• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I never got an answer: When I go through the wormhole, instead of the time being offset by 12 hours, it's only offset by 5 hours. What's up with that? Yes, my 3DS clock is set right; the guy in the cafe tells me the correct time when I'm in my own world, but when it's 4 PM IRL, he says it's 11AM in the other world. I thought it was supposed to be a 12-hour offset?

Also, I see everyone talking about Pokedex entries for Mega Evolutions, but how do I even see those? I mega evolved my Alakazam and there's nothing new in the Pokedex.

Bring Ruin
Reaction score
Also, I see everyone talking about Pokedex entries for Mega Evolutions, but how do I even see those? I mega evolved my Alakazam and there's nothing new in the Pokedex.
You'll need to go to Appearance/Cry section of the entry (bound to Y,) & tap on the arrows that point left or right.

Sergeant Marine
Reaction score
When purchasing drinks from the café man at the PokéCenter is there a limit to how often will he hand out beans? Would it help to head to another Center?

Basically during my battle during the jango-o totem pokemon battle I encountered a weird thing
Its SOS cry called in a scizor ....

I checked serebii and some other sites but none could tell me if this was normal ...
Did I got lucky or is my game bugged ?
Check Serebii again under the Island Trials, this is normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I getting dabbed on by a Stunfisk?
Reaction score
This is a really general question so I'm just going to ask it here since XY spell-checked a bunch of other move and item names: Does anybody know if there's a particular reason why Spacial Rend is spelled that way, with a C, instead of being spelled Spatial Rend, which would line up with Palkia's species classification and basically every other instance of that word in the games? Is it something to do with the original Japanese wording?

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
When purchasing drinks from the café man at the PokéCenter is there a limit to how often will he hand out beans? Would it help to head to another Center?
The Cafe employees give out beans just once every day. I don't think you can obtain them from every Pokémon Centre in one day, however, I don't believe I have actually tested that. I assume they don't.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
What are the two Pokemon in the Poni Dex that are between Sharpedo and Lapras?

Reaction score
I'll be starting a new Platinum playthrough soon and I'm interested in using Ludicolo and I have a Sapphire cartridge for the Dongle Method, but I'm confused about something.

Bulbapedia said:
If the player has the ability to use Pal Park, the dongle method allows specific wild Pokémon to appear depending on the GBA game. If the player cannot use Pal Park, the dongle method has no effect.

Does that mean I have to see every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex and get the National Dex before the Dongle Method works?

Reaction score
I recently added Mimikyu to my Pokemon Moon team, and when I went to Pokemon refresh to play with my new team member it already had 4 hearts. It was newly caught, and I hadn't even battled with it yet. Is this a glitch? Or something specific for Mimikyu?

qhz

Reaction score
Tweaking in Pearl Is Leading Me To Fullmoon Island Instead of Newmoon Island

When I follow the instructions to tweak to Darkrai, I get to the island, but the map title says it's Turnback Cave, and I am unable to save through the explorer kit. I can save via the kit when on Fullmoon Island (after runing around the map a bit to get there), which lets me interact with Cresselia. However, Darkrai is my current target. Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong? Thank you and happy new year.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
I know for sure that the other person has to be doing absolutely nothing while you register them as VIP, or else it won't work. Could be that they also need to be online, or else you probably can't talk to their character at all.

Though a friend of mine seems to always be in my Festival Plaza, but could be because I've already registered him as VIP...

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
@Soki @The Outrage
An update on this, actually... I managed to register a VIP while I was offline (and just on Wireless Communication) that presumably came over when I was last online, and I did so out of curiosity since he had a notable facility that I potentially wanted.

Bring Ruin
Reaction score
Another curious question: Can Wimpod only appear in a certain time of day, & if so, when do they appear?

Reaction score
They should be able to appear at any time of day, but if it gets to its hideout in one location, it'll take a certain amount of time for it to respawn.