• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Monster Collector
Reaction score
Pokemon trading through WiFi used to be free, I read somewhere that now you have to pay Nintendo a monthly fee, is this true??

Reaction score
Pokemon trading through WiFi used to be free, I read somewhere that now you have to pay Nintendo a monthly fee, is this true??
Yep. You have to pay if you want to trade or battle via internet in Let's Go. It's unconfirmed if the same will happen with the 2019 game, but prepare for the worst.

Reaction score
I have a question, can you reset/add their evs? I know you can in past games, but not sure if it applies to lets go pikachu or lets go eevee games.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.
Can confirm, it works in the actual games. I pulled it off in my last run of Red on the 3DS.

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
As you can now swap out Pokemon into and out of the PC box at any time does this function still heal them?

Similarly can you switch Pokemon inbetween the Elite 4 matches, ie fight Agatha with a different team to the one you fought Bruno with?

Stuck
Reaction score
As you can now swap out Pokemon into and out of the PC box at any time does this function still heal them?

Similarly can you switch Pokemon inbetween the Elite 4 matches, ie fight Agatha with a different team to the one you fought Bruno with?
1. It doesn't heal them anymore.

2. Yes.

Zerry said:
I have a question, can you reset/add their evs? I know you can in past games, but not sure if it applies to lets go pikachu or lets go eevee games.
No, and there isn't much of a point as there is no cap on AVs (the new EVs) and the only way to raise them is via candies. You can, however, reset them to 0 just for online battles.

Reaction score
why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
those would fit in perfectly.

Reaction score
why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
I don't think that's how it works. If that was the only motive to re-type Pokémon, Fairy would be way more common than it already is.

Dieter
Reaction score
It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing

Reaction score
I don't think that's how it works. If that was the only motive to re-type Pokémon, Fairy would be way more common than it already is.
It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing
I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.

Reaction score
I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.
As someone that doesn't play competitive, I hope they don't change Pressure. It may suck in competitive, but in the main game, it's one of the most annoying abilities.

Dieter
Reaction score
or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir

Reaction score
or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir
I think that there is still potential in it like in others.
Like in Frosslas and Slowking.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
What are the best HM users for early game in Heart Gold?

I’ve reached the point where I get rock smash and my team currently only had Quilava and Hoothoot.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
What are the best HM users for early game in Heart Gold?

I’ve reached the point where I get rock smash and my team currently only had Quilava and Hoothoot.
Furret is a very good HM user. It can learn Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength. Raising up a Sentret is a bit of a pain, especially with the level curve issue, but once it evolves, it becomes a good HM user.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Furret is a very good HM user. It can learn Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength. Raising up a Sentret is a bit of a pain, especially with the level curve issue, but once it evolves, it becomes a good HM user.
Thanks! Furret is probably the one I'm using since I find its design more appealing compared to conventional HM users and the internet recommends geodude for Rock Smash, which I'm not a fan of.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a quick question to ask. In regards to both Gens IV and V, if you had one Mon hold a Lucky Egg and another hold an EXP Share, would the Mon holding the EXP Share also gain extra EXP via the Lucky Egg holder? Or will it only gain half of the original amount? Just wanted to know, as both gens had some grinding issues, so I wanted to know if that match-up will make grinding easier or not. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
(Pops in even though I haven't been active since like...2013. LOL.)

I have a question about the Ditto Glitch. I've been trying to use it to complete the Pokedex in Yellow (3DS virtual console), but for some reason it hasn't been working for Weedle. Weedle's index number is 112, so the corresponding special stat should've worked. However, I've tried both a Venusaur and a Blastoise with these stats and on both occasions their special was raised to 113 sometime between the battle with Ditto and the glitch encounter. So it gave me a Kakuna instead. At first I thought I didn't pay attention and used an extra calcium when I didn't need to, but when I tried with Blastoise I made sure it was 112. It still gave me Kakuna.

I've been using the PC save/move a strength boulder method to complete the glitch. Would that have anything to do with it? I haven't had this problem with any other Pokemon. I used the same method to catch Flareon and Jolteon with the same Blastoise at a lower level, for instance.

I apologize if I've overlooked it somewhere in the article. Help is much appreciated! ;)

Update: The glitch worked after I beat the league, when I used a Charizard that hit 112 special naturally. But I swear I'm not making this up. The same thing happened twice with two different Pokemon. Unless my eyes were tricking me, that Blastoise was at 112. I don't know what happened.

Last edited: