• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Can somebody tell me the number of Pokemon obtainable in ORAS? This includes post game National Dex expansions of course.

Going by this list of Pokémon unobtainable in ORAS (which are 242, according to Excel) and subtracting those from the total amount of Pokémon available (which is 719, excluding Hoopa and Volcanion which aren't on the unobtainable list) there should be 477 Pokémon available in ORAS.

Going by this list of Pokémon unobtainable in ORAS (which are 242, according to Excel) and subtracting those from the total amount of Pokémon available (which is 719, excluding Hoopa and Volcanion which aren't on the unobtainable list) there should be 477 Pokémon available in ORAS.
Thanks, I thought there were less actually. 477 is more than decent, imo.

The filter to distiguish event pokémon is the ribbon, 10th anniversary pikachu is tradeable because gen III events don't have a ribbon.
Starting from get IV this changed and the ribbon was added to all events.

Do you know what specific ribbon(s?) they are or is it just any ribbon ever?

Do you know what specific ribbon(s?) they are or is it just any ribbon ever?
If you ask for the ribbon that prevents trading on GTS and WT, as far as I confirm I know five.
Classic_Ribbon.png
-> Classic
Wishing_Ribbon.png
-> Wishing
Premier_Ribbon.png
-> Premier
Birthday_Ribbon.png
-> Brithday
Souvenir_Ribbon.png
-> Souvenir

There are other ribbons like event (
Event_Ribbon.png
) and special (
Special_Ribbon.png
) that might be too but I don't have the right pokémon to test this out

@Icy Wind thanks!

Also, I am playing White 2 on a 2DS. And all the the black loading screens are very long. Is that normal? After a wild battle, for instance, or a trainer battle, or when using fly, it takes a lot of time of loading. Longer than on any other Pokemon ive played.

I read in several places that loading screens and transitions were slowers on 3ds than on the ds family for DS games. That might be true for your game now (I played White 2 on a 3ds already so I have no idea if there's a diference with playing it on a ds), the only way I can think of to discard a catridge problem it's if you are able to play your game on a ds, and see if it's as slow as in your 2ds.

I had saved on southern island after going over a thousand runaway encounters with Latias. Does this prevent it from being shiny?

Thanks @TouyaShiro and @White Crowat! Good to know. I'll look over my bazillion pokemon later to see if any have Event or Special and attempt with them (I bought a couple of used games to finish my pokemon game collection and some of them had a whole bunch of pokemon on it so who knows). I'll report back if I find one and they work/don't work

@Alexander I think there is a shiny lock on the Eon pokes 51st prevents then from being shiny in-game in ORAS, but I'd have to look to be sure.

@Alexander I think there is a shiny lock on the Eon pokes 51st prevents then from being shiny in-game in ORAS, but I'd have to look to be sure.
As far as I am aware, only Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Deoxys is shiny locked. I was wondering if Latias still has a chance of being shiny after I had saved the game after a number of runaways and turning the game off.

I just tested for you. It takes exactly 8 seconds to complete the progress on 3ds. But I guess it is still shorter than HG/SS.
thank you very much! :) I guess it is the same on 2DS and 3DS, since it is the same engine?
And how long does it take on a normal DS? Do you know?

Also, did you test the black screens after a trainer battle or a pokemon wild battle?

Yeah, I'd be out.

BTW: Did anyone find out if Lance's Dragonite giveaway from the Kalos Classic is a set 31/x/31/31/31/x ?

thank you very much! :) I guess it is the same on 2DS and 3DS, since it is the same engine?
And how long does it take on a normal DS? Do you know?

Also, did you test the black screens after a trainer battle or a pokemon wild battle?
I really don't know how long it takes on a normal DS or 2DS. I never owned them.

As for wild battle or trainer battle, the black screen lasts around 2 - 3 seconds. When I use fly, it gives 4 seconds of black screen. I don't remember if I realised that before but really, 5th gen games are slow. Also you have to press A like 4 or 5 times in order to continue game when you just started it, which is also annoying. You have to press A once or twice on X/Y if I am not mistaken.

I really don't know how long it takes on a normal DS or 2DS. I never owned them.

As for wild battle or trainer battle, the black screen lasts around 2 - 3 seconds. When I use fly, it gives 4 seconds of black screen. I don't remember if I realised that before but really, 5th gen games are slow. Also you have to press A like 4 or 5 times in order to continue game when you just started it, which is also annoying. You have to press A once or twice on X/Y if I am not mistaken.
Speed test time! I went ahead and did a speed test on Pokemon Black 2 on my normal DS, DSlight, and 3DS.

Normal DS: 1:08
DSlight: 1:08
3DS: 1:15

That's going from start to title screen.

Hello everyone

Pls help me finding an old pokemon game I use to play on gameboy color or the normal gameboy not sure!

Its a strategic game like fire emblem! my friend had it and man it was fun but i cant find it anywhere on the net like it never even existed but i know it did! So if someone knows what game i am talking about pls tell me

Hello everyone

Pls help me finding an old pokemon game I use to play on gameboy color or the normal gameboy not sure!

Its a strategic game like fire emblem! my friend had it and man it was fun but i cant find it anywhere on the net like it never even existed but i know it did! So if someone knows what game i am talking about pls tell me

Dynasty Warriors? Baldur's Gate? Any of these?

Well, that's weird. On my 2DS, the black loading screen after the end of a trainer battle/ Pokemon encounter, is definitely around 3 seconds. That's strange... Maybe it's something wrong with my game? I hope not...

PD Also, it takes incredibly long each time I want to soft reset the game. The black loading screen from when I turn off the game, until i can turn it on again, is long, too.
@White Crowat thanks... I hope you are right!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom