• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • NO

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Princess of Power
Reaction score
Are Event Legends tradeable via Wonder Trade and GTS? Because I just had something really weird happen to me.

Last week, I did some Wonder Trading and got a Victini from one of my trade partners. Said Victini was Adamant, had six perfect IVs and was in a Cherish Ball. It was supposedly a rather recent--like in October--fateful encounter at a "lovely place". It had no ribbon, the trainer name was in English and was a long string of letters and the OT number didn't look at all like a date stamp. I held onto the little guy until last night.

Last night, someone offered up a shiny Golett and they were asking for a Victini. So for the heck of it, I picked through my boxes, tapped trade and waited.... and the trade went through. Somehow, this Victini was tradeable on the GTS but I don't know how that is even possible. Has the trade rules on the GTS changed or something or has someone found a way of coding certain Mythical Pokemon to bypass the restrictions? I'm asking because I still don't see how I was able to lay hands on that Golett when a year and a half before I tried the same trade and was told to get lost.

Descending into madness
Reaction score
Are Event Legends tradeable via Wonder Trade and GTS? Because I just had something really weird happen to me.

Last week, I did some Wonder Trading and got a Victini from one of my trade partners. Said Victini was Adamant, had six perfect IVs and was in a Cherish Ball. It was supposedly a rather recent--like in October--fateful encounter at a "lovely place". It had no ribbon, the trainer name was in English and was a long string of letters and the OT number didn't look at all like a date stamp. I held onto the little guy until last night.

Last night, someone offered up a shiny Golett and they were asking for a Victini. So for the heck of it, I picked through my boxes, tapped trade and waited.... and the trade went through. Somehow, this Victini was tradeable on the GTS but I don't know how that is even possible. Has the trade rules on the GTS changed or something or has someone found a way of coding certain Mythical Pokemon to bypass the restrictions? I'm asking because I still don't see how I was able to lay hands on that Golett when a year and a half before I tried the same trade and was told to get lost.
Normally, event Pokemon come with a ribbon that prevents them from being Wonder Traded or put on the GTS. The Victini you received was probably hacked.

Reaction score
Normally, event Pokemon come with a ribbon that prevents them from being Wonder Traded or put on the GTS. The Victini you received was probably hacked.
In BW1 one of the first events was the Liberty Ticket event, which allowed you to catch a Lv.15 Victini out on Liberty Garden island near Castelia. Because it's something you caught yourself (not receiving it directly via event) this Victini wasn't ribboned.

Princess of Power
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking but I am forced to wonder how they pulled this off. I've gotten a hacked shiny level 100 Suicune via Wonder Trade that is completely untradeable after I received it, yet the Victini was sent off with zero problems. It's mind-boggling to me.
In BW1 one of the first events was the Liberty Ticket event, which allowed you to catch a Lv.15 Victini out on Liberty Garden island near Castelia. Because it's something you caught yourself (not receiving it directly via event) this Victini wasn't ribboned.
Very true, but the current GTS won't let you trade that Victini at all. I tried when Pokemon Bank was first released trying to save a few shiny Automatons and was told that "It's a special Pokemon! You can't trade it!" It's the same with Arceus and the like; even if they don't have a Ribbon, they are blocked from the system. (I am unsure about Deoxys at this point.) So the fact that this Victini, which was seemingly met in freaking Kalos or Hoenn--it had the pentagon on its status screen--could slip by the restrictions is baffling. I am at a loss here.

Reaction score
Question, transfered all my pokemon from AS to pokemon bank. Restarted AS. Can i transfer pokemon back to AS pre-national pokedex and still use them or will they disappear or not work correctly? For example, want to use Chimchar and another generation grass starter from the begining with Mudkip.

Soldier of Destruction
Reaction score
Question, transfered all my pokemon from AS to pokemon bank. Restarted AS. Can i transfer pokemon back to AS pre-national pokedex and still use them or will they disappear or not work correctly? For example, want to use Chimchar and another generation grass starter from the begining with Mudkip.
Yes, you should be able to use them.

Reaction score
They're perfectly usable, they just won't appear as entries in your regional Pokedex.

Reaction score
Okay, This is really bugging as I missed it during the playthrough.
Before you free the mascot pokemon in XY, you have to battle four team flare admins in any order you choose. I was wondering what the dialogue was when you re-talk with the bald admin after you beat him, specifically the bald one at the back (they stand in a diamond shape, to do this you can't battle him last otherwise the story will just go on).

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Is there a list of all the clothing items from the various shops in X/Y? Have decided my character should go shopping.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Oh, thanks. That was helpful. What can I do about accidentally buying the wrong clothes?

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
Oh, thanks. That was helpful. What can I do about accidentally buying the wrong clothes?
Can't do anything since you can't return it, all you can do with them is wear it. You can always go into the dressing room and try out clothes to see what you like the most before buying them.

one and only
Reaction score
In Super Mystery Dungeon, I got pushed into Lively Town before accepting the Axew/Salamence mission from the Connection Orb. Now the mission isn't showing up. Did I lose it for good or will it return later on?

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
If you use a PP UP or PP Max on a Rotom form's special move (Overheat/Leaf Storm/Hydro Pump/Blizzard/Air Slash) will the increase in PP on the special move still exist when you change its form?

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
If you use a PP UP or PP Max on a Rotom form's special move (Overheat/Leaf Storm/Hydro Pump/Blizzard/Air Slash) will the increase in PP on the special move still exist when you change its form?
When Rotom changed form, the special move that has it's PP increased or maxed out, the move that replaces the old move will be at the default PP.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
I have been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and just got to the hidden land. Since I'm starting to run low on big apples, I want to go to apple woods to get more. Is it possible to go there now? Also, when I want to head back to the Hidden Land, do I have to go through Brine cave again? Where can I find the other apples other then the regular apples and the big apples?

Reaction score
In the postgame, you should be able to go to the Hidden Land by talking to Lapras, who'll be at the beach south of town.

We Rise from the Ashes to Begin Again
Reaction score
What exactly does the speed stat do in Super Mystery Dungeon?

ALL HAIL THE PIKE QUEEN
Reaction score
What exactly does the speed stat do in Super Mystery Dungeon?
I haven't played the game, but I think it increases your chance of striking first.

Edit: Please note that I'M AUSTRALIAN. Thus the game isn't coming until next year, IN FEBRUARY.

ALL HAIL THE PIKE QUEEN
Reaction score
I have been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and just got to the hidden land. Since I'm starting to run low on big apples, I want to go to apple woods to get more. Is it possible to go there now? Also, when I want to head back to the Hidden Land, do I have to go through Brine cave again? Where can I find the other apples other then the regular apples and the big apples?
You cannot go back to the town after you enter Hidden Land, UNLESS you use an Escape Orb or be defeated. If so, I think you can go back to the town via Lapras. If you want to beat the game however, you must beat Hidden Land, AND Temporal Tower in one sitting, as well as beating the final boss. You can actually find other varieties of Apples, like Huge Apples and Golden Apples, but those cannot be found until the post-game, so you need to stock up on the regular and Big Apples. Also, you do not need to beat Brine Cave again if you wish to go back to Hidden Land.