• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Goddess of Sadism
Reaction score
Urgent: Is it bad when your gameplay clock reaches 999:99?

Well is it? My clock sits at 970:36

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Re: Urgent: Is it bad when your gameplay clock reaches 999:99?

No, don't worry. Nothing bad will happen.

Also, please remember to use the Simple Questions thread for your game-related questions next time (I've merged your thread with it).

reappears in winter
Reaction score

Um, would that even be possible? There's only 60 minutes in an hour, so really couldn't you only get to 999:59?

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score

Nothing bad will happen but the clock will stop counting the amount of time played and will always be at 999:59.

Reaction score
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Will time still pass? I heard that in RSE once you get to that time you don't get berries growing, no new tides at Shoal Cave ect

Reaction score

How do you get to re-battle cheren? I remember him mentioning it but I've never done it, so what do you do to battle him or what ae the requirements?

The World won't fail.
Reaction score

How do you get to re-battle cheren? I remember him mentioning it but I've never done it, so what do you do to battle him or what ae the requirements?
I believe he's available after beating Elite Four as well as Bianca. He's at the final room of Victory Road,just access it from the Pokemon League and he should be there.

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score

Will time still pass? I heard that in RSE once you get to that time you don't get berries growing, no new tides at Shoal Cave ect
Time on the DS games is dictated by the system's date and time, so it should still work normally.

Reaction score

If you are talking about the internal battery in RSE if it runs out sorry time will not continue. Even when put into the ds because it isnt programmed to run off of the clock it only will run on the internal battery I have the same thing on my emerald.

Too Tired For This
Reaction score

I have a question: is it possible for the Voltorb Flip prize Pokemon to be shiny? I know I've SR'd for natures and genders, but I'd rather not waste a bunch of time trying for a shiny that won't appear.

Thanks!

Plasbad for short
Reaction score

After defeating Ghetsis, speak to Cheren on Route 5, and he'll then go to the last room of Victory Road for daily battles.

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score

If you are talking about the internal battery in RSE if it runs out sorry time will not continue. Even when put into the ds because it isnt programmed to run off of the clock it only will run on the internal battery I have the same thing on my emerald.
I believe they are talking about the game play time, not the internal battery. I have also heard that once the game play time reaches 999:59 that certain things won't work, though that depends on who you ask. Some say all time based things stop, some say only the capability to abuse it's broken RNG is rendered useless.

It makes me wonder, do "current" games that run on the ds have this issue too?

Reaction score

I have a question: is it possible for the Voltorb Flip prize Pokemon to be shiny? I know I've SR'd for natures and genders, but I'd rather not waste a bunch of time trying for a shiny that won't appear.

Thanks!
Yes,I believe they can be shiny. They have the same odds as any other Pokemon you Soft Reset.

Last edited:
Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Okay, I'm at Sootopolis City in Emerald, but the gym is closed. I can't figure out at all how to get my last gym battle. I've already been to Pacifidlog Town too. I'd like to train a bit more first before getting my eighth badge, but just so I know when I'm ready, how do I get in the gym? xP

I can't go to Evergrande City yet either, by the way. I need the Sootopolis gym badge (since my Seaking already knows Waterfall from level-up).

Reaction score

Did you go to the Sky Pillar and release Rayquaza to make Groudon and Kyogre stop battling? You wont be able to battle the Gym till you do that.

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score

Nope, I don't know where that is. xP

The World won't fail.
Reaction score

Sky pillar is on the northern part of rt.131. I don't remember the route well,but I know that the pillar itself is difficult to navigate and you have to switch to Mach bike at the bike shop.

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score

Ah, I see. And I believe the Mach Bike is the one I have, actually. So this works.