• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

playing on my ds lite
Whoops. I accidentally deleted the post you replied to.

Then, yeah, unfortunately you’re out of luck unless you happened to have saved prior to Groudon and didn’t save afterwards, and are comfortable with shutting off the DS and restarting from that previous save.

dang it
ok then lose progress time
good thing i saved in the cave sometime before the groudon battle

dang it
ok then lose progress time
good thing i saved in the cave sometime before the groudon battle

Well, at least you're not losing a huge amount of progress, so it'll be fine. And at least you saved just before the battle, so that'll give you another chance to get Groudon. So, it works out in the end. Sorry my advice wasn't the right one but at least everything will turn out okay. Good luck.

groudon is really low but he instantly broke out of my ultra ball help im scared :(((

I have a challenge in mind for Let's go Pikachu. I want to use candy, but I don't want to end up breezing through the game. What should I do? One way I can think of is only use the candies for defense, Special defense, Speed and HP.

Is there a limit on how many Pokémon I catch in a game?
Yes, once you run out of storage space in your PC and party you won't be able to catch anymore Pokémon. Here's a table with a list of total Pokémon capacity (total box capacity + full party of six):
GamesTotal Capacity
Red/Blue/Yellow/Green246
Gold/Silver/Crystal286
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen426
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver546
Black/White/Black 2/White 2726
X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire936
Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon966
Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee1,006
Sword/Shield966

I need some help. I finally managed to complete the Hoenn PokeDex in Emerald and got the certificate from one of the game designer NPCs. I've been told this is how you get one Johto starter in Emerald, but when I show Professor Birch my completed PokeDex, the event to choose the Johto starter doesn't activate for some reason. I can't seem to unlock it, even with the completed PokeDex. Is there something else I need to do, or is this a defect in my Emerald game?

I need some help. I finally managed to complete the Hoenn PokeDex in Emerald and got the certificate from one of the game designer NPCs. I've been told this is how you get one Johto starter in Emerald, but when I show Professor Birch my completed PokeDex, the event to choose the Johto starter doesn't activate for some reason. I can't seem to unlock it, even with the completed PokeDex. Is there something else I need to do, or is this a defect in my Emerald game?
I think rather than going to him, you have to wait for him to call on your PokeNav first

All the videos I've watched about it don't mention anything about that. I've done everything as required, and the Johto starter event still won't activate.
Try calling him on the PokeNav. That’s the only answer I can think of. I’m going to doubt there is anything wrong with your copy of Emerald as this would have been a widely reported glitch.

Warning: very stupid question incoming

So I was wondering if there's a comprehensive guide for triggering each stage of the VS Seeker rematch battles in Diamond/Pearl for each trainer that upgrades their Pokemon. I'm aware that it has something to do with advancing the storyline, like collecting gym badges and finishing the Stark Mountain sidequest, among other things, but I was wondering where I can find a walkthrough that details what exactly to do (if one even exists). I've already read all relevant Bulbapedia articles and also tried searching here, but with no success. I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone is able to offer.

Thanks in advance :)

Quick question. Is the Sun/Moon special demo also compatible with USUM? As in can I transfer the Ash-Greninja and all the items to USUM? Or is it only compatible with Sun/Moon and I have to take the "long way" around when transferring the goodies to the game? Thanks in advance.

So in the Fight Area in DP, the rival (I’ll refer to him as Barry from here on) is normally available for battle on Saturday and Sunday. I’ve been doing that for a while without any issues, but after I defeated the Elite Four 20 times (which is when Barry’s Pokémon levels all increase by 10), I was able to battle Barry once, and then he stopped being available for battle suddenly. Does anyone know how I’m supposed to rematch Barry? I’m pretty sure Barry doesn’t cease being battle-able after his level increase (if that was the case, then Bulbapedia would mention it). Do I need to rematch the Elite Four for Barry to be battle-able again? Again, if this was the case, Bulbapedia doesn’t mention it.

Dear pokemon community,

I hope you guys can help me finding more info about this game/demo, for example
Where and how was it distributed?
What is the official name for this demo?
Is it a officially licenced pokemon game?

I tried to google the name that is on the disc itself but couldn't find any information on it what so ever

"Note" I do NOT own the game itself I only have a screenshot of it from years ago

Hope you guys can help
Screenshot_2020-05-09-16-56-39-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a quick question regarding another pre-release demo. Can the ORAS demo be reset like the SM one to clear all the data and be able to start it all over again? Or do I have to delete it from the 3DS itself and reinstall it in the EShop again? Thanks in advance.

Maybe you could erase the demo's save data?

Normally I would but after a certain, similar incident I had a while back where I accidentally crashed my 3DS and deleted all the data on my SD Card as a result because I tried resting a different game's demo (which has since been deleted because of the incident) I've become very cautious about stuff like this. That's why I want a definite answer if it can be reset or I have to delete/reinstall because I'm too nervous to test it myself after said incident. Especially since my 3DS hasn't been the same since then. So, yeah, I'm too nervous to test anything without proof if it can be done or not.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom