• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I have a question about the Ability Unaware.
Say, if my Pokemon has this ability and uses Calm Mind, will it's Sp.Attack and Sp.Defence go up?
Or does this ability apply only in regards to the opponents stat changes?

Yes, it only applies to the opponent's stats, and only when the Pokémon with Unaware attacks it.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Accidentally posted this on the test forum. Shows how long it's been since I've been here. Anyway, does Pokemon Stadium (first one) use a save battery or does it save to a flash cart? I ask because I'm thinking of transferring all of my pokemon from Red to the stadium boxes so they don't get deleted when my Red version's battery fails.

Accidentally posted this on the test forum. Shows how long it's been since I've been here. Anyway, does Pokemon Stadium (first one) use a save battery or does it save to a flash cart? I ask because I'm thinking of transferring all of my pokemon from Red to the stadium boxes so they don't get deleted when my Red version's battery fails.
Pokemon Stadium 2 runs on a chip (EEPROM? I can't remember), so I would assume Pokemon Stadium 1 is designed the same way. The only N64 game I'm aware of that has a save battery is Donkey Kong 64.

Question Regarding Capturing Latios

Alright, I just ran into Latios randomly while surfing, but he quickly fled before I could do a single thing... Will he ever appear again?? If so, what can i do to keep him from fleeing so fast?

Re: Question Regarding Capturing Latios

Alright, I just ran into Latios randomly while surfing, but he quickly fled before I could do a single thing... Will he ever appear again?? If so, what can i do to keep him from fleeing so fast?

Welcome to BMGf (I guess), and yes, he'll be back. Try using a Diglett or Wobbuffet. Keeps 'em from running.

Or if you're the type of person who likes to use master balls on roaming legendaries, that will always take precedence.

Erm, I thought you said Gen2.

In that case, go with either Firered/Leafgreen, or Emerald. I went with FR, but it's your choice. I just hear that Emerald's one of the better Gen3 games...

Its ok about the Genn II mix up although i did mention pokemon introduced in gen II so maybe you should of caught that. I guess I needed to be a bit more specific I am not talking about the fire red and leaf green re-makes. I am asking if I should buy ruby, saphire, or emerald, don't buy them, or wait to see if a remake is announced. Seems like you are leaning towards emerald though and I am just wondering why is that?

Pokemon Stadium 2 runs on a chip (EEPROM? I can't remember), so I would assume Pokemon Stadium 1 is designed the same way. The only N64 game I'm aware of that has a save battery is Donkey Kong 64.

Thank you, I now have the go ahead to dissect my Red version.

I also have another question that I'm sure someone has tried before. If you give a pokemon an item in a 2nd generation game and trade it to a 1st generation game, will the item still be there if you were to trade it back to the second generation game?
And assuming the item DOES remain, would a pokemon that needs a held item + a trade to evolve actually evolve if traded back to the 2nd generation game? Again, I assume this is impossible since RBY obviously can't view GSC mons.

Its ok about the Genn II mix up although i did mention pokemon introduced in gen II so maybe you should of caught that. I guess I needed to be a bit more specific I am not talking about the fire red and leaf green re-makes. I am asking if I should buy ruby, saphire, or emerald, don't buy them, or wait to see if a remake is announced. Seems like you are leaning towards emerald though and I am just wondering why is that?
Emerald was the revised remake, and as such contains plenty of stuff not in either Ruby or Sapphire, as well as the ability to catch both Groudon *and* Kyogre (the Pokémon on Ruby and Sapphire's boxarts). In Ruby and Sapphire for example you can only catch Hoenn Pokémon, and can't even view the National Pokédex without trading with FRLG. In Emerald, you can catch quite a few non-Hoenn Pokémon, and even get just handed the National Pokédex. Emerald also uses other graphical and technical upgrades in the time since RS and it.
So yeah, plenty of reason to lean towards the third version of any trio. ^^;

Emerald was the revised remake, and as such contains plenty of stuff not in either Ruby or Sapphire, as well as the ability to catch both Groudon *and* Kyogre (the Pokémon on Ruby and Sapphire's boxarts). In Ruby and Sapphire for example you can only catch Hoenn Pokémon, and can't even view the National Pokédex without trading with FRLG. In Emerald, you can catch quite a few non-Hoenn Pokémon, and even get just handed the National Pokédex. Emerald also uses other graphical and technical upgrades in the time since RS and it.
So yeah, plenty of reason to lean towards the third version of any trio. ^^;

Alright thanks for that. And Yes I know who Kyogre and Groudon are haha just reminds me a friends said that he'd bet I could sit down with a pencil and write down every single guy's name. that I have no Idea if I actualy could do that but I do know of all the guys haha. So do you think I should buy emerald and play it? not buy it? or wait to see if ruby and saphire are remade.

I also have another question that I'm sure someone has tried before. If you give a pokemon an item in a 2nd generation game and trade it to a 1st generation game, will the item still be there if you were to trade it back to the second generation game?
And assuming the item DOES remain, would a pokemon that needs a held item + a trade to evolve actually evolve if traded back to the 2nd generation game? Again, I assume this is impossible since RBY obviously can't view GSC mons.

No, it wouldn't work. But the item will still be on.

Or if you're the type of person who likes to use master balls on roaming legendaries, that will always take precedence.

Unfortunately, I already used mine to catch Rayquanza... I guess I shoulda saved it for Latios... :/

Thanks for the input, it's relieving to know that we will run into each other again... Hopefully Wobboffet's ability will help out

How exactly are you supposed to get Dream World furniture from Loblolly? I've picked items that's she's offerred and then game synced several times, yet I can't seem to find any of her items in the Dream Catalogue (and they're definitely not already in my house).

I managed to figure out what was missing: You have to talk to Loblolly after waking up your Pokémon but before sending another one to the Dream World in order for her furniture to be available.

Can you RNG shiny Pokémon in B/W?

Can you RNG shiny Pokémon in B/W?

Yes you can, but I don't know how.

That question is a question for the wizards in the dubious disc.

Yes you can, but I don't know how.

That question is a question for the wizards in the dubious disc.

Thank you. Hm, totally forgot about that section for some reason. :S

Hello!
I'm trying to get into the Dream World, but the next message appears and it kicks me out: "local storage is necessary the browser will be refreshed"
Does anybody knows what to do with this?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom