• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can wild Shiny Pokemon be found in the Dream World areas? And if they are, how do you know their shininess?

From what I've heard, Pokemon found in the Dream World can never be shiny.

They can never be shiny, Dream World Pokemon are set to never be shiny. If you want a shiny Dream World Pokemon, you have to breed for a shiny baby with the Dream World ability using Masuda Method.

When you EV train and go over the 252 limit on a stat, what happens exactly?

I'm just wondering, but can Echoed Voices unique Power, to increase every turn it's used concevly, can that Power increase every turn even more with the Metronome?

That's not exactly what I was getting at. I read about "invisible," useless EVs that are gained when the 252 limit is reached. Once this happens, there are less EVs to go around to other stats. Is this true?

That's not exactly what I was getting at. I read about "invisible," useless EVs that are gained when the 252 limit is reached. Once this happens, there are less EVs to go around to other stats. Is this true?

[censored for epic reasons that only i shall know muahaha]

Or I'm completely wrong. This sounds like a job for @Miar @Joshawott @bluesun

Last edited:

It's because each stat's EV can go up to 255. Altogether, each Pokemon can have only 510 EVs at most.

However there's no bonus to having 255 EVs in a stat over having 252(since stats only increase for every four EVs).
So if you have 255 in one stat and 255 in another, that uses up all 510,
whereas if you have 252 and 252, you still have another 6 of, which you can use 4 of to raise another stat.
The extra three between 252 and 255 are the "invisible," useless EVs.

It's because each stat's EV can go up to 255. Altogether, each Pokemon can have only 510 EVs at most.

However there's no bonus to having 255 EVs in a stat over having 252(since stats only increase for every four EVs).
So if you have 255 in one stat and 255 in another, that uses up all 510,
whereas if you have 252 and 252, you still have another 6 of, which you can use 4 of to raise another stat.
The extra three between 252 and 255 are the "invisible," useless EVs.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for.

I'm just wondering, but can Echoed Voices unique Power, to increase every turn it's used concevly, can that Power increase every turn even more with the Metronome?

Yes. The Metronome works really well with moves like Echoed Voice and Fury Cutter for that reason.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Okay so in pokemon soul silver I'm in the process of trying to find all the gym leaders to get their numbers. I am trying to get lt. Surges at the power plant but I couldn't find him. I went between 9-12 (it was around 10) , pikachu was first in my list and I had already defeated zapdos. He still wasn't there! I am wondering if I was supposed to catch Zapdos or or does he appear at another time? Thanks.

The December Victini event was due to start today, am I right?

Masuda Method Help?

Hello.
I would like to ask about the Masuda Method.
So, about the Method...
Does the Method take effect when a male German Pidgeot (example) is bred with an female English Pidgeot (another example), as in, will the Pidgey's (from the Pidgeot) chance of being a shiny easier?
And if I were to breed a female Japanese Rampardos with an English Ditto, will the Method work?
And the last question...if I were to do the first question (breed a male German Pidgeot), but the female Pidgeot is replaced with a Ditto like the second question, will the Method work?
Thank you!

Last edited:

I was on there earlier and only the C Gear skin was advertised. I'll wait a while because the Croagunk one took a while to get to.

It's a Wi-Fi Mystery Gift, not a Global Link event.

Re: Masuda Method Help?

In the first example, the male Pidgeot is German and the female Pidgeot is English. The two pokemon are from different language games, so the Masuda Method will work.

In the second example, the Rampardos is Japanese and the Ditto is English. The two pokemon are from different language games, so the Masuda Method will work.

In the third example, the Pidgeot is German and the Ditto is English. The two pokemon are from different language games, so the Masuda Method will work.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Okay so in pokemon soul silver I'm in the process of trying to find all the gym leaders to get their numbers. I am trying to get lt. Surges at the power plant but I couldn't find him. I went between 9-12 (it was around 10) , pikachu was first in my list and I had already defeated zapdos. He still wasn't there! I am wondering if I was supposed to catch Zapdos or or does he appear at another time? Thanks.

I remember having this same exact problem. If i remember right, you Do need to catch him, and you can't just transfer. Here's a link that might help... Pok

"The eleventh gym leader, Lt. Surge, is missing from the gym most days between 9am and 12pm. He is found outside the Power Plant after you have captured Zapdos. Talk to him and he'll ask to see a Pikachu. Show him the Pikachu and he'll give you his number. Then, on Friday Morning, you can arrange a rematch" - Srebii.net HGSS Gym Leader - Rematch

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom