• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I have a question about the villa furniture in pokemon platinum.

You have to walk 300,000 steps to unlock the chandelier. Does this mean you have to travel 300k tiles, or do you specifically have to walk instead of running or biking?

no not at all its exactly like fire emblem but its a pokemon game!

Oooh, sorry I missed that part ^^; Well the only thing I can think of that's like Fire Emblem is Pokémon Conquest, but that game didn't come out on GameBoy. Maybe you're thinking about the Mystery Dungeon games then? Here's a list of all the Pokémon games, if it's a Pokémon game, it should be in there.

I have a question about the villa furniture in pokemon platinum.

You have to walk 300,000 steps to unlock the chandelier. Does this mean you have to travel 300k tiles, or do you specifically have to walk instead of running or biking?

No it's just talking about tiles, it doesn't matter if you take those steps walking, running or biking.

Last edited:
So I have a not so ingame question. Why were people exspecting Pokémon Z? Like, on what was that rumor based on? Purely on expectations?
I'm not so sure if this question belongs here, if there's a thread where this question is more suitable, please tell me

Trust me, we've already done a ton of speculation on that subject, @DonN. The gist of the belief of Pokémon Z's existence revolved around the surprise Zygarde announcement, and the existence of XY&Z as its own story arc. Magearna threw everything for a loop before Sun & Moon finally dashed the hopes of a proper Pokémon Z. Be wary bringing the subject up, because we had a thread on (the lack of) Pokémon Z closed due to the behaviour that was exhibited in it.

I did my best to answer this question, even though it doesn't actually belong here.

Ah thank you. I'm a new member so I probably missed that discussion. It looks like there wasn't any real evidence for it

In poképark wii Pikachu's adventure I wanted to befriend Duskull so I went to Duskull after befriending Mew but they did not ask to be friends, then I thought I needed to get the bonus for every pokemon in Rotom's spooky shoot-'em-up so I did and then I talked to Duskull again, the dialoge didn't change and Duskull won't ask me to be friends, is this a glitch? can I fix it somehow? I am playing the European game if that changes anything

Is Roxanne the only way to get Cut? That's, probably, been asked before, but I don't have the time to go through 201 pages. The message about Cut showed up on my screen after beating her, but I checked the Machines pocket and didn't have Cut after the battle.

You get the Cut HM from the Cutter who lives west (left) of the Pokémon center. However, you can't USE the move until you have her badge.

I lost to Ghestis in B&W 1, woke up on Pokemon League pokemon center. Now I don't know where to go to retry the fight, as the guard won't let me back into the leauge to gup up the stairs to the castle. Help?

I lost to Ghestis in B&W 1, woke up on Pokemon League pokemon center. Now I don't know where to go to retry the fight, as the guard won't let me back into the leauge to gup up the stairs to the castle. Help?

Go into the Pokémon Center and there's a Team Plasma member who'll warp you back.

Not concerned about this, but why is it whenever I put a male and female Pokemon of the same Egg Group in the Daycare, it still says "they don't like each other very much"? Of course they'll still breed because the egg group is right, but I am genuinely confused why the Daycare Man keeps saying this. Even two Pokemon who are only in one egg group will still prompt this message. This always happens in every game I play.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out myself. It's determines the likelihood of an egg. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's various factors that come into play there. The most ideal way to get 'em to breed quickly is by having the two Pokémon you want to breed be traded from other games (and in two different languages if you're going for the Masuda Method). With B2W2, you can also get the Round Charm.

I was wondering, how often can you rematch Gym Leaders and E4 in the Battle Chateau in Pokemon X, assuming you have all the necessary Writs, etc. Once a day, or as many times as you want? I mean, once you defeat a gym leader, will he reappear to battle again that same day, or would he not reappear for a battle until next day?

Every trainer has a random chance of appearing (depending on your title, obviously), so they can appear multiple times per day throughout the 24 hour period. Of course, in order to ensure they come as often as possible, you'll want to use the Silver Writ of Invitation, thus giving you more chances to fight the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champion for that 24 hour period of time. I usually combine it with the Gold Writ of Invitation and Black Writ of Challenge for maximum payout, along with an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense.

Edit: Also, on that note, sometimes if you're looking for a specific trainer, using the Silver Writ makes it so that you may spend enough time in a single room fighting all the trainers in there, only to have 2 or 3 new trainers enter, and only hear about the one trainer when moving between rooms - so do go looking around the entire area every time someone new comes in. Basically, just fight the strongest opponents there and wait for the next spawn.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and I guess Pl/HGSS too if the answer is the same, can my streak to fight to Frontier Brains include Double Battles as long as I pick Singles on the streak I'll meet them on or are they considered separate and do I have to go through in Singles to fight the Brains?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom