• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I think I asked this somewhere else a while back, but I can't remember where it was and cannot recall the answer. But does anybody know if, for example, I transfer a Raichu or an Alakazam up to Gen VI, their base stats will change? There were a number of Pokémon that received 10-point increases to their base stats in XY, and I'm trying to figure out if they gets applied to those species upon transfer from older generations, like how Gardevoir from DPP become part Fairy-type when they get sent through Poké Transporter.

@Esserise
Yes, their base stats will change once they're transferred over to Generation VI - their stats will be recalculated, and any EVs that go beyond 252 will be taken out to reflect the new hard cap. Contrary to what leaks say about RBY VC transfers to Generation VII :p

So I'm looking to catch a Sunkern on Pearl. According the Bulbapedia you can find it via PokéRadar on route 205 or something. My question is this: does that mean I can find it just by using the PokéRadar or does it have to be a swarm?

So I'm looking to catch a Sunkern on Pearl. According the Bulbapedia you can find it via PokéRadar on route 205 or something. My question is this: does that mean I can find it just by using the PokéRadar or does it have to be a swarm?

You just have to turn on the PokéRadar. A swarm simply means that the encounter rate is higher, but for all Pokémon you can find by Pokéradar, you can just turn on the Pokéradar in the mentioned route. Sunkern also never appears in swarms ;)

Do note that the Pokéradar can make any Pokémon found on that route appear, you won't only find Sunkern by turning on the radar, so it may take you a few tries.

Hello guys. I have a Nintendo DS but I want to buy Pokémon X for the 3DS, so I'm buying a 2DS to play games of both handhelds.
My question is: I have saved files in the old DS of HGSS an BW. Can I play with those saved files on the 2DS or do I have to start over?
If this is not the correct thread to post this kind of problems, could you send me the link of the correct thread?
Thanks.(y)

Hello guys. I have a Nintendo DS but I want to buy Pokémon X for the 3DS, so I'm buying a 2DS to play games of both handhelds.
My question is: I have saved files in the old DS of HGSS an BW. Can I play with those saved files on the 2DS or do I have to start over?
If this is not the correct thread to post this kind of problems, could you send me the link of the correct thread?
Thanks.(y)

Your files are saved on the cartridge, not on the device. So you can just insert them in your 2DS and continue where you left off last time :)

Hey guys. If I were to build a Sand Team, which ability that an offensive Garchomp must have? Sand Veil,or Rough Skin?

Does anybody know why in Gen 1/2, in the japanese versions, every pc box can store 30 Pokémon but in the international games they limited it to 20 Pokémon per Box?

I'm not sure if I can ask here but.. I didn't play PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky much (at least at this moment..) and I need to know something about Time Gears without spoiling something. Right now I know that they make the time flow and if they're removed from their places, the time will stop. But I need to know, do they have any other abilities? Can they revert time or something?

I'm not sure if I can ask here but.. I didn't play PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky much (at least at this moment..) and I need to know something about Time Gears without spoiling something. Right now I know that they make the time flow and if they're removed from their places, the time will stop. But I need to know, do they have any other abilities? Can they revert time or something?
Nothing more was mentioned about them aside from what you know. Remove them and time in the area will stop, that's just about it.

Hey guys. If I were to build a Sand Team, which ability that an offensive Garchomp must have? Sand Veil,or Rough Skin?
I must ask first, have you considered Mega Garchomp and its Sand Force? It's alright if this isn't on the table, I've just wanted to know because the pre-Mega ability usually doesn't matter outside of Sableye and Sharpedo.

The O-Power will last through the end of the battle. I've verified it through a 15 minute battle at the restaurants in XY. Still applied throughout all 4 battles.

Can you soft reset in a Hidden Grotto for gender when you are inside, or is this a case of "gender is decided before going in"? I have never successfully SRed for a different gender of any Pokemon i found there, so I wanna know if it's possible.

Can you soft reset in a Hidden Grotto for gender when you are inside, or is this a case of "gender is decided before going in"? I have never successfully SRed for a different gender of any Pokemon i found there, so I wanna know if it's possible.

From what I've read around the internet, the only thing that can be changed by soft resetting is the nature of the Pokémon. Gender is locked. The only thing you can do is beat the Pokémon and then keep walking 256 steps until the Grotto regenerates.

From what I've read around the internet, the only thing that can be changed by soft resetting is the nature of the Pokémon. Gender is locked. The only thing you can do is beat the Pokémon and then keep walking 256 steps until the Grotto regenerates.

Thanks. I'm gonna go cry in a corner if you need me.

I don't know why it happened (maybe because I cheated a bit -3-), but my game became unplayable.. I can't open my menu, PC, and I can't talk to nurse and that woman that gives you event items.. I can't talk to people in port so I'm stuck on Battle Resort too. In this game I have a lot of my Pokemon, almost all of them, some of them are from my first game.. So.. I'm not sure what should I do. Should I buy a Pokemon Bank and hope that I'll be able to transfer my Pokemon? Should I restart the game and hope that I'll be able to re-download it? Maybe somehow put the game on SD card or something? Help ;-;

I don't know why it happened (maybe because I cheated a bit -3-), but my game became unplayable.. I can't open my menu, PC, and I can't talk to nurse and that woman that gives you event items.. I can't talk to people in port so I'm stuck on Battle Resort too. In this game I have a lot of my Pokemon, almost all of them, some of them are from my first game.. So.. I'm not sure what should I do. Should I buy a Pokemon Bank and hope that I'll be able to transfer my Pokemon? Should I restart the game and hope that I'll be able to re-download it? Maybe somehow put the game on SD card or something? Help ;-;

Could you maybe say what kind of cheating you did exactly? Maybe people who are familiar with the cheat know how to get your game working again.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom