• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Black and white on 3DS......is there a problem coming?

And just a note, the Bulbapedia forums are for questions related to the wiki itself, not for game questions. I've moved your thread over to the Pokémon Video Games forum (not that it matters too much, since if I'm not mistaken, bluesun just answered the question).

Re: Black and white on 3DS......is there a problem coming?

FYI, to transfer the linking, go to Wi-Fi settings on your DS/i/3ds in game, and there will be a transfer wifi config, this keeps your FCs intact.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I think People just do it to commemorate catching a shiny.

Some people tend to prefer different balls for certain things based on looks so this seems to be it. Personally I go with luxury balls which I am pretty sure are also the same catch rate as a pokeball.

Icirris City, to the stone collector in the Poke Mart.

I would also recommend selling all normal nuggets to him while you are there. As well as pearls and stardust (keep the star pieces, you can get PP ups for them in Annville on weekends). Basically anything that seems like a rock. There's a list somewhere on Bulbapedia but the site isn't loading for me right now. Anyway, he pays double what the pokemart pays for anything he accepts.

There's also a girl on Route 5 that does the same for all food items.

What is better, a lucky egg or exp share?

Lucky Egg Z331

Should I migrate my Pokemon to Black/White? Or not?

Lucky Egg Z331

Should I migrate my Pokemon to Black/White? Or not?
It depends. Would you be using them for battling or just to fill out the Pokedex. If they're for battling, be absolutely sure you do not want them in your Gen. IV games. If it's for the Pokedex, I recommend you make an egg of the Pokemon, and then transferring it, so you'll have it across all your games.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Say, those symbols that represent each attribute associated with the Battle Frontier facilities in Pokemon Emerald... Does anyone know where those are derived from?

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Say, those symbols that represent each attribute associated with the Battle Frontier facilities in Pokemon Emerald... Does anyone know where those are derived from?
They appear to resemble stylised views of each facility, probably most obvious resemblance being the Battle Pyramid and Brave Symbols.

What is a good grass pokemon and what is a good ice/water pokemon?

I'm looking to replace my Togetic and Feraligator with some better Pokemon. I need a grass pokemon on my team so I can do better against water types and I would like an ice pokemon so i can do better against dragon types. The ice pokemon needs to be one that is capable of learning surf and waterfall. What would you recommend?

All of my pokemon are around level 32-ish. I'm about to face the last gym leader in the Johto region on HeartGold.

Re: What is a good grass pokemon and what is a good ice/water pokemon?

Questions like this are best kept in the Simple Questions thread.

As per your question, I personally prefer Vileplume or Bellossom as Grass-types; both are pretty solid, especially if you still have a Sunny Day TM. (You'll definitely appreciate Chlorophyll doubling Speed.) For Water/Ice? Lapras, definitely. You can find one deep in Union Cave every Friday.

I replayed my platinum and i just got my national dex but the freaking E4 are still pre-nationaldex? Do i have to do something else to get the second round? Because they are no fun when your overleveled by 20 D:

I replayed my platinum and i just got my national dex but the freaking E4 are still pre-nationaldex? Do i have to do something else to get the second round? Because they are no fun when your overleveled by 20 D:

Try completing the Magma stone plot thingy, then try again.

Breeding Query from Noob

What's up with this?

Pichu's page doesn't say anything about Grass Knot and Iron Tail being able to be bred into it.

Badass Pichu.jpg

Re: Breeding Query from Noob

What's up with this?

Pichu's page doesn't say anything about Grass Knot and Iron Tail being able to be bred into it.

If it can be taught to the species with a TM and the father knows it, it will have those moves. So that's pretty normal in gen four as everything there besides volt tackle is a TM in those games.

Halp!

I tucked my Pokemon in Dream World yesterday around 3pm and exited at 4pm selecting "Exit DW and wake up" option". But I didn't actually try waking it up until today and it's been on the "The Pokemon is being woken up...Don't turn off the power" screen for 30 minutes. The Global Link website says that it is still ready to be woken up, but it's not doing anything, suggestions?:sweatlol:

EDIT: The wireless function is on and functioning as well, and when I try to enter the Dream World, it says that "No Pokemon is dreaming" and to use the Gane Sync to tuck in a Pokemon, should I turn the game off or what???

EDIT: Problem solved, I disabled wifi, reset game and it worked, crisis averted.

Last edited:

i have a mamoswine that i have been training to be uses competitive battles, but i don't know what move to teach it?

this is current set:

Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Ice Shard/Ice Fang
?????

I you can't tell it has perfect IVs and EVs in attack

i have a mamoswine that i have been training to be uses competitive battles, but i don't know what move to teach it?

this is current set:

Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Ice Shard/Ice Fang
?????

If it's for doubles or triples, use Protect. Otherwise, if you're using a Generation IV game, I'd go for Superpower (PtHGSS move tutor); if it's Generation V, probably Take Down.

this is current set:

Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Ice Shard/Ice Fang
?????

This is a generic moveset for Mamoswine, but it still works pretty nicely.

473.gif

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
OR - Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom