• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I'm pretty sure you can get more boxes. Try putting one Pokemon on the bottom right spot of all seven boxes, then exit out of the PC and some more boxes should pop up.

You only need one Pokémon in each box, it doesn't matter what spot they are in.

is friendship with pokemon a factor in black/white? i wasnt sure how to do this, as in gen 4 i just walked a lot with pokemon to achieve it
is there an eevee in this game?
what of the pokemon starters from the previous generations? i know oak gave one and steven (gen 4 games) did but they are not found in this game

is friendship with pokemon a factor in black/white? i wasnt sure how to do this, as in gen 4 i just walked a lot with pokemon to achieve it
is there an eevee in this game?
what of the pokemon starters from the previous generations? i know oak gave one and steven (gen 4 games) did but they are not found in this game

To answer these in order:
1) Yes, friendship is still part of these games. Some Mons, like Swadloon, can only evolve via friendship, so it is still a requirement in some cases. And the plot tends to point out the PC's friendship with both the rivals and his/her Mons. So, yes, friendship is still part of the equation in Gen V, and is often a plot-point.
2) No and yes. There are no Eevees in BW (or at least main game), but you can find them in the main playthrough of B2W2. But you won't be getting Glaceon or Leafeon any time soon in B2W2, as both of those areas where their respective rocks are located (Twist Mountain and Pinwheel Forest, respectively) are closed off during the main game, only opening up post-game.
3) You don't get any starters from past gens in Gen V. You have to transfer them over from Gen IV, but only in post-game.

Hope this helps.

Was it possible to get a Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, or Arceus in the Gen 5 games with a properly capitalized name (i.e. "Mew" instead of "MEW")? Legitimately I mean.

Was it possible to get a Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, or Arceus in the Gen 5 games with a properly capitalized name (i.e. "Mew" instead of "MEW")? Legitimately I mean.
Just Arceus! Jirachi had some Gen 5 distributions, but they were all in other languages.

You can check this information on their Bulbapedia articles! The Game Locations section includes past events!

Thanks Cynthia! just a couple more questions come up for the same game
Who do i trade my shards with? i remember i used to get berries for them before, which changed depending on which shard i gave them
And i have a big nugget, but apparently it has to be sold to one very specific person who is described as a "maniac" it is a sure mystery as to who it is

Thanks Cynthia! just a couple more questions come up for the same game
Who do i trade my shards with? i remember i used to get berries for them before, which changed depending on which shard i gave them
And i have a big nugget, but apparently it has to be sold to one very specific person who is described as a "maniac" it is a sure mystery as to who it is

If you're talking about BW, then you trade both Shards AND the Big Nugget at Icarus City's Pokemon Center, with the gentleman near the counter. He's an item maniac, so he'll give you double the money for what you can sell them for at regular Marts (and in the Big Nugget's case, the only place where you can sell it is to him). If this is B2W2, then you trade the Shards for Move Tutor moves, though unlike Platinum, only one color is needed per move, as each Tutor only accepts one color (but, obviously, you'll need multiples to get higher-powered moves). The Big Nugget's selling location is the same as BW, however, Icarus City is also cut off until post-game.

Hope that helps.

In Moon, I beat Lusimine and that whole encounter.

But I still can't access the mountain for the Victory Road. What did I miss?

Last edited:
POKEMON CRYSTAL: I've been using gameshark codes and the clock cheat and have even put the EGG (igglybuff, cleffa, etc) in the PC. So I'm wondering if I may have broken the egg forever. Does using repels effect hatching? I've rode the bicycle for at least 3000 steps clean, and the stats message still hasn't changed. Is it beyond repair?

I have a question regarding Gen 7 in general. I've never played Sun/Moon or their second versions, but I read that Gen 7's experience gain formula once again takes into account the difference between the Pokemon's levels. What exactly does that mean, and which other games used this formula?

he is in that house (the nice house..) where the family challenge me for a battle and more of them turn up each day until everyone is present

i cant do the poke transfer because i never manage to catch all 6 of the pokemon in the mini game so it doesnt let me have them. Any tips on that one?

I need help with the breeding process in Gen2: I'm trying to get a Male Smeargle (for passing Moves...) but I KEEP getting female! Girls are popping everytime I mate any of my Smeargles... Is there a way to control what's born?

After not playing Ultra Moon for several months, I finally finished catching every Ultra Warp Ride legendary except for the ones that require trading between versions to get. And after catching the last one (for now), I saw text reading "The presence that exuded its overwhelming power seems to have disappeared". Is that Game Freak telling us not to waste anymore of our lives on that minigame since they're no more legendaries available aside from trading?

Hello everybody. So I've been recently playing a classic Gold Version cartridge I bought back in 2013 on my Game Boy Pocket and I've been flipping between training a Poliwrath or using my Lapras for the Elite Four. I just caught a Poliwag, but at the time of capture all I had was Lure Balls and one Heavy Ball (so sue me, I spent all my money on vitamins to evolve my Eevee).

I honestly, do not want to wait for days on end just to get a call from the Fisherman who gives you Water Stones, so I figured I'd just evolve it into Poliwhirl and then trade it into Gen 1, buy a Water Stone at the Celadon Department Store and then evolve it in game and trade it back.

The problem being...I know there are restrictions on the Time Capsule like moves and held items. The question is, if I captured Poliwag in one of Kurt's custom made Pokeballs will that prevent the Poliwhirl from being traded into the game as well. I have a GBP, GBC and old friend pawned off to me and a link cable...I just need to make sure I can still do the trade.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom