• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
No I think it's correct. As I read it, there's a 35% chance of getting a Trevenant horde and there's a 5% chance that that horde will have a Sudowoodo included. So there's a 35% chance of getting Trevenant hordes with and without Sudowoodo.
Yeah, that's what I thought it would be as well. I think it is misleading/confusing to have another line for a Sudowoodo in the horde but ignoring it's percentage right before.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought it would be as well. I think it is misleading/confusing to have another line for a Sudowoodo in the horde but ignoring it's percentage right before.
I agree I think, it took me quite a while to figure out how those percentages were supposed to work ^^;

If you want the Bulbapedia people to know, you could mention it in the BULBAPEDIA: - Suggestions, ideas, and problems thread :)

Reaction score
This questions is more for shiny hunters and I was wondering, if I hatch and obtain shinies from my brothers game and transfer it over to mine, would the shinies still be considered as my own Pokémon? It's a strange question, but the reason I ask is because I got my own strict rule of not counting any shinies traded from others as anything special, since I did not obtain it myself and the 'OT' would not state my own IGN.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
This questions is more for shiny hunters and I was wondering, if I hatch and obtain shinies from my brothers game and transfer it over to mine, would the shinies still be considered as my own Pokémon? It's a strange question, but the reason I ask is because I got my own strict rule of not counting any shinies traded from others as anything special, since I did not obtain it myself and the 'OT' would not state my own IGN.
The shinies will have the OT of the game they were generated in, so your brother will be their OT, no matter where you send them to.

Reaction score
im having trouble understanding what oak and mary are saying when they talk about pokemon swarms so its not useful for finding such pokemon. what do i need to do here?

Hey kid, want a REALLY GOOD BOOK?
Reaction score
So, as I restarted my game, I needed to delete my old game sync ID and get a new one. When I submitted my removal request, It said it would be taken care of during the next scheduled maintenance. How long do I need to wait? I want to start using QR code teams and entering competitions ASAP. Thanks!

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
So, as I restarted my game, I needed to delete my old game sync ID and get a new one. When I submitted my removal request, It said it would be taken care of during the next scheduled maintenance. How long do I need to wait? I want to start using QR code teams and entering competitions ASAP. Thanks!
I believe that the scheduled maintenance are always at mondays.

We Rise from the Ashes to Begin Again
Reaction score
The shinies will have the OT of the game they were generated in, so your brother will be their OT, no matter where you send them to.
If what you mean is that you use your brother's game to hatch the shiny Pokemon, then trade them to yourself, whether or not you consider them to be your own Pokemon is really up to you. If you think they have to come from your own game for it to count, then that's your decision.

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
Hold on a second, isn't there also the matter of the original OT partially determining whether or not a hatched Pokémon is shiny or not?

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
Hold on a second, isn't there also the matter of the original OT partially determining whether or not a hatched Pokémon is shiny or not?
On the earlier generations, if you traded an egg that would/wouldn't be shiny to someone else, it may have the chance to not/do hatch shiny.
Now, however, that isn't a problem.
And if the pokemon is ALREADY out of the egg, then there isn't the chance of not becoming shiny when traded.

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
And if the pokemon is ALREADY out of the egg, then there isn't the chance of not becoming shiny when traded.
Well, I mean, that part is obvious. I just needed clarification on the part of where the Pokémon is hatched, that's all.

Now with a m̶e̶g̶a̶ Gigantamax
Reaction score
So, I've never taken part in an online competition before, but I did this time to get the mega stones. Have those been distributed yet? If so, where exactly do I go to get the code for it?

Beep Boop
Reaction score
So, I've never taken part in an online competition before, but I did this time to get the mega stones. Have those been distributed yet? If so, where exactly do I go to get the code for it?
I don't think they're distributed yet, as soon as they are Global Link will have an article about it in their News section with a link to the code.

Now with a m̶e̶g̶a̶ Gigantamax
Reaction score
I don't think they're distributed yet, as soon as they are Global Link will have an article about it in their News section with a link to the code.
I thought that might be the case, I just wasn't sure and I didn't want to miss out. Thanks a bunch!

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
I transferred 6 of my competitive Pokemon from generation 6 to generation 7 and all of them have pokerus from when I was EV training them. After I battle Dexio on the way to the battle tree, I went to the Pokemon center and forgot that if any Pokemon with pokerus gets healed, it won't be able to pass down pokerus anymore, I didn't realize it until it was too late and nurse Joy healed the Pokemon. While heading towards the battle tree, I was battling a npc and when I go to switch the Pokemon, I noticed that they can still pass down Pokerus. How did my Pokemon still have pokerus and are still able to pass them down even though I healed them at the Pokemon center?

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
I transferred 6 of my competitive Pokemon from generation 6 to generation 7 and all of them have pokerus from when I was EV training them. After I battle Dexio on the way to the battle tree, I went to the Pokemon center and forgot that if any Pokemon with pokerus gets healed, it won't be able to pass down pokerus anymore, I didn't realize it until it was too late and nurse Joy healed the Pokemon. While heading towards the battle tree, I was battling a npc and when I go to switch the Pokemon, I noticed that they can still pass down Pokerus. How did my Pokemon still have pokerus and are still able to pass them down even though I healed them at the Pokemon center?
Everytime the clock hits midnight, there is a chance for the Pokérus to heal, it's not by Pokémon Center. Plus, they may be cured of Pokérus, still. On the switch pokémon menu, they will show the whole Pokérus status, even if they are healed. You may want to check the pokémon outside of battle. If they only have a purple face on the place of Pokérus, that means they are healed.

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
I have all three Regis on my team, Regice is nicknamed Regiice, holding Ice Rock, this is 3 pm and the Island Cave is still closed in where I could catch a Regigigas. What am I missing?

Beep Boop
Reaction score
I have all three Regis on my team, Regice is nicknamed Regiice, holding Ice Rock, this is 3 pm and the Island Cave is still closed in where I could catch a Regigigas. What am I missing?
Did you catch all the Regis in this game? Cause it only works if you catch them in the actual game, it doesn't work with traded ones.