, is it possible on the starter Pikachu in Yellow? And back then, was it possible for the starter Pikachu in Yellow to learn both Surf and Fly?

I'm not completely certain, but I think that any Pikachu with Surf should be able to access the minigame. Unless there's a specific special flag placed on the event Pikachu (which I don't think they did in Gen. I), it should work fine.

As for your second question, Bulbapedia lists CoroCoro events as the only legitimate way to get a Flying Pikachu in Gen. I. So, because of that, the starter Pikachu could not learn Fly, only Surf.

Not sure if I should be posting in a different thread for ORAS, but this was the only one I found. Anyway, where do you find leftovers in ORAS, other than level 100 pickup?

Not sure if I should be posting in a different thread for ORAS, but this was the only one I found. Anyway, where do you find leftovers in ORAS, other than level 100 pickup?

You can find it in the storage room of the S.S. Tidal. As soon as you get on the ship, just take the staircase in front of you.

i just discovered that pokemon.com will release a legit code for eon ticket. I only have it on sapp, my sis's ruby and mine still don't have the ticket. will the american code work for european copies????

i just discovered that pokemon.com will release a legit code for eon ticket. I only have it on sapp, my sis's ruby and mine still don't have the ticket. will the american code work for european copies????

The European Pokémon websites also mention that the Eon Ticket will be available soon. It may not be the same serial code as it is for North America, but you will have the opportunity to get it all the same.

How do u catch Misprit on Pokémon Platinum?

Everytime I try it keeps fleding. help plz

Exactly how many EVs do your secret base pals give your pokemon when you use their exercise skill?

Re: How do u catch Misprit on Pokémon Platinum?

Everytime I try it keeps fleding. help plz

Mesprit is a roamer and they usually flee when you encounter them, you could try using Mean Look or Block on it so it doesnt flee. It can be really hard to catch roaming legendaries. You could also try bringing a Pokemon with a sleep move and try to put Mesprit to sleep so you can try to lower it's HP to catch it. Also if you still have a Master Ball in the game, you could just use it to catch Mesprit, but you dont have to.

Exactly how many EVs do your secret base pals give your pokemon when you use their exercise skill?

Don't know, but you can determine it experimentally in the Super Training module:
1 - Save your game
2 - Use a Reset Bag and note the numbers that appear on each stat when it's reset (suspend the software at this point to take notes)
3 - Reload the game, use the pal's exercise skill
4 - Repeat step #2

The European Pokémon websites also mention that the Eon Ticket will be available soon. It may not be the same serial code as it is for North America, but you will have the opportunity to get it all the same.

Thanks bro. I owe you one. I've checked the site yesterday and the event wasn't still announced. That's why i came here..

NEW QUESTION:
I used to visit bulbanews to check the latest events on Pokémon games, wonder where you check those events now??

Hi, I'm new here. I'm wondering if any can help me with an issue I've been having with pokemon global link and the pokemon trainer club. I just created an account and verified the email address and I can even change the username and password, but whenever I press sign in, with the right information, I end up at pokemon.com's page not found screen. I've tried several accounts, devices and browsers but the same problem occurs every time. can anyone help me out?

am i the only one who's crazy about the eon ticket? im constantlly checking the site right now XD
the question is, i want to know if it's already available in the usa or UK

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom