• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Reaction score
Hello, I want to ask some questions if I may:
- How early we can access GTS and Wondertrade?

Thank you very much :)
I can access the Festival Plaza, which host GTS and Wondertrade, by the time I got to the first city. I didn't check my menu that often so maybe it's actually earlier than that.

Thank you very much for your answer :)
- Is Ash-Greninja breedable? If yes, will it evolve to Greninja with Battle Bond, or it just bear regular Froakie?
As far as I know, it's unbreedable.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread, but I'm going to ask a mechanical question. Have anyone of check whether Deerling and Sawsbuck forms are still static or can they change form again according to the calendar? I just scan random QR code today and got a winter Sawsbuck. This could mean that form changing is back for the Deerling's line.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Where/when does the 'Long and Tousled' hair style for male trainers become available?

Reaction score
Can Totem Pokemon be caught post-game?

Also, sorry if this isn't the place but is it possible to obtain missed items in the demo via turning back the date setting in the 3DS? I read online that this will completely mess up the time based events but others have said that it will get back on track after a couple days and should match up with the missed time based events later..?

Just add sugar
Reaction score
Where is the NPC that asks for the Pokedex entry for Rockruff? (A list of all such NPCs would be super helpful if it exists!)

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Where is the NPC that asks for the Pokedex entry for Rockruff? (A list of all such NPCs would be super helpful if it exists!)
At the very end of Route 3, if I remember correctly. He looks like a tourist trainer.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I am hearing SM leave a lot of unfinished points, like different NPCs saying "I am going to build something here one day" or "this will become a giant fossil location one day" or Mina saying she will make a trial, etc. And I am also hearing speculation that those squares are building squares that could become Gyms in the future. Is this implied anywhere in the game?

Also, in general, are there many of those in the game? I hope not...

Reaction score
did the move Teleport change?
Switches user in trainer battles ?
Like Baton Pass? no extra effect?

I'm a funny bug.
Reaction score
My questions about fishing: Is the rod I use upgradable or something? I've had zero luck catching many of the aquatic pokemon, like Alomomola, Staryu, Corsola, etc., even when I go to the right places.

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
Can Totem Pokemon be caught post-game?

Also, sorry if this isn't the place but is it possible to obtain missed items in the demo via turning back the date setting in the 3DS? I read online that this will completely mess up the time based events but others have said that it will get back on track after a couple days and should match up with the missed time based events later..?
The species of the Totem Pokemon are definitely catchable throughout the game. If you mean the individual Totem Pokemon then likely not as far as I know since they are meant to serve as bosses.

The events in the demo aren't based on dates but rather the amount of time lapsed since starting the demo. If you want to obtain missed items from the demo you have to restart it from the very beginning. Once you do that you have to make sure to grab the items the very day the NPCs say they are ready or otherwise you'll have to restart the process from the very beginning. Other than Ash-Greninja, which you can't miss, all the other stuff obtained from the demo are just little items that you sell to the PokeMart so not many people feel it's worth to go through the entire demo again since it takes almost a month to get everything.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
You know about that berry field on route 3? I went to go plant berries there so I can grow them and build my supply, especially for the berries for battling. When I go to plant them, for some reason I can't plant the berries since the areas in the field isn't letting me plant them. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I missed?

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
You know about that berry field on route 3? I went to go plant berries there so I can grow them and build my supply, especially for the berries for battling. When I go to plant them, for some reason I can't plant the berries since the areas in the field isn't letting me plant them. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I missed?
You cannot plant Berries there. Berries can be planted and grown using the Poké Pelago feature.

Administrator
Reaction score
So I have been able to use the Festival Plaza more often and I'm already at level 18. I do have a couple of questions about it though. Does anyone know what shops carry the secret meals that lower EVs and at what level you gain access to them? Would the secret meals work even if the Pokemon's friendship is at a maximum level? I'd like to still EV train the Pokemon I catch for my teams in the main storyline, but I don't know if that wouldn't be possible due to their friendship levels being maxed out.

Also, will I stop running into trainers with just one Pokemon so frequently? I'm just about to get to Route 7 and it's still a miracle if I battle a trainer with two Pokemon. There were already way too many trainers with just one Pokemon on the first island, but I think players can handle at least two Pokemon per trainer by the time we get to the second island.

Reaction score
Also, will I stop running into trainers with just one Pokemon so frequently? I'm just about to get to Route 7 and it's still a miracle if I battle a trainer with two Pokemon. There were already way too many trainers with just one Pokemon on the first island, but I think players can handle at least two Pokemon per trainer by the time we get to the second island.
unfortunately....no. most trainers have only 1-2. i was honestly surprised when i saw a Swimmer or Lass with three. i'm not too bummed by the quantity, but i am bummed that trainers are using so many overleveled NFEs.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
When is the earliest that I can access Sandshrew and Drampa?

Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately....no. most trainers have only 1-2. i was honestly surprised when i saw a Swimmer or Lass with three. i'm not too bummed by the quantity, but i am bummed that trainers are using so many overleveled NFEs.
Well darn it. I was kind of expecting that given where I am right now, but that is still kind of disappointing. I can understand having trainers with little Pokemon on them in the early stages of the games, but they really should have more than two Pokemon by the time you've gotten to the second island. Granted, there is the Exp. Share, but I'm old fashioned in that I want to see my Pokemon battle and see them when their levels increase. And considering that I prefer to keep my starter out when I face off against a new trainer, I'll probably have to get used to battling some wild Pokemon more often for my other Pokemon.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
So I have been able to use the Festival Plaza more often and I'm already at level 18. I do have a couple of questions about it though. Does anyone know what shops carry the secret meals that lower EVs and at what level you gain access to them? Would the secret meals work even if the Pokemon's friendship is at a maximum level? I'd like to still EV train the Pokemon I catch for my teams in the main storyline, but I don't know if that wouldn't be possible due to their friendship levels being maxed out.
If you mean the Friendship meals that raise your Pokémon's friendship, but lower their stats: that's the Friendship Café (a food stall). At one star they only sell a meal that lowers Special Attack though, not sure what exactly they sell with more stars. Could be that the Friendship Parlor (also a food stall) also sells meals like that, but I have no idea what it sells yet sadly.

When is the earliest that I can access Sandshrew and Drampa?
I've read you can get Sandshrew the earliest in Tapu Village, and later on Mount Lanakila (both locations are on Ula'ula island). For Drampa I can only find Mount Lanakila.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
I've read you can get Sandshrew the earliest in Tapu Village, and later on Mount Lanakila (both locations are on Ula'ula island). For Drampa I can only find Mount Lanakila.
I did find the Sandshrew, but do we get to visit Mt. Lanakila during the storyline? Like, is there a side-entrance we can take to part of it? Because the main entrance in Tapu Village is blocked off by construction workers until the League gets built.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
I did find the Sandshrew, but do we get to visit Mt. Lanakila during the storyline? Like, is there a side-entrance we can take to part of it? Because the main entrance in Tapu Village is blocked off by construction workers until the League gets built.
Oh I'd assumed you'd be able to go there from the village indeed, but I've now found that it's indeed only accessible after you've finished all the trials :(

Reaction score
Just want to add that it seems like the Fesrival Plaza meal won't let you lower EV of Pokemon with max happiness. :mad: I'm trying to collect all the EV lowering berries right now.