• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I want a Grass type for my team. Should I get Sewaddle or Petilil? I'm in Pinwheel Forest at the moment.

I chose Sewaddle for it's cuteness (and I saw it SO many times I had too), then it evolved and became a huge part of my team. I never got around to training Petilil so you may want to wait for another opinion.
Choose Sewaddle for Leavanny :-D :-D

I want a Grass type for my team. Should I get Sewaddle or Petilil? I'm in Pinwheel Forest at the moment.

Sewaddle has awful typing and evolves into a somewhat mediocre Pokémon. Petilil gets Quiver Dance after evolution at level 28, but has basically nothing but Grass type attacks and Hidden Power to attack with. Since it's in-game, catch Sewaddle; its typing is junk, but is more capable of damaging things that resist Grass type attacks.

Sewaddle has awful typing and evolves into a somewhat mediocre Pokémon. Petilil gets Quiver Dance after evolution at level 28, but has basically nothing but Grass type attacks and Hidden Power to attack with. Since it's in-game, catch Sewaddle; its typing is junk, but is more capable of damaging things that resist Grass type attacks.

I wouldn't say Leavanny is mediocre. Mine took out a Hydregion the other day, I never regretted raising my Sewaddle.

I've been leveling up Stunky in Giant Chasm, and I noticed something weird about Reshiram's health bar. I would send out Stunky first (against Audino), then switch to Reshiram. In one battle, Reshiram had 199 HP. Then in the next battle, it had 200 HP, and right after that battle, it had 201 HP. But it hadn't leveled up in either of those battles. Is this some sort of glitch?

Reshiram has caught and been cured of Pokerus, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Reshiram's HP is now at 202 HP, still hasn't leveled up. D:

Last edited:

I wouldn't say Leavanny is mediocre. Mine took out a Hydregion the other day, I never regretted raising my Sewaddle.
It's still somewhat poor compared to the many other options out there. hence my "somewhat" mediocre.
I've been leveling up Stunky in Giant Chasm, and I noticed something weird about Reshiram's health bar. I would send out Stunky first (against Audino), then switch to Reshiram. In one battle, Reshiram had 199 HP. Then in the next battle, it had 200 HP, and right after that battle, it had 201 HP. But it hadn't leveled up in either of those battles. Is this some sort of glitch?

Reshiram has caught and been cured of Pokerus, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Reshiram's HP is now at 202 HP, still hasn't leveled up. D:

That's how they've reworked stat gaining in Gen V, apparently. Pokémon calculate the EVs they have after every battle instead of when they level up. This way, Pokémon who are stuck at level 100 (like Arceus) can still gain points in their stats.

E.g. You kill 4 Zubats in a row, you'll gain +1 in Speed immediately after killing the 4th Zubat, instead of waiting until you gain a level.

That's how they've reworked stat gaining in Gen V, apparently. Pokémon calculate the EVs they have after every battle instead of when they level up. This way, Pokémon who are stuck at level 100 (like Arceus) can still gain points in their stats.

E.g. You kill 4 Zubats in a row, you'll gain +1 in Speed immediately after killing the 4th Zubat, instead of waiting until you gain a level.

Whoa, I wasn't aware of this. D:

Whoa, I wasn't aware of this. D:

Yeah, they fixed it so that Lv 100 pokemon gain EVs now.

From what I've heard both Leavanny and Lilligant are boss. I'd personally go with Lilligant.

No I've installed Flash again and reset my pc :/ Anyone got any other ideas?

I would send an email to the help address for the dream world/global link. Maybe you'll get somewhere. It sounds like your computer has a problem with their site. Maybe it's blocking the things thinking they're ads?

About how often do the "rustling grass" type phenomena appear? And is there any way to speed their appearance?

It has a certain chance of appearing with every step. Walk back and forth next to a patch of grass and you'll get one eventually.

How many hours of game-play is needed for Black City to be at maximum occupancy?

0 hours. It only goes down with time (in days)

I see.
And how many days are required then?

To get there in time to have someone there, I think you have two weeks. Although if you get there in any fewer than 10 days and you'll probably have a very small population.

That's strange.
I started my file 5-6 weeks ago.
I tried entering the city just a minute ago after saving and it was very small with no big,tall buildings or a "city center". I then soft-reseted.
When I first entered Black City on my old file I did so after fewer days/weeks yet it was bigger with a big building in the center were you could buy items.
Shouldn't it be pretty big now or have I done something wrong?

No, it gets smaller with time.

No I've installed Flash again and reset my pc :/ Anyone got any other ideas?

The traders only come at weekends :)

My Samurott has Slash, Megahorn Surf and Revenge. IMO Revenge over Retaliate, but its up to you :)

Oh ok, will do! Revenge it is! And I tried to find to find the Anville traders yesterday (Saturday), but I didnt see them.... :-/

You're kidding?

Haha, I thought it got bigger with time.

Well.....thanks for the help though hurristat, for clearing up that conundrum for me.

You're kidding?

Haha, I thought it got bigger with time.

Well.....thanks for the help though hurristat, for clearing up that conundrum for me.

Nah, if you take any longer than two or three weeks, it's practically empty.

You have to make a speed run to get a full Black city to start off with.

No problem.

I think it's that each one of the people there leave at either, 4, 6, 14 and 16 days depending on who you have in your City when you start. As such if you take any longer than 16 days, there'd be nothing there at all.

I wonder where all this 'grows with time' comes from, since this is about the fifth time I've heard of someone's game messed up because of it. ;.;

Does anyone know why the traders in Anville Town disappear so often? I saw them one Saturday in April (the 1st time I went to Anville Town) and left to get the required items (I never went back that week).The next Saturday I returned to trade, but I didnt see them for the whole weekend. Then, 2 weeks ago I saw all the traders again, so I traded with some of the NPCs. After that, I once again flew away to get more items and never went back that weekend. I came back the next week to check again and didn't see any of the NPCs again. I don't mess with my Dsi's time, and I've never hacked my Dsi games. And I only check the town on weekends. Help??

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom