• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • NO

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
Oh OK, thx. I was wondering why my Mareanie breeding was 50% but trying to get my Moon Ball from Salandit onto Cubone wasn't working at all. Didn't know there was an article on it on Bulbapedia either.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
How to use the bottle cap? I put it onto my Swampert that I competitively bred and trains like two years ago and she's missing her sp defense IVs and the bottle cap did nothing but get held.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
How to use the bottle cap? I put it onto my Swampert that I competitively bred and trains like two years ago and she's missing her sp defense IVs and the bottle cap did nothing but get held.
You need to go to Mr. Hyper in the Hau'oli City shopping mall, in this shop:

He'll train your Pokémon for you in exchange for the Bottle Cap.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
You need to go to Mr. Hyper in the Hau'oli City shopping mall, in this shop:

He'll train your Pokémon for you in exchange for the Bottle Cap.
@Kirby4ever Please remember, they need to be lvl 100 in order to get hyper trained.
Oh yeah I forgot about Mr. Hyper. My Swampert is already at level 100, so that's done.

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
Let's say I have a HA kanto vulpix, If I breed it in alola will it result in a HA Alolan vulpix? has anyone tested this?

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
Let's say I have a HA kanto vulpix, If I breed it in alola will it result in a HA Alolan vulpix? has anyone tested this?
As far as I remember (which may not be saying much since it's been a long time since I last played), to breed a Pokémon with a regional variant that came from an older game to have its offspring be its original form rather than an Alola Form, you need to have it holding the Everstone.

In other words, if I have it correctly, just breed as usual (taking care that your Everstone is not on the female/non-Ditto parent) and you should be able to breed HAs off that Vulpix into Alola Form offspring.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
According to Bulbapedia:
In Alola, when breeding Pokémon whose offspring has a regional variant, the offspring's form depends on its parents. If either parent is the species' normal form and holds an Everstone, and if the offspring is in the same family as that parent, then the offspring will hatch as the normal form. In all other cases, the offspring will always hatch in its Alola Form.
So what TouyaShiro above me said is correct, to get the Alolan form the female/non-Ditto parent should not hold an Everstone.

god of the Longbow!
Reaction score
However, I do not see anything one way or the other that confirms about HA part. Soooooo, looks like you can definitively tell us what happens. Can't wait for your updates!

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
However, I do not see anything one way or the other that confirms about HA part. Soooooo, looks like you can definitively tell us what happens. Can't wait for your updates!
I just tested it and it DOES work.
I bred a Kanto Ninetales with Drought with a Ditto -no Everstones- and they resulted in a Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
I just tested it and it DOES work.
I bred a Kanto Ninetales with Drought with a Ditto -no Everstones- and they resulted in a Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning.
Thanks for testing this out, I'll defiantly be breeding my Kanto HA Vulpix when I transfer it into Pokemon Sun. ;)

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
I'm dead curious on a thing that I just can't find the answer anywhere: What is the quiz music that plays at the Lumiose city gym? It's a ticking music, which I really like, but for some reason, it seems inexistent on Youtube, at the very least.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
I'm dead curious on a thing that I just can't find the answer anywhere: What is the quiz music that plays at the Lumiose city gym? It's a ticking music, which I really like, but for some reason, it seems inexistent on Youtube, at the very least.
Do you mean this?

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
Nope, that's just the "ARE YOU RIGHT?" music. What I've been wanting is the music that plays when you are choosing the answer.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Nope, that's just the "ARE YOU RIGHT?" music. What I've been wanting is the music that plays when you are choosing the answer.
Ah right I get what you mean now. I've been through the whole OST though and it doesn't seem to be there indeed. Weird for an OST that includes every little sound...

Generation 1 Poke-Dex
Reaction score
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In ruby, my shiftry leveled to 49 but did not learn leaf storm? is there any way to make it learn it? i play it on visual boy advance so going back to my last saved file as level 48 shouldn't be a problem.
Try check Bubapedia, but click the right generation symbols to see it's learn set.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Try check Bubapedia, but click the right generation symbols to see it's learn set.
I assume you just forgot to click on the last page, but you don't have to answer questions from 2011, let's just stick to the recent ones :p

Space rock
Reaction score
I participated in the most recent global mission and hatched 3 eggs, which was the amount necessary for getting the Love Ball and Rare Candies. However, the Global Link says that my game is ineligible for receiving the gift. I was able to get all the previous gifts with no issues, so I have no idea why that happened. Does anyone know what it might be and how I may be able to fix this?

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
Did you connect to the Festival Plaza and Game Synced after hatching the eggs? If not, then the PGL didn't receive the information of you hatching the eggs.