• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Are you using an emulator?
Yes because I wanted to use a Spiritomb and don't have an AR, but I doubt it's related to that. This Spiritomb is perfectly normal, and I got no Bad Eggs or anything. I looked it up and the only thing I found was an 11 year old thread on GameFAQs about the same topic (don't know if I'm allowed to link it). It's about another Pokéfan, who is also in the Lost Tower where it happened to me as well. Pokémon at full health, got put to sleep and Trainer used a Super Potion that somehow woke it up. Maybe it just happens in the Lost Tower, or with Pokéfans. I'll look for another Pokéfan outside the Lost Tower to see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: I battled the other two Pokéfans in the game. Rebekah in the Lost Tower also used a Super Potion that worked like a Full Heal, but Meredith in the Seven Stars Restaurant did not use a healing item at all. It's worth noting that Meredith's battle is a Double Battle.

Last edited:
Is Sprout Tower completely optional in Gen 2? People have claimed that Sprout Tower is needed to progress past Route 32 but I can confirm that’s not true. I’m asking mainly because of the rival scene that takes place at the top. I was wondering if that scene still takes place if Sprout Tower is delayed to as late as the post-game.

And yes, I know that it’s not optional in HGSS since Falkner cannot be battled until Sprout Tower is completed. But again, that’s not the case in GSC.

Is Sprout Tower completely optional in Gen 2? People have claimed that Sprout Tower is needed to progress past Route 32 but I can confirm that’s not true. I’m asking mainly because of the rival scene that takes place at the top. I was wondering if that scene still takes place if Sprout Tower is delayed to as late as the post-game.

And yes, I know that it’s not optional in HGSS since Falkner cannot be battled until Sprout Tower is completed. But again, that’s not the case in GSC.
I never noticed that. I always challenge Sprout Tower out of compulsion and needing to get an advantage over Falkner, but now I need to try this out.

Did you manage to get past the man on Route 32 (the one who gives you a Miracle Seed) without finishing the Sprout Tower quest? I always assumed that he would stop you. If he doesn't, and Sprout Tower can be skipped, then I expect the scene with your rival would still play out as normal when you eventually do visit.

I read somewhere that if you skip Burned Tower and come back later, your rival will still battle you with the same team, meaning his Pokemon can actually "devolve" and decrease in level. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this can only happen in Gold and Silver, because in Crystal and HGSS you have to visit Burned Tower before battling Morty.

Should I get BW, Platinum, XY, or Sapphire? I have a 3ds so I'm not sure if some of these will work with it. Thanks. I've played moon and ultra moon btw
Sapphire can't work with a 3DS, unless you're referring to the remake Alpha Sapphire which can work.

MIs there a known bug/glitch in the Battle Arena in Emerald where even if you lose a battle, your streak doesn’t end? I lost a seventh battle due to points, but it didn’t end my streak. I battled Greta’s gold symbol team two rounds later. Is there a glitch where this can happen, or am I just going crazy (which is possible, since I was playing on 10x speed).

Actually, come to think of it, it may have been a tie. But to my understanding, a tie is still a loss. The only exception is the Battle Dome, where there are tiebreaker mechanics.

So I understand that to get wish on an Eevee you'd have to breed wish onto a Pikachu (or some other pokemon that is in Eevees egg group and can get wish through breeding) with a Togetic and using a Male Pikachu w/ Wish you can then breed it with a Female Eevee for an Eevee w/ Wish, but can I still get Wish by breeding an Eevee w/ Wish alongside another Eevee? Or would I have to get it through the method I listed before?

So I understand that to get wish on an Eevee you'd have to breed wish onto a Pikachu (or some other pokemon that is in Eevees egg group and can get wish through breeding) with a Togetic and using a Male Pikachu w/ Wish you can then breed it with a Female Eevee for an Eevee w/ Wish, but can I still get Wish by breeding an Eevee w/ Wish alongside another Eevee? Or would I have to get it through the method I listed before?
In what game? Because in Sword and Shield it just has to have an open move slot and be left with another Pokémon in the Daycare that knows Wish (I’m not 100% sure if that other Pokémon needs to be in its Egg Group, though)

What double battles can be found in Pokémon Moon? I've heard you can't do rematches, but still - where are they all? Hopefully there's one I haven't found yet.

I can't remember which trainers around Alola challenge you to Double Battles off the top of my head, but you can take part in an unlimited number of Double Battles in the Battle Tree.

There's always been a frustratingly small amount of opportunities to try out the special battle modes in the Pokemon series. Sky Battles in X and Y are the worst - there's only fourteen Sky Trainers, and once you've defeated them all you can never do another Sky Battle again.

There's some scattered about, though I think they're more on the mid- and late-game side. You'll definitely run into a handful of Double Battles against Team Skull.

What double battles can be found in Pokémon Moon? I've heard you can't do rematches, but still - where are they all? Hopefully there's one I haven't found yet.
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but there's the Battle Tree in the postgame. You can do Single, Double, or Multi Battles.

Catching an Alomomola in Pokémon Moon: I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm in Totem's Den - it said so as I entered. I'm also pretty sure I'm fishing at the "bubbling spot". That's the place with rocks coming up right? Where you go close and an "A" pops up and you start fishing if you press "A"? I've been just getting Magikarps other than this one time I got a Wishiwashi. What's going wrong? I'm supposed to get a 20% chance. My source of information: Brooklet Hill - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Is it wrong do you think?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom