• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello. Is anybody playing SM on a 2DS? I want to know if there are any major performance issues. I heard that Double and Multi battles in SM are actually worse than Triple/Rotation battles in XY/ORAS!!! Is this true?

What about Battle Royal battles?

Also, how long are the black screens when starting a battle/after a battle ends/when entering a building? Are they much longer on the 2DS?

Please tell me, (a video would also be appreciated if possible...)

C´mon, there has to be at least one person around here that is playing the game on 2DS xD :p
I'll be playing on 2DS but as I'm in the UK we don't have it yet :(

Reaction score
I read this on DigitalSpy today, can anyone elaborate a little?

There's a new feature hidden in the menu that lets you scan QR codes you find in the real world to unlock non-Alolan Pokémon in your game and catch Poké friends like Charmeleon in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Each QR code you scan will give you info on a Pokémon you can't usually find in Alola. Every ten you scan, you can run an "island scan", and it'll spawn one of those Pokémon into the islands.

We've had great success doing this around the first island, catching critters like Chikorita and Bulbasaur.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
It can be found at Mount Lanakila on Ula'ula Island, only in Pokémon Sun.
I have Pokemon Sun and I'm not that far yet, I just got my starter heading to the festival. How far into the game where you can get an Alolain Vulpix?

Administrator
Reaction score
From what I've heard it can only be done at the Festival Plaza, at the same stand you can get EV-raising drinks at I think? Could indeed be that you need a higher rank for that.
That would make sense given that it's a low rank right now and only has a couple of drinks. I haven't been able to find much information on the shops for the Festival Plaza, so I don't know when I can actually get those drinks. I could just not worry about EV Training for awhile. That would be kind of refreshing in a way, but I'm also used to EV training my Pokemon as soon as I get them.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
I have Pokemon Sun and I'm not that far yet, I just got my starter heading to the festival. How far into the game where you can get an Alolain Vulpix?
Ula'ula Island is the third of the four main islands you will visit while playing through the game. Which means it is quite far into the game.

oh my
Reaction score
Did we ever figure out the secret shared between the starters and Rockruff?

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Did we ever figure out the secret shared between the starters and Rockruff?
There never was a 'shared' secret, CoroCoro just said that both Rockruff and the starters had a secret, but not necessarily the same. Rockruff's was the evo with split forms, I'm guessing the starter's secret is the unique Z-Moves.

oh my
Reaction score
There never was a 'shared' secret, CoroCoro just said that both Rockruff and the starters had a secret, but not necessarily the same. Rockruff's was the evo with split forms, I'm guessing the starter's secret is the unique Z-Moves.
Ahh okay, that makes a lot more sense. I could have sworn something big had been revealed but I knew I would have remembered it if it did aha. Thanks Soki!

Reaction score
Is there any way to get more Pokebeans besides the guy at the cafe giving them to you once a day? I use them up so fast...

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
Is that the second island in the game? Any particular Route?
It is the second indeed. It is to the east of Paniola Ranch, not sure what the route number is because I don't see it while watching walkthroughs.

I'm a funny bug.
Reaction score
It is the second indeed. It is to the east of Paniola Ranch, not sure what the route number is because I don't see it while watching walkthroughs.
Ah, thank you. I'm glad that isn't too far in, as I'm going to have to Breed a Popplio to trade for a Rowlet for my dream team via GTS.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Speaking of trades, where is Passimian found in Sun? I'd like to trade one for an Oranguru.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Speaking of trades, where is Passimian found in Sun? I'd like to trade one for an Oranguru.
Passimian seem to be at the Lush Jungle on Akala Island (the second island).

Is there any way to get more Pokebeans besides the guy at the cafe giving them to you once a day? I use them up so fast...
You get a Poké Beans tree on the first Poké Pelago island, which you seem to unlock after the second trial on the second island.

Note: I say 'seem' a lot cause I don't have the games yet, I'm just trying to help with info I found around on the internet ^^;

Reaction score
Do the male and female player characters have canon names? Like Red, Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, etc. If so, what are their names?