• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but I am trying to register for the Pokemon Trainers Club Newsletter because that is how Zarude is being distributed here in Australia, and I am having trouble. I verified my age (28/12/1984) and location (Australia), but it goes back to the verify age page and the country says "United States". Can anyone help me with this issue or is other people experiencing this problem?

Thank you.

Random question but is it true that someone asked one of the directors for bw if N’s mom was a Gardevoir?

And they said they could neither confirm nor deny?

Last edited by a moderator:
83ce948166a598c00b08fb558b07f224.gif

Was it ever settled whether Juinichi Masuda said that N is rumored to come from Pokemon, or that N believes he does? Which translation is better?

Got a quick question about a certain move. Can Heal Bell be used outside of battle to heal status ailments? Or is it only usable during battle? I'd look it up but the adds are getting horrendous, making it nigh-impossible to navigate the wiki effectively. Thanks in advance.

Random question but is it true that someone asked one of the directors for bw if N’s mom was a Gardevoir?

And they said they could neither confirm nor deny?
This sounds like something out of a cringy fan fiction, so I'm going to assume no.
Got a quick question about a certain move. Can Heal Bell be used outside of battle to heal status ailments? Or is it only usable during battle? I'd look it up but the adds are getting horrendous, making it nigh-impossible to navigate the wiki effectively. Thanks in advance.
Bulbapedia makes no mention of outside of battle effects, so I'm going to assume that it can only be used in battle.
1606695325956.png

Do we ever see Team Skull hurt Pokemon?
I know they steal and just cause general trouble, but do we ever see them hurting Pokemon? I don't recall, yet it's said that the Aether Foundation takes in hurt Pokemon because of Team Skull. Was that a lie?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we ever see Team Skull hurt Pokemon?
I know they steal and just cause general trouble, but do we ever see them hurting Pokemon? I don't recall, yet it's said that the Aether Foundation takes in hurt Pokemon because of Team Skull. Was that a lie?
We don't see that, but we also don't see any other team do that (except Plasma and Flare), so we'll have to take their word for it.

I wonder why Gladion was kind of sad when those grunts told him he'll never be a true Skull Member. If Gladion loves Pokemon so dearly and was only apart of the team to get stronger, why was he saddened by their comments? Did he just not feel like he belongs anywhere, even among misfits?

(Gen 5) What’s the name of the theme that plays in the lighthouse in Liberty Garden? Is there a YouTube video that plays the theme?

Let's say that whether a move was considered Physical or Special based on Type like in Gens 1-3, was still a thing even now. Would Fairy be considered Physical or Special?

Let's say that whether a move was considered Physical or Special based on Type like in Gens 1-3, was still a thing even now. Would Fairy be considered Physical or Special?

Most likely Special. While the moves that changed type into Fairy were Normal, they were status moves (ie: Charm), and most Fairy moves are Special anyway, with very few Physical variants such as Play Rough and Spirit Break. Considering that most Fairy Mons are more-or-less Special oriented (Gardevior, Sylveon, Mr. Mime, Hatterene, etc), Special would be the more likely outcome if the Physical/Special split never happened. Plus, Fairy can be considered "magical", and magic is a special energy like psychokinesis for Psychic Mons, so I'd be willing to bet if the split never happened, GF would use that mentality to associate Fairy with Special. Now, granted, GF's "mentality" isn't always sound, such as making Dark Special instead of Physical, which would counter Psychic Mons better, I'd still be willing to bet that Fairy would most likely end up as a Special type.

So I’ve had a problem with a few online battles. I play doubles and I use a Pikachu that has Lightning Rod as an ability. If I’m correct it’s supposed to draw in all electric attacks on the field and raise Pikachu’s special attack. But occasionally I find that my partner Pokemon is getting hit with electric attacks despite Pikwchu being on the field. Is there an ability or an attack that nullifies Lighting Rod or should I be extra suspicious given that both times this happened the opponent had a whole team full of shinies? (Which always makes me suspicious.)

So I’ve had a problem with a few online battles. I play doubles and I use a Pikachu that has Lightning Rod as an ability. If I’m correct it’s supposed to draw in all electric attacks on the field and raise Pikachu’s special attack. But occasionally I find that my partner Pokemon is getting hit with electric attacks despite Pikwchu being on the field. Is there an ability or an attack that nullifies Lighting Rod or should I be extra suspicious given that both times this happened the opponent had a whole team full of shinies? (Which always makes me suspicious.)

It won't draw in spread moves like Discharge, as that hits all targets regardless of abilities like Lightning Rod. Unless the move in question is naturally a single-target move like Thunderbolt or Charge Beam, then your ally Mon will get hit regardless of Lightning Rod. In terms of abilities, ones like Mold Breaker, Turboblaze, and Terravolt will also negate Lightning Rod, however you'll get a prompt when the Mon with one of those abilities appears on the field like Excadrill, thus you'll know if the Mon can ignore Lightning Rod. So, in short, unless your opponent has an ability like Mold Breaker or you're dealing with spread moves like Discharge, Lightning Rod won't work in either case. Hope this helps.

If the opponent is a Duraludon, it could have the ability Stalwart which ignores abilities that cause redirect.

Guys if I’m gonna play further Pokémon video games and if all my Pokémon die in battle with none remaining, will I get a game over screen if lose a battle and don’t have any Pokémon left to continue to battle? My thought is that I may end up at the Pokémon Center if I game over in a battle...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom