• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I remember reading somewhere that at some times randomly there is no train in Anville, and so no traders or something. It may be possible that's what happened. If so just see what happens next weekend, and look whether there's a train or not.

There might be a pattern with how the people come and go. I'm not sure I've never went to anville town.

When an egg is made in the daycare what is set in stone upon generation? In gen 4 gender, ability and nature were set with Ivs being generated upon recieving the egg, this allowed you to reset for good ivs. But recently I was breeding joltik and out came one who was timid, female and had compound eyes but the ivs weren't what i liked so i reset and pick up the same egg hoping for a stronger one. But this one came out with the same nature but was male and had unnerve. Did the egg mechanics change or something or is this a glitch cause I did this with scyther a while back and it was the same gender, same ability and same nature.

As far as I know, the same things are set upon receiving the egg. Two in a row of the same nature happens fairly often, three would start to show some sort of trend.

I just think the probabilities were just messing with you.

I tried it again and that Joltik egg must be cursed or nothing is set anymore since the hatchling is different everytime now. But its strange how it worked with Scyther and Ferroseed. But Scyther was weird since I was trying for an adamant male with technician and I'm trying for a timid female joltik with compound eyes both have the same chance of occuring at 1/8 chance but only Scyther made it through with its parameters consistently.

I remember reading somewhere that at some times randomly there is no train in Anville, and so no traders or something. It may be possible that's what happened. If so just see what happens next weekend, and look whether there's a train or not.

I can confirm that sometimes there is not a train as I've seen that happen. I haven't noticed the traders not being there though.

When an egg is made in the daycare what is set in stone upon generation? In gen 4 gender, ability and nature were set with Ivs being generated upon recieving the egg, this allowed you to reset for good ivs. But recently I was breeding joltik and out came one who was timid, female and had compound eyes but the ivs weren't what i liked so i reset and pick up the same egg hoping for a stronger one. But this one came out with the same nature but was male and had unnerve. Did the egg mechanics change or something or is this a glitch cause I did this with scyther a while back and it was the same gender, same ability and same nature.

I'm going to guess it's a glitch as this is the first time I've heard that happening. Try a few more times when breeding, maybe you can get a better answer to that.

I haven't tried manipulating the RNG yet though and I don't reset for IVs, I just get a lot of eggs... so I can't say for sure.

I tried it again and that Joltik egg must be cursed or nothing is set anymore since the hatchling is different everytime now. But its strange how it worked with Scyther and Ferroseed. But Scyther was weird since I was trying for an adamant male with technician and I'm trying for a timid female joltik with compound eyes both have the same chance of occuring at 1/8 chance but only Scyther made it through with its parameters consistently.

Ok that is really weird. Maybe try it with a different species and see what happens. D:

Will the masuda method still work for me?

Alright, so in HG, I got a Japan vuplix. But I evolved it into ninetales. I have since transferred it to Black, and have decided to breed for shiny. My question is, is my ninetales still considered a forgein pokemon by the game, so the masuda will work? Thanks
--darkened35

Re: Will the masuda method still work for me?

It originated in Japan (which I am assuming is not where your cartridge came from since you are asking this) so, yes. Evolution doesn't change the piece of data that tells you where it came from and neither does transferring or trading.

I'll try with my litwick since the chances and situation is similar (similar Ivs, nature and ability) but one thing i did differently is that with Scyther and Ferroseed it was often paired with ditto and Joltik is paired with another joltik. But are you sure nature, gender and ability are supposed to be set upon generation like the previous gens?

Re: Will the masuda method still work for me?

OK, thanks! I was just worried that evolving it (which changes the name to english) changes the hex data for location. Now I can rest easy :) Thanks again!
--darkened35

There might be a pattern with how the people come and go. I'm not sure I've never went to anville town.
So I'll just check the town again the weekend. Thanks! :)

I'll try with my litwick since the chances and situation is similar (similar Ivs, nature and ability) but one thing i did differently is that with Scyther and Ferroseed it was often paired with ditto and Joltik is paired with another joltik. But are you sure nature, gender and ability are supposed to be set upon generation like the previous gens?

I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

hmmm I think I should post this here. So A lot of people talk about gen III and how good it was and everything. I did play it a long time ago, I had sapphire. I hardly remember it though all I can remember wasz that I started with torchic, got a snorunt cuz he looked so cool and had caughty kyogre. I also have no idea where my old sapphire cartridge is. So my question is should I buy a gen II game? If so which? Or should I just wait around doing nothing until possibly a remake is announced? or should I just do nothing.

hmmm I think I should post this here. So A lot of people talk about gen III and how good it was and everything. I did play it a long time ago, I had sapphire. I hardly remember it though all I can remember wasz that I started with torchic, got a snorunt cuz he looked so cool and had caughty kyogre. I also have no idea where my old sapphire cartridge is. So my question is should I buy a gen II game? If so which? Or should I just wait around doing nothing until possibly a remake is announced? or should I just do nothing.

Go ahead and get either Gold or Crystal. Best thing I ever did, so it should be for you, too. Just don't give 'em away...

Go ahead and get either Gold or Crystal. Best thing I ever did, so it should be for you, too. Just don't give 'em away...

I had all 3 gen II games but now gold's battery is dead and I don't know where crystal is, but I was asking about the 3rd gen as it is the least I can remember anything about.

I had all 3 gen II games but now gold's battery is dead and I don't know where crystal is, but I was asking about the 3rd gen as it is the least I can remember anything about.

Erm, I thought you said Gen2.

In that case, go with either Firered/Leafgreen, or Emerald. I went with FR, but it's your choice. I just hear that Emerald's one of the better Gen3 games...

Emerald is the best Gen III game, but it's also expensive used. RS and FRLG are cheaper.

I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary.

I've found evidence now. I used my black to test variables and with no inherit items my tirtouga hatchling is different everytime. If things were set upon egg generation like they were in gen 4 the lack of everstone/power item should be irelevant. It seems like the past trials with Scyther and Ferroseed were just luck messing with me. Looks like gamefreak changed a few things.

What is the sleep clause and the other clauses mean?

What is the sleep clause and the other clauses mean?

Rules preventing certain things.

Sleep Clause means only one Pokémon can be put asleep at a time. Evasion Clause bans Minimize, Double Team, and all those other "increase evasion" moves. Species Clause prevents you from having two of the same Pokémon. Hax Clause bans all items that rely on luck. Item Clause prevents you from having two Pokémon with the same item. Uber Clause bans Uber tier Pokémon. Event Clause prevents you from using event Pokémon. etc.

I have a question about the Ability Unaware.
Say, if my Pokemon has this ability and uses Calm Mind, will it's Sp.Attack and Sp.Defence go up?
Or does this ability apply only in regards to the opponents stat changes?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom