• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

How do I find how many points that I have in the Dream World? I normally get over 20000 points in every mini game and have four Berry rows but don't see an ongoing score tally.

When you log into your account, click on the Profile button, then you will see your dw points listed under the mini display of the current house you have out, in the second tab.

Hey all,

Im just wondering how I would get a DW poliwag so I can get a Drizzle Politoad.

If this question doesnt belong here then please tell me were it would go and ill post it there.

Cheers.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

In SS, do you have a better chance of a shiny, if you breed a pokemon and a shiny one?

Hey all,

If this question doesnt belong here then please tell me were it would go and ill post it there.

Cheers.

If you have any questions about the DW or anything related, feel free to drop a post in this thread. Many experienced and knowledgable players are quick to help :)

As far as your question goes, you can obtain Dw Poliwag and Poliwhirl from the Sparkling Sea area. To unlock the SS, you have to have all 8 gym badges in your game and at least 5,000 points in the dw.

I just went up to Mt Chimney on Emerald, and I saw a NPC walking down the mountain. Is this a mini Easter egg, or a glitch? I've never seen this before... If it helps, it happened during the Team Magma/Aqua battle.

I've seen that happen before, and I'm pretty sure it's just an Easter egg that has a small chance of happening. Even if it's a glitch, though, it doesn't affect the game in any way - it's just a surprise to see it.

If you have any questions about the DW or anything related, feel free to drop a post in this thread. Many experienced and knowledgable players are quick to help :)

As far as your question goes, you can obtain Dw Poliwag and Poliwhirl from the Sparkling Sea area. To unlock the SS, you have to have all 8 gym badges in your game and at least 5,000 points in the dw.
Surely Poliwag is found in Pleasant Forest after obtaining 10,000 Dream Points and Poliwhirl was only available in the Japanese Pokémon Café promotion?

oh... 36 geodude for nothing... *Moves on to MM*
Thanks anyway.

I just went up to Mt Chimney on Emerald, and I saw a NPC walking down the mountain. Is this a mini Easter egg, or a glitch? I've never seen this before... If it helps, it happened during the Team Magma/Aqua battle.

I've seen it to. I'm pretty sure it's an Easter Egg. Mine happened totally randomly when I was training fer the Battle Frontier.

Anyway...In Pokemon Ranger 2, is Regigigas, the "Mystery Shadow Pokemon," is it fast? Do you ever get to uncover what it looks like too?

Hey all,

Cheers.

A DW Poliwag can be found in the water spaces around Pleasant Forest, but only after obtaining 10,000 Dream World points.

So thats alot of dream points then...

Thanks all.

Question regarding EV's

Let's say I let my Litwick hold the Power Anklet and then I find a Basculin. I start out the battle with Litwick but instantly switch to another Pokemon and let that Pokemon faint the Basculin.

Litwick will still get 6 Speed EV's right?

Question regarding EV's

Let's say I let my Litwick hold the Power Anklet and then I find a Basculin. I start out the battle with Litwick but instantly switch to another Pokemon and let that Pokemon faint the Basculin.

Litwick will still get 6 Speed EV's right?

Yes, your Litwick will still get all the EVs from that battle, even if you switch it out before attacking.

I want to beat my friend and his six Darkrai. His moves on each Darkrai very, but he always starts off with Dark Void. He does not use moves like Agility, Subsitude, and Rest. He just uses pure attack moves. He does not know his types also, and loves moves like Giga Impact and X-Sicceor. Last but not least, the levels up his Pokemon with Rare Candies. Here are the two Pokemon I'll be using:
291.gif

Moves: Swords Dance, Harden or Sleep Talk, Subsitude, Baton Pass
Ability: Speed Boost
Item: ???
Nature: Jolly
IVs:31 Spd
EVs: 252 Spd, 126 Def, 126 Sp. Def

639.gif

Moves: Close Combat, ???, ???, ???
Ability: Justified
Item: Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Chesto Berry
IVs: 20+ Atk, 20+ Spd
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 ???

What do you suggest and add, and please awnser like, ASAP. I need to train these Pokemon like imediatly, 'cause I'm going to his house Friday.

Six Darkrai, huh? Well, that shouldn't be difficult to counter if you can start off well.

Terrakion(No idea how to put its image, sorry)
Moves: Close Combat ??? ??? ???
Ability: Justified
Item: Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Chesto Berry
IVs: 20+ Atk, 20+ Spd
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 ???
Okay, so you have a Terrakion...Close Combat allows you to hit Darkrai with excellent damage. You can also add X-Scissor and Sacred Sword if you don't like the Defense drop of Close Combat. For the last move, Swords Dance if you're running Life Orb/Chesto Berry, Stone Edge if you're running Choice Band/Scarf. But I highly recommend you use Chesto Berry mainly because of Dark Void.

Ninjask
Moves: Swords Dance, Harden or Sleep Talk, Subsitude, Baton Pass
Ability: Speed Boost
Item: ???
IVs:31 Spd
EVs: 252 Spd, 126 Def, 126 Sp. Def
It seems like your Ninjask is more of a support Pokemon. You will want Protect to block the first attack(which would be Dark Void) and get +1 on your Speed. You may want to run this as your lead with Chesto Berry so you can use Swords Dance once then pass it to a teammate giving the successor +2 on Attack and +1 on Speed. For the third move, there's X-Scissor which will deal a significant amount of damage on a Darkrai. The last move is up to you. You can use U-Turn to scout from a Dark Void or Bug Bite just to cripple Darkrai's Spec Attack.

And now for some members I'd advise you add:

Bisharp - Bulky Sweeper
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
EV: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed
Nature: Adamant / Brave
Moveset:
-> X-Scissor
-> Swords Dance
-> Scary Face / Low Sweep
-> Brick Break
Okay, let's start off as to why I advised this Pokemon. Now you may be thinking Bisharp is an odd choice since it's quite patethic, but take a look at its type combination. Dark/Steel gives you 25% on Dark damage so unless your enemy's Darkrai has Brick Break or Focus Blast, you're good. with the Ability. Inner Focus would be a better choice since as you mentioned, your adversary will not use any stat-altering moves and it is expected that the Darkrai will have Dark Pulse. Just to be 100% sure that you won't lose a turn due to hax, run Inner Focus. Now that small chance of flinching from Dark Pulse is voided. Now for the item. Life Orb allows you to fire off greater damage but has a recoil while Expert Belt's boost is less significant but boosts all attacking moves you'll be using since the movepool I created is meant to annilihate Darkrai.

Scrafty - Semi-Defensive bulky Sweeper
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Brave
Item: Shell Bell / Leftovers
EV: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Def
Moveset:
-> Drain Punch
-> Bulk Up
-> Substitute / Rest
-> Focus Punch / Counter
Scrafty, another slow Pokemon is definitely capable of destroying a bunch of Darkrai. Again, another Pokemon which only receives 25% of Darkrai's STAB moves. The EVs are simple. Maximize power and make use of its natural bulk. Shed Skin allows you to wake after a few turns. Moxie is also a great Ability but then it will be rendered useless since Darkrai will most likely just use Dark Void to make it sleep which is why Shed Skin is preferred. Use Leftovers if you're going to run a set with Rest so you can still recover even when asleep. Drain Punch allows you to recover a great deal of health(since its x2 damage, receives STAB, plus its nature is +Attack) and adds to the recovery Shell Bell provides. Bulk Up makes your attacks much more powerful which means more recovery from Drain Punch and Shell Bell. The last two moves are all up to you. SubPunch is okay since setting a Sub makes you immune to Dark Void until it's destroyed but by that point you'll be sending your Focus Punch on Darkrai. Rest allows you to recover back to full HP if the recovery from the Drain Punch + Shell Bell is insufficient while Counter is just a filler since I'm quite certain that Scrafty will always be last.

Lucario - Physical / Special Sweeper
Nature 1: Adamant / Jolly
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
Ability: Inner Focus / Steadfast
Moveset 1:
-> Close Combat
-> Swords Dance
-> ExtremeSpeed
-> Brick Break
Lucario is fast but is still quite vulnerable to Darkrai if it carries Focus Blast or Brick Break. But nonetheless, still a great counter for Darkrai. I recommended this Pokemon since it resists Darkrai's STAB moves. I don't think there's an explanation required as to why I suggested Life Orb. And for the moves, Close Combat is a reliable STAB move which will pretty much destroy any Darkrai since it's x2, STAB, and Life Orb boosted. Brick Break is just a support move if you don't like the defense drop. ExtremeSpeed allows Lucario to revenge kill or to deal damage before it faints.

Nature 2: Modest / Timid
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spec Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moveset 2:
-> Focus Blast
-> Nasty Plot
-> Vacuum Wave
-> Aura Sphere
This set is basically a Special-based version of the above set. Focus Blast being the superior STAB move, Nasty Plot as the +2 offensive stat boost, Vacuum Wave as the priority move for revenge killing, and Aura Sphere as the more reliable move than with less power.

Hrracross - Physical Sweeper
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Item: Life Orb / Lum Berry / Choice Scarf
Moveset:
-> Megahorn
-> Close Combat
-> Stone Edge
-> Bulk Up / Brick Break
Heracross is perhaps the best player of your team assuming Darkrai does not carry a Fighting move. It resists both Dark Pulse and Focus Blast which are Darkrai's best moves. Aside from that, its massive Attack is certain to deal a good amount of damage on your enemy. Megahorn and Close Combat are STAB moves. Stone Edge is just a reliable non-STAB move and Bulk up is to make Heracross a threat to a greater extent. Brick Break, like all all my other suggestion, is just for a reliable move which Heracross can decently use.

These are a few Pokemon to counter Darkrai. All of them receive only 25% of Darkrai's STAB moves with the exception of Heracross but Heracross does resist Focus Blast. Honestly, I don't think you should use all of my suggestions. You could use some but putting them all together would just make your team frail to Darkrai's superior movepool. Darkrai has access to a Fighting(Focus Blast), Dark(Dark Pulse), and Psychic(Psychic) move. The synergy between the three is incredibly amazing with near-perfect coverage. Not to mention the Dark Void and its insane Speed. You could also use Blissey and Volcarona if you like. Blissey can wear Darkrai down with its massive Sp Def and HP using the Toxic stall method. Volcarona resists Focus Blast, which is the main weakness of all my suggestions. Plus Volcarona also has decent Sp Def. Well, that's all I can help you with. I hope you find it useful. Good luck!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aside from a reply, I also have a question. I'm currently in N's Castle and I'm trying to get Zekrom to leave so I can later capture it in Dragonspiral Tower. I don't have any Poke Balls right now and I'm right in front of Zekrom. What should I do?

Last edited:

To answer your question about Zekrom, You need to have all your PC boxes and Party completely full, by all your PC boxes, I mean all 24 of them. Thats the only way you can sucessfully KO Zekrom and make the game continue without catching it because Zekrom is a required catch to continue the game at that point. Id you havent saved in front of Zekrom, reset the game and then go by Pokeballs.

The Mystery Gift Bulbapedia page says that Generation V games can contain a maximum of 3 Wonder Cards without needing a saved game. I now have two generation V versions and I'm thinking about selecting New Game on my newest one, White version, obtain the Wi-Fi connection Mystery Gift Movie Victini then trade it to the other, Black version, and repeating this process multiple times to get several Victini, am I able to do this? I saw people in Generation IV local events doing the same thing but starting a new game in Generation IV would delete the wonder cards. Would I need to delete the wonder card first?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom