• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Have you been to Slateport City to witness Maxie steal the submarine?
Yes, I'm in the post game, every time I talk to someone important my game crashes..

Could you maybe say what kind of cheating you did exactly? Maybe people who are familiar with the cheat know how to get your game working again.
I did that cheat that can't be done with the new Nontendo 3DS update that involves going to some site and scanning the QR Code, but I'm just guessing, it maybe had nothing to do with it.

Hello. I'm playing Pokemon Platinum and i'm in search of a dawn stone. I searched in bulbapedia and i saw you can get one in route 212 and it's exclusive to platinum, but i cant get it. I tried the dowsing machine but i got an ultra ball. Why?
Thanks.

Hello. I'm playing Pokemon Platinum and i'm in search of a dawn stone. I searched in bulbapedia and i saw you can get one in route 212 and it's exclusive to platinum, but i cant get it. I tried the dowsing machine but i got an ultra ball. Why?
Thanks.

You can find it while using the Dowsing Machine in the top left corner in the mud. There's also an Ultra Ball in that area, that's why you found one. Gotta search again for the Dawn Stone ;)

If you can't find it, this video may help (the one on route 212 starts at 1:00).

Both are very easy if you have the right berry. If you have a Grepa, Hondew, Kelpsy, Pomeg, Qualot, or Tamato you can grow a ton of them and use them to increase friendship. Easy peasy.

I will evolve my two Eevee to Umbreon and Espeon. Which versions are easier to increase happiness? XY or ORAS?

And could anyone guide me a little for the quickest way to increase happiness? (I don't want to battle and level up, because I don't want to miss the moves.) I have checked the Bulbapedia Table of course, but I need more information.

I happied up two of my eevees together in ORAS to a sufficient level that they would evolve using this method:

1) Gave each one a soothe bell;
2) Gave each a massage at Mauville City (one just before midnight, one just after);
3) Used the Battle Resort cycling route for approx. 15 minutes.

Just before giving one a Rare Candy, I saved the game so if they didnt evolve I could reset the game as to not waste RCs. When one evolved it was just a case of waiting for the next day/night period to evolve the other.

Last edited:
Hello!I'm playing Pokémon White on emulator for android DraStic. Yesterday,it was Spring. But today,it's Winter!Why?It should be Summer by Bulbapedia. Please help me!

It's important question!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will evolve my two Eevee to Umbreon and Espeon. Which versions are easier to increase happiness? XY or ORAS?

And could anyone guide me a little for the quickest way to increase happiness? (I don't want to battle and level up, because I don't want to miss the moves.) I have checked the Bulbapedia Table of course, but I need more information.

What i did was use the Befriending O-Power in ORAS, and cycle around Battle Resort. I'm not sure by how many times you have to do this to get max friendship, but talk to the friendship checker in Verdanturf Town to find out if it is maxed.

Hello!I'm playing Pokémon White on emulator for android DraStic. Yesterday,it was Spring. But today,it's Winter!Why?It should be Summer by Bulbapedia. Please help me!

It's important question!

Well, the actual game changes seasons based on the date on your DS. But you're playing on an emulator, so maybe it doesn't have any information about which month it is and therefore the seasons don't change correctly? Can't find anything about this problem though, people with other emulators say it changes seasons based on the clock on your PC, but maybe that simply doesn't work with yours. DraStic seem to have their own forums, maybe ask there?

Also, no matter how important your question is, please don't double post ;)

The Juice Shoppe in Lumiose city is a great way to boost friendship, it's one of the things I've use to get max friendship with a few different pokemon. The bulbapedia page tells you all about which berries you need to get the most friendship out of a juice or shake.

Does the 2d's alow for a system transfer? If it does, then yes, you will be able to transfer everything to your 3ds.

Sorry if this is isn't the right place to post this

But I broke my phone a few days ago and I don't know my code for getting my progress back
I usually would start a new game but I wasted sooo much money and time on it

Is there any way I can get my progress back?
I still have my friend code
Is that enough to get it back?

Sorry if this is isn't the right place to post this

But I broke my phone a few days ago and I don't know my code for getting my progress back
I usually would start a new game but I wasted sooo much money and time on it

Is there any way I can get my progress back?
I still have my friend code
Is that enough to get it back?

It seems you can only get your data back if you have your ID Client (found under Option > Data Transfer > Issue a transfer code). But since your phone broke you can't look it up anymore, except if you'd written it down somewhere. You can always try to contact Support, but I'm afraid that if you don't have your ID Client, you'll have to start over again...

Just got one quick question to verify something - in ORAS, is it possible to make Lugia/Ho-Oh appear at Sea Mauville before dealing with Groudon/Kyogre, by simply collecting the Scanner after you receive Dive and then giving it to Stern? Or will he not give you the Clear/Tidal Bell until after you battle Groudon/Kyogre?

@Esserise According to Bulbapedia, the Scanner itself is only found after Kyogre or Groudon have been defeated or captured. So you won't be able to catch them until soaring becomes available - as per the majority of Legendaries available through Mirage spots.

I've got a bit of an obscure question for anybody with some internal data expertise.

In HGSS, one of the Pokégear radio channels (The Variety Channel) has a program called "Pokémon Search Party". There are thirteen different "episodes," each corresponding to a different Pokémon or location. According to the page on Bulbapedia, the episodes that will play on your radio are dependent on how far into the game you are.

My question is, what are the exact flags for each program to play? In other words, when in the game does each episode become available? I am particularly interested in the Giratina one (episode #11), although it would be very helpful to know the timing for all of them.

I have a dilemma here.

I bred both my 5IV Pichu in February 9 and my 5IV Vulpix on May 30 and I never EV trained and leveled them. Since Pokemon Sun and moon are around the corner coming out in 2 weeks, I don't know if I should train and evolve them now or wait to do it in Pokemon Sun and Moon in the future. Or I should wait and rebreed them in Sun and Moon after Pokebank opens up for the two games?

I have a dilemma here.

I bred both my 5IV Pichu in February 9 and my 5IV Vulpix on May 30 and I never EV trained and leveled them. Since Pokemon Sun and moon are around the corner coming out in 2 weeks, I don't know if I should train and evolve them now or wait to do it in Pokemon Sun and Moon in the future. Or I should wait and rebreed them in Sun and Moon after Pokebank opens up for the two games?

Part of the problem with answering this is we don't know the mechanic will work. Does a non-Alolan Vulpix become an Alolan Ninetails? We don't know yet. I would think that you would be better off just training and evolving your Vulpix and waiting on the Pichu. Because there isn't any other Alolan forms in the Pichu line except for Raichu, you should be good there.

Of course, I could be wrong as well.......

@Kirby4ever, you've also got until at least January last we checked before Pokémon Bank opens itself up to Sun & Moon. So you can take your time making a decision.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom