• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Just out of curiosity, is there any conceivable way (without hacking) that I can gain access to Unity Tower in the Gen 5 games if I have never gone there before? I know there is no functional point to doing this anymore, but it is no secret that a have a feverish love for Unova, and it's the one place in the region that I have never visited, which feels just a tiny bit shameful on my end. :p
Without hacking? Nope, sorry.
The GTS was shut down on the 20th of May 2014. You can still go in there in an older save file if you've done an international trade before that date, but files created after that date can't unlock it.

Question: Is it possible to trade from Colloseum/XD into a GBA game is you have a Wii? Or do you need a GameCube?

You can, if you have the cables for that.
I really like that of Nintendo. They make the older generation of games still compatible with the more recent one.

You can, if you have the cables for that.
I really like that of Nintendo. They make the older generation of games still compatible with the more recent one.
Awesome! Now I just need to figure out which cables I need... And get a not-broken GBA...

Just out of curiosity, is there any conceivable way (without hacking) that I can gain access to Unity Tower in the Gen 5 games if I have never gone there before? I know there is no functional point to doing this anymore, but it is no secret that a have a feverish love for Unova, and it's the one place in the region that I have never visited, which feels just a tiny bit shameful on my end. :p
DNS swap in the internet settings enabling use of a private server, but I dunno if that method allows foe international trades.

Well, some years ago, when Pokémon Dream World shut down, I was offered an option to register on the new website which would be some kind of successor of Dream World for the "new" games X and Y, so I could convert my points from Dream World to points on that website. I registered my account from both games Black and Black 2 (I don't remember if Dream World required two different accounts, one for each game, I reckon it didn't), but I didn't have Pokémon X or Y yet, so I didn't register any of the games on my account(s).

Now I have Pokémon XYORAS, Sun and Moon and want to know what to do because I completely forgot my login from Dream World.

1. That so-called successor of Dream World still exists?
2. What is its name/website?
3. What to do to get into it with the same account I used to access Dream World?

Thank you.

Well, some years ago, when Pokémon Dream World shut down, I was offered an option to register on the new website which would be some kind of successor of Dream World for the "new" games X and Y, so I could convert my points from Dream World to points on that website. I registered my account from both games Black and Black 2 (I don't remember if Dream World required two different accounts, one for each game, I reckon it didn't), but I didn't have Pokémon X or Y yet, so I didn't register any of the games on my account(s).

Now I have Pokémon XYORAS, Sun and Moon and want to know what to do because I completely forgot my login from Dream World.

1. That so-called successor of Dream World still exists?
2. What is its name/website?
3. What to do to get into it with the same account I used to access Dream World?

Thank you.
Basically its this. Dream World shut down, was replaced by PGL entirely. The Gen 6 servers and iteration of PGL has been shut down since the beginning of the year, beimg entirely replaced by the Gen 7 iteration of it. I am not entirely sure on what the details are but I know this. Dream World points at a certain time were being converted into Poke Miles, and I do not know if that is still the case. At any rate your PGL account that your copy of B2 is registered on remains the same, and you can register XYORAS, however any Poke Miles or DW Points from the registered games may not carry over to your gen 7 account. Another thing, whatever points you have on your Gen 5 PGL account are the points you are stuck with as all communication services for the DS have been shut down, including the game sync.
Basically just log in, see what it tells you about gen 5, register gen 6 and 7 games and check your Pokemiles. Its the best you can do at this point.
Completely forgot, PGL this gen is purely a platform for ranked battles and online play, gen 6 had the pokemiles and item buying.

Last edited:
Basically its this. Dream World shut down, was replaced by PGL entirely. The Gen 6 servers and iteration of PGL has been shut down since the beginning of the year, beimg entirely replaced by the Gen 7 iteration of it. I am not entirely sure on what the details are but I know this. Dream World points at a certain time were being converted into Poke Miles, and I do not know if that is still the case. At any rate your PGL account that your copy of B2 is registered on remains the same, and you can register XYORAS, however any Poke Miles or DW Points from the registered games may not carry over to your gen 7 account. Another thing, whatever points you have on your Gen 5 PGL account are the points you are stuck with as all communication services for the DS have been shut down, including the game sync.
Basically just log in, see what it tells you about gen 5, register gen 6 and 7 games and check your Pokemiles. Its the best you can do at this point.
Completely forgot, PGL this gen is purely a platform for ranked battles and online play, gen 6 had the pokemiles and item buying.
Thanks. Is there any way to know if my account had my Pokémon Black and Black 2 registered in the past? 'Cause I'm not sure how many accounts on pokemon.com I have.

When you log in it will ask about your registered games. Actually logged into mine after a while yp check things out for you, and I complete misremembered things, way too used to it pre gen 7. Only games you cab register now are SM, sorry.

When you log in it will ask about your registered games. Actually logged into mine after a while yp check things out for you, and I complete misremembered things, way too used to it pre gen 7. Only games you cab register now are SM, sorry.
Thank you again. I'll try to check my stuff.

Question I have, regarding most generations, actually.
I know that after you let loose a legendary to roam around, having a Synchronizer on the party will do nothing at all. However, will a Synchronizer affect when you let it loose, when it's personality value is generated?
I ask this because I had a Bold Synchronizer when I let my Cresselia on Diamond loose, and when I caught it, it was actually Bold. So, did I get insanely lucky with a 4% chance of the nature I want to actually be on her, or was it only 50%, because the Synchronizer actually works when letting loose the Pokémon?
I'm gonna test it anyway, but just to be on the safe side, y' know.
Tested it: Out of 6 Latias, none came Timid. Oh, the sadness, the shiny Latias I'mma hunt may not be the most optimal nature. I'm saaaad...

Last edited:
My Nintendo DS Lite is not working so well, so I'd like to play my Gen 4 and 5 Pokémon games (Platinum, HeartGold, Black and Black 2) using my 3DS.

However, I know there's something about losing a lot of important features on Pokémon games that has something to do with the clock when you use them on an other DS or change the time of the clock, for example. My questions are:

1. What will I lose?

2. Is it permanent or temporary?

My Nintendo DS Lite is not working so well, so I'd like to play my Gen 4 and 5 Pokémon games (Platinum, HeartGold, Black and Black 2) using my 3DS.

However, I know there's something about losing a lot of important features on Pokémon games that has something to do with the clock when you use them on an other DS or change the time of the clock, for example. My questions are:

1. What will I lose?

2. Is it permanent or temporary?
If you change the time/system, you will be locked out of time-dependent events for 48 hours iirc. Might be less. Basically, you just miss a few days of daily berry handouts and such. Nothing permanent

If you change the time/system, you will be locked out of time-dependent events for 48 hours iirc. Might be less. Basically, you just miss a few days of daily berry handouts and such. Nothing permanent
Really? Simple like that? I could swear that I would lose features like growing berries, seasons or visitors/stores on Join Avenue. I thought it was the kind of stuff that could only be fixed and recovered by starting a new game and rebuilding my stuff from the beginning.

Thank you. I reckon it would be safe using both systems to transfer pokémon between games without having my games messed up.

Really? Simple like that? I could swear that I would lose features like growing berries, seasons or visitors/stores on Join Avenue. I thought it was the kind of stuff that could only be fixed and recovered by starting a new game and rebuilding my stuff from the beginning.

Thank you. I reckon it would be safe using both systems to transfer pokémon between games without having my games messed up.
I was on mobile at the time, but the Join Avenue page actually says so Join Avenue - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
  • Like other in-game features depending on a Nintendo DS/3DS clock, Join Avenue will be interrupted for one full day plus the time it takes to reach midnight that night if any changes are made to the date or time settings of the Nintendo DS/3DS system in use (including those caused by changing to another Nintendo DS/3DS system).

I was on mobile at the time, but the Join Avenue page actually says so Join Avenue - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
  • Like other in-game features depending on a Nintendo DS/3DS clock, Join Avenue will be interrupted for one full day plus the time it takes to reach midnight that night if any changes are made to the date or time settings of the Nintendo DS/3DS system in use (including those caused by changing to another Nintendo DS/3DS system).
But it will be back to the normal after that, right?

Do Pokémon Sun & Moon still have the Super Training feature?
It does not, unfortunately. With that being said, I think this game has its own EV training methods which could speed up the process... Unfortunately, I forget how it all works.

Well, there are other ways to EV train in Gen 7, it's just not via a minigame.

-Poke Pelago, in Isle Evelup. At max level you get 4 EVs per each 30 minute session, up to 99 sessions. However, you only need 63 to get to 252 EVs, and this can be speed up with Poke Beans. Goes twice as fast. There was a glitch that made it so the sessions finish instantly by changing the 3DS clock, but it's been patched. This is a slow way of EV training, but this is meant to be passive so you can do other things like... life. If you've got nothing better to do, there are other options.

-SOS Battles, where EVs are doubled with every ally called. With the right EV item equipped, you can max out EVs after 7 allies KO'd.

-Festival Plaza, with 5-star Thump-Bump Park (Moon), Clink-Clunk Land (Sun) and Stomp-Stomp House (5-star variant in Moon only), doing the 7-star course will max all stats just like that. Also, the Battle Table, which give the desired stat 10 EVs. These are daily purchases, and requires some setup, but these sound rewarding.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom