• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Unfortunately, there is no National Pokédex in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon. There’s only the regional Pokédex, and any Pokémon not in that will not have a Pokédex entry.

Seriously? That seems really odd to me. But then I guess it's less work to fill the Pokedex (if I can ever convince myself to do that).

One of my favourite things about Diamond, Pearl and Platinum is that you can get a "seen" entry for every Pokémon in the regional Pokédex. It's a fun challenge you can complete on your own without trading, and there's a reward for it too. I was delighted to discover that the "seen" Pokédex can also be completed in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee; these games don't aknowledge the achievement in any way but it still feels satisfying.

Are there any other games where this is possible, or are DPPt and Let's Go the only ones? It seems that in most games there's always couple of version exclusives or trade evolutions that aren't used by any trainer.

I think DPPt and the Let's Go games are the only ones you can do that. For example, there are no trainers in RSE that use Vibrava, in GSC there are no trainers with Smeargle IIRC, and there are no trainers with Binacle in XY.

I think DPPt and the Let's Go games are the only ones you can do that. For example, there are no trainers in RSE that use Vibrava, in GSC there are no trainers with Smeargle IIRC, and there are no trainers with Binacle in XY.

Smeargle and Binacle wouldn't be a problem because you can still see them by encountering them in the wild, but yes, the only way to register a Vibrava in RSE would be to evolve a Trapinch. Owning a Pokémon also registers it as seen though, so if the goal were simply to get your seen count to maximum by any means possible besides trading, then Vibrava wouldn't be a problem either.

The games you mentioned do all contain Pokémon that can't be seen or obtained without trading, through. For example, in GSC there's no way to register Politoed, Slowking, Scizor and Porygon2, as far as I can remember.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure whether you can literally see every Pokémon in Let's Go, or whether some have to be evolved. Either way, it's possible to get the seen count to 150 without trading, which I thought was pretty neat.

Is there a reason why I keep getting the same fixed Bulbasaur through breeding in XY? I'm trying to breed an HA, but not only am I not getting the HA, but I'm getting the same stats, nature, and characteristic. I saved before I gave the parents to the Day Care and keep resetting to that point every time, so its attributes shouldn't be fixed, but I've tried this about 4 or 5 times and I still get the same results. Here's the parents and the child I keep getting:

Species: Venusaur
Level: 34
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Stats: 105/66/71/68/80/75
OT: Mine
Held Item: None

Species: Ditto
Level: 52
Ability: Impostor
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Stats: 128/71/57/71/77/58
Held Item: Quick Powder

Species: Bulbasaur
Level: 1
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Stats: 12/6/6/6/6/4
Held Item: None

This is baffling me to no end. Is it the Quick Powder? Are XY's eggs all fixed before you even breed them? Why do I keep getting the exact same Bulbasaur every time?

In HGSS, if you have multiple copies of the M13 Celebi, can you do the Giovanni battle multiple times (1 for each Celebi)?

Also, for the World Champions Pokemon that were distributed for DPPt (i.e. shiny Milotic, Lucario, Weavile, Crobat), are they all EV/IV trained and capable of doing the Battle Frontier?

Hey, I wanted to ask if the Shiny Charm also affects fossil Pokémon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but you don't find an exact statement on bulbapedia/serebii/... The only clue I get is that it affects Pokémon in the wild and if they are bred, so that means Gift Pokémon and fossile Pokémon are excluded? I'm softresetting for one in BW2 where I got the Shiny Charm in one game, that's why I'm curious.

Hey, I wanted to ask if the Shiny Charm also affects fossil Pokémon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but you don't find an exact statement on bulbapedia/serebii/... The only clue I get is that it affects Pokémon in the wild and if they are bred, so that means Gift Pokémon and fossile Pokémon are excluded? I'm softresetting for one in BW2 where I got the Shiny Charm in one game, that's why I'm curious.
I believe the Shiny Charm is a blanket rate increase for everything, including gift Pokémon, but I could be wrong.

Why was Shedinja never classified as the Perfect Dual Wall taking its ability into account????

Why was Shedinja never classified as the Perfect Dual Wall taking its ability into account????
To add onto what swiftgallade said, because it also it dies instantly to any entry hazard, damaging weather/status, or Fire/Flying/Rock/Ghost/Dark move as well as its lack of support and offense capabilities. You're not really a perfect wall if you're defeated instantly by some of the most common stuff in the game.

To add onto what swiftgallade said, because it also it dies instantly to any entry hazard, damaging weather/status, or Fire/Flying/Rock/Ghost/Dark move as well as its lack of support and offense capabilities. You're not really a perfect wall if you're defeated instantly by some of the most common stuff in the game.
Doesn't help that those types are pretty common from what I remember, making Shedinja even less useful.

do you think they could buff its ability?

technically it worries about sandstorm and stealthrocks the most,

because spikes , toxic spikes, that steel entry hazard and hail should type wise not even work against Wonder Guard taking their typings are neutral to it.

Wonder guard should be immune to contact from those moves...
but I'm not sure about toxic maybe only toxic from a poison type should work here
.... but spikes, hail shouldnt affect it rather.
or rise it's hp or give it a mega?
taking that we have not fairies and don't need to fear wonder tomb like in the past...

Interesting why they didnt create more abilities similar or oposite to Wonder Guard or are they holding them back for later generations?

"common stuff" if you use heavy duty boots or safety googles it can somehow carry on but its a waste of a item althoug....
"common stuff" is its realy so common why didnt they give it more hp and better stats taking how everything change in the last past 5 generations?

Probably because no “perfect wall” can have 1HP.

Shuckle 20 hp and people still complaine on it.
Weird it din't get U-turn or Camouflage to use better its potential.

Last edited:
I have a question about the ability Multiscale:

Does the ""Scale"" part of the ability really mean: Scales of a fish/reptile, or just Scale as in relative size?

I want to know, as I'm trying to theorycraft what Pokemon could potentially fit the description of gaining this nifty ability.

I hope it's alright if I inquire about this here as it's not quite a Pokemon related question.
So a couple weeks or so ago I ordered Pokemon Ultra Sun and have been soft resetting for a shiny Litten.
A few minutes ago I had my 3DS sitting on my laptop table and it was knocked off.

It gave me the 'game card popped out' error and I had to reset the game and when I did I noticed this strange chalky black line at the bottom left corner of the screen.

3DS Line.PNG

Now, this is not even remotely the first time the 3DS has been dropped. Unfortunately, this happened a few times back when I was soft resetting for a shiny Rowlet in Moon but this is the first this strange line has appeared.
The device itself is at least 6 years old. I received it for my birthday when X and Y came out along with X.

The game is still working fine but I'd still like to know if this is something that should concern me?

I hope it's alright if I inquire about this here as it's not quite a Pokemon related question.
So a couple weeks or so ago I ordered Pokemon Ultra Sun and have been soft resetting for a shiny Litten.
A few minutes ago I had my 3DS sitting on my laptop table and it was knocked off.

It gave me the 'game card popped out' error and I had to reset the game and when I did I noticed this strange chalky black line at the bottom left corner of the screen.

View attachment 135213

Now, this is not even remotely the first time the 3DS has been dropped. Unfortunately, this happened a few times back when I was soft resetting for a shiny Rowlet in Moon but this is the first this strange line has appeared.
The device itself is at least 6 years old. I received it for my birthday when X and Y came out along with X.

The game is still working fine but I'd still like to know if this is something that should concern me?
Have you tried other games to see if it's the 3DS itself?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom