• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Most likely Special. While the moves that changed type into Fairy were Normal, they were status moves (ie: Charm), and most Fairy moves are Special anyway, with very few Physical variants such as Play Rough and Spirit Break. Considering that most Fairy Mons are more-or-less Special oriented (Gardevior, Sylveon, Mr. Mime, Hatterene, etc), Special would be the more likely outcome if the Physical/Special split never happened. Plus, Fairy can be considered "magical", and magic is a special energy like psychokinesis for Psychic Mons, so I'd be willing to bet if the split never happened, GF would use that mentality to associate Fairy with Special. Now, granted, GF's "mentality" isn't always sound, such as making Dark Special instead of Physical, which would counter Psychic Mons better, I'd still be willing to bet that Fairy would most likely end up as a Special type.
That helped a ton. Thanks!

Can the Gen1 Mew Glitch be successfully performed more than once per save file? (I want to go through the normal steps to get Mew via this glitch, but after that could I do it again to obtain other mons without starting a new game?)

Last edited:
Can the Gen1 Mew Glitch be successfully performed more than once per save file? (I want to go through the normal steps to get Mew via this glitch, but after that could I do it again to obtain other mons without starting a new game?)

Yes, this deppends with which trainer you use the glitch if you use it with the route 25 trainer with the Slowpoke you will obtain Mew. However if you use it with another trainer you could obtain another Pokemon like Gengar, Alakazam, Venusaur. However some times you may encounter a trainer battle who uses glitched Pokémon and sometimes you may encounter Missigno itself. So you have to be very careful.

that calculates damage? Is the move itself does exactly 40 damage which then adds onto whatever calculations from your special attack stat, minusing it off your target's special defence, to get the total damage dealt together with the attack? Just need some clarification with the description: Dragon Rage (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

A) You have a high enough special attack that you should be able to win in one shot, you attack a pokemon with Dragon Rage which does 40 points of damage and the target pokemon happens to have 41HP left, it now has 1 HP left after that attack.
B) You have a high enough special attack that you should be able to win in one shot, you attack the same pokemon with the same Dragon Rage attack does 40 damage except some mathematical shenanigans happens in the background and that 41HP pokemon is now dead instead of alive, presumably not having a high enough special defence to keep the same 1 HP and other complexities which shall not be discussed here as I believe there's an actual formula and not just: attack move power + special attack or attack stat - target special defence or defence stat = HP loss assuming the attack hits of course....

So is it A or B?

I think it might be A. The B route seems like unnecessary computations considering the move deals set damage—there’s no reason to factor in stats and mathematical formulas when presumably you can just code in “always deals 40 damage.”

Here's a simple yet extremely niche question I have about Ultra Sun since I'm trying to catalogue all of the game's little sub-events.

Has anyone here ever been playing the game, and traveled to Exeggutor Island, and upon doing so, activated a cutscene in which you find the Exeggutor sunbathing or moonbathing (depending on the time of day)?

I am not referring to the scene that can play after you've beaten Hapu's grand trial, where, by traveling up to the flute's pedestal, you can trigger a rehash of the "waiting for the rain to pass with Lillie" cutscene from SM, except this time it's with the chief of the Seafolk. I've documented that one already.

I ask because I was using the text files as a reference point for these sub-events and happened upon a string of text I didn't recognize:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text File : 702
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, look! The Exeggutor are sunbathing! Soaking up plenty of the sun’s rays like that is how their necks grow so long!
Ah, see that? The Exeggutor are moonbathing! They love the warmth of the sunlight so much that they try to soak up any light, no matter how weak.
You’re a lucky one for getting to see such a special sight!

The only corroborating evidence I've found of this sub-event is a small, archived thread from /vp/, but even by setting my 3DS's clock to the time of the OP's post, I didn't trigger the event (I also tried setting the clock to midday hours, since the OP of the thread was playing Ultra Moon and claims to have gotten the moonbathing scene - so since I'm playing Ultra Sun, perhaps I should get the sunbathing scene - but that also yielded no result). In that thread, the OP says that the scene triggered as soon as they fly to Exeggutor Island, but again, I did not activate any scene, whether by flying there or by taking the boat from Seafolk Village.

My only guesses at this point are that it's either something that requires you to have become the Champion or defeated Rainbow Rocket (which I haven't accomplished just yet), or that it's got a random chance of activating every time you travel to Exeggutor Island (kind of like this other mechanic in Paniola Town, where sometimes the map will load with a special character who will buy common items at a high price).

so i was trying to get dive from mossdeep gym but when i beat it all i got was a tm for a psychic type move and tentacruel cant learn dive by itself so i wanted to ask how am i supposed to get dive's hm now if i cant get it from mossdeep gym

I believe you can get HM Dive at Steven's House in Mossdeep City. It's the one in the far upper left I believe.
1609280714759.png
I don't think you get any HMs in a gm considering the leaders give a TM based on their typing.

Edit:
This is very important. Is the title of your game Ruby or Omega Ruby? If it’s Ruby, follow my advice. If it’s Omega Ruby, follow @CynthiaLover’s advice below my post.

I don’t think you can encounter Groudon anymore. You get one shot to fight/catch it unless you didn’t save after the battle. Then you can turn off the game (without saving beforehand) and return to your previous save, giving you another chance. Just note that depending on how far back you saved prior to encountering Groudon, you could loss significant progress upon returning to the game.

Last edited:
This is in OmegaRuby I assume. If memory serves, he'll respawn after you beat the E4/Champion. So, you're going to have to beat Steven and his E4 goons before Groudon will respawn again. Hope that helps.
They made another thread asking for help in Ruby, so I’m assuming they’re playing the original. Unfortunately, OP, in games prior to Platinum, i.e. Ruby, this won’t work.

They made another thread asking for help in Ruby, so I’m assuming they’re playing the original. Unfortunately, OP, in games prior to Platinum, i.e. Ruby, this won’t work.

True. But he mentioned the Red Orb, which can only be used on Groudon in OmegaRuby, as otherwise it'd be the Blue Orb for the original Ruby. So, that's why I'm assuming he means OmegaRuby, as the Red Orb is the orb-of-choice for Groudon in the Hoenn remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom