• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Do you even zap?
Reaction score
Do N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer work the same way with Necrozma as the DNA Splicers do with Kyurem? As in, retaining the host Pokémon's level, Nature, IVs, EVs, Poké Ball, and held item, and working so that only one fusion Pokémon can exist at a time?

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
Do N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer work the same way with Necrozma as the DNA Splicers do with Kyurem? As in, retaining the host Pokémon's level, Nature, IVs, EVs, Poké Ball, and held item, and working so that only one fusion Pokémon can exist at a time?
Yes, it works exactly like it does with Kyurem, with Necrozma's information being used for the fusion. However, unlike with Kyurem, you can have one Dusk Mane Necrozma and one Dawn Wings Necrozma at the same time (assuming you have two Necrozma, one Solgaleo, and one Lunala), since the fusions rely on separate key items.

Do you even zap?
Reaction score
However, unlike with Kyurem, you can have one Dusk Mane Necrozma and one Dawn Wings Necrozma at the same time (assuming you have two Necrozma, one Solgaleo, and one Lunala), since the fusions rely on separate key items.
Assumed as much. Thanks!

Reaction score
who.png
Who the heck is this? Spriter's Resource has a sheet for her in the DP section, but I don't remember her anywhere, and I can't find her on the Bulba archives, either. Is this just a generic NPC sprite, or am I forgetting someone?

Team Mud
Reaction score
Is Internet service shutting down for gens 6 and 7? I know the global link thing is shutting down this month, but I thought that was separate from things like the GTS or WonderTrade.

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Is Internet service shutting down for gens 6 and 7? I know the global link thing is shutting down this month, but I thought that was separate from things like the GTS or WonderTrade.
Online features that don't use Pokemon Game Link, like battles and trades, will continue to function.

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Just for clarification, the GTS and WonderTrade will continue to function, correct?
Players will still be able to individually trade and battle other trainers. Global trading will still be around, too, but you won't be able to track your stats or trading history anymore.

Reaction score
what are the 10 weakest type combinations in all 8 generations?(used alredy or unused ones)
and how is it determined?
with 4x weakness, 2x weakness or low amount of resistences?
Bc the google data is fishy.

Join the BlueLions!
Reaction score
I remember discussing on Smogon that the reason GF stopped doing cross evolutions is because people apparently ‘hated ‘ the new cross Gen evolutions in Diamond and Pearl. Does anyone know anything more on this?

Reaction score
what are the 10 weakest type combinations in all 8 generations?(used alredy or unused ones)
and how is it determined?
with 4x weakness, 2x weakness or low amount of resistences?
Bc the google data is fishy.
Going with the "Simple Answers" theme, the weakest combos are those which combine very weak defensive typings (Like Grass, Ice, and Rock) together. This maximizes number of weaknesses and potential for 4x weaknesses. Ice / Rock has 4 resistances, 4 types which are super effective (2x) against it, and 2 types that are super effective (4x) against it. It's probably the weakest type. Grass / Ice, Grass / Rock are probably the next weakest, and then you go from there.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Grass / Ice, Grass / Rock are probably the next weakest, and then you go from there.
Not quite. While, yes, Grass/Ice does have 7 weaknesses (which is shared with Grass/Psychic), Grass/Rock only has 4 (Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Ice), and none of them are 4x weakness. It's actually acknowledge in Lileep's trivia (at least last I checked) as it's the only line that has the Grass and Rock combo, considering both types have the most weaknesses normally. So, really, Grass/Psychic would be weaker than Grass/Rock in terms of total possible weaknesses. Even Grass/Dark and Grass/Fighting also have more weaknesses than Grass/Rock. So, while Grass and Rock have the most weaknesses on their own, together they actually have less weaknesses with none being 4x.

Reaction score
Not quite. While, yes, Grass/Ice does have 7 weaknesses (which is shared with Grass/Psychic), Grass/Rock only has 4 (Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Ice), and none of them are 4x weakness. It's actually acknowledge in Lileep's trivia (at least last I checked) as it's the only line that has the Grass and Rock combo, considering both types have the most weaknesses normally. So, really, Grass/Psychic would be weaker than Grass/Rock in terms of total possible weaknesses. Even Grass/Dark and Grass/Fighting also have more weaknesses than Grass/Rock. So, while Grass and Rock have the most weaknesses on their own, together they actually have less weaknesses with none being 4x.
Certainly this is true, and definitely worth pointing out. My apologies. Grass / Rock, with 4 weaknesses and 2 resistances, is actually better off than just straight Ice type. Maxing out at 7 weaknesses you have Grass / Ice, Grass / Dark, Grass / Psychic, Rock / Dark. Rock / Fighting, and Rock / Psychic. Ice / Rock has 6 but with dual 4x weaknesses and again is probably the weakest in terms of actual defenses, Ice / Psychic has 6, Ice / Dark has 6 with a 4x, Ice / Fighting has 6, and so forth.

The general principle holds true, just combine the weakest defensive types (Grass, Ice, Rock) with other weak defensive typings and you'll have a great starting point. Fighting is pretty poor defensively, but the 3 worst types for fighting defensively are Fighting / Rock, Fighting / Grass, and Fighting / Ice, so using that as an example, the pattern holds true. I'm quite confident that, assuming you count a 4x weakness as being equivalent in severity to having an extra 2x weakness, and assuming you think it's worse to have more weaknesses and more resistances or even immunities (assuming equal numbers, in my eyes each weakness needs at least 2 resistances or immunities to make up for it) then I can say with reasonable certainty that for any given typing, the worst defensive dual typing it is going to have will be with one of those 3 (grass, rock, or ice).

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
The general principle holds true, just combine the weakest defensive types (Grass, Ice, Rock) with other weak defensive typings and you'll have a great starting point. Fighting is pretty poor defensively, but the 3 worst types for fighting defensively are Fighting / Rock, Fighting / Grass, and Fighting / Ice, so using that as an example, the pattern holds true. I'm quite confident that, assuming you count a 4x weakness as being equivalent in severity to having an extra 2x weakness, and assuming you think it's worse to have more weaknesses and more resistances or even immunities (assuming equal numbers, in my eyes each weakness needs at least 2 resistances or immunities to make up for it) then I can say with reasonable certainty that for any given typing, the worst defensive dual typing it is going to have will be with one of those 3 (grass, rock, or ice).
I'm not actually disagreeing with you, mind. I wholeheartedly agree that anything that has Rock, Grass, or Ice tacked onto it is just asking for a hurting (especially my beloved Ice-type) in the weakness department. Was just pointing out that Grass and Rock together is actually decent, which you acknowledged in your response. But, generally, I do agree that anything else with either of those three types (except very, very select combos) is going to be on the receiving end of a lot of weaknesses with near minimal resistances/immunities, as those three suck defensively.