• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hello! Does anyone know if you can eventually adopt the Vulpix that you're asked to visit from time to time on route 8?

Wait, you can get a Surfing Pikachu there?
It turns out I got it mixed up with the M20 cap Pikachu available there. The Surfing Pikachu is in Heahea City and you need to beat the high scores of all four Mantine Surf courses to receive it.

Any tips for Mantine Surf? I'm hot garbage at it right now.

What exactly is it you have problems with? If it's picking up speed then the only tip I can give is to start with short left and right movements and then make them longer each time. The mistake I made was going up and down the whole wave all the time and that doesn't work at all ^^;

What exactly is it you have problems with? If it's picking up speed then the only tip I can give is to start with short left and right movements and then make them longer each time. The mistake I made was going up and down the whole wave all the time and that doesn't work at all ^^;
I have to go the whole wave or it doesn't give me the speed for some reason.

Any tips for Mantine Surf? I'm hot garbage at it right now.
I believe if you do a mix of four moves you can do the magikarp splash. I'm not sure how I managed it but I got a heck load of points for it one time. And if you get enough air you can generally pull off two moves before landing. Just be careful you're not moving the stick when you're close to landing. I've wiped out a few times accidentally doing that in anticipation for moving it on the wave.

Figured I'd ask before I picked up a copy, does the Mantine Surf minigame rely on the circle pad a lot? Mine is pretty close to busted.

Also, does Malamar's Topsy-Turvy affect Totem Pokemon stat increases, or does it just fail?

I believe if you do a mix of four moves you can do the magikarp splash. I'm not sure how I managed it but I got a heck load of points for it one time. And if you get enough air you can generally pull off two moves before landing. Just be careful you're not moving the stick when you're close to landing. I've wiped out a few times accidentally doing that in anticipation for moving it on the wave.
If you ask to a guy, he will explain about Magikarp Splash. If you fail to do any of the moves (I'd imagine it means: getting most of the directions correct, and then a wrong one, I guess) then you will do the Splash. The catch with the move is that if you do it only once during the whole wave, you get more points.

So I finished Hala's Trial and am ready for Akala. But before I continue the story, I want to do as much as I can on Melemele-wrapping up loose ends and all that.

Aside from getting a Flyinium Z and catching Pokemon, is there anything else notable to do before heading to Akala?

So I finished Hala's Trial and am ready for Akala. But before I continue the story, I want to do as much as I can on Melemele-wrapping up loose ends and all that.

Aside from getting a Flyinium Z and catching Pokemon, is there anything else notable to do before heading to Akala?

There is a TM in the Totem's den in Verdant Cavern and another along the cliffs of Route 3 that require Tauros Charge to access. Generally, I just made sure I smashed every dang rock pile I could with Tauros.

Anyone knows where it is possible to find the striped thigh-high socks that the girl in the Battle Agency artwork (a.k.a. my profile pic)? I've looked at every shop, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Have I stumbled on a piece of clothing that was cut from the final game?
And yeah, I'm recreating her on the main game. Most of her stuff is from the clothing shop from Malie City, if anyone's curious.

Anyone knows where it is possible to find the striped thigh-high socks that the girl in the Battle Agency artwork (a.k.a. my profile pic)? I've looked at every shop, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Have I stumbled on a piece of clothing that was cut from the final game?
And yeah, I'm recreating her on the main game. Most of her stuff is from the clothing shop from Malie City, if anyone's curious.
have you checked the flea market in Malie? elsewise i'd imagine they're not in the game if you've already checked the mall the as well.

There is a TM in the Totem's den in Verdant Cavern and another along the cliffs of Route 3 that require Tauros Charge to access. Generally, I just made sure I smashed every dang rock pile I could with Tauros.
Thanks. I figured that just might be it, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any additional sidequests or such.

In SuMo you could get them in the Heahea City Boutique, though only in Moon. I'm gonna assume they're exclusive to Ultra Moon this time around too :/

In SuMo you could get them in the Heahea City Boutique, though only in Moon. I'm gonna assume they're exclusive to Ultra Moon this time around too :/
OOOOOHHHHH NNNOOOOOO FFFFFFFFF OFF
GAMEFREAK WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

(The F OFF wasn't for you specifically, it's to GameFreak. Just to clarify and avoid problems)

My DS has a viable internet connection, but whenever I use the code to receive a Mystery Gift via Internet I connect, but am stuck waiting as it 'searches'. I waited 10 minutes and no change. If I use the 'redeem code' feature I am stuck on the 'Connecting' screen with no way to exit short of forcing the DS to completely shut down.

Anyone else having such issues?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom