• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

How does everstones really work? Does it matter AT ALL if the parent is a ditto? If the parent holding the everstone is foreign, does it work?

Dittoness doesn't matter. Giving the everstone to a foreign Pokémon works in BW but not in Generation IV. Also, prior to HGSS, giving the everstone to a male Pokémon doesn't work.

Does everstone prevent Happiness evolutions?

When held by a Pokémon that evolves through happiness, yes, the everstone will prevent it from evolving.

If I have a female Feebas that knows Dragon Pulse and I breed it with a Ditto, will the offspring get Dragon Pulse?

No. Only males can pass egg moves.

If I have a female Feebas that knows Dragon Pulse and I breed it with a Ditto, will the offspring get Dragon Pulse?

your quickest way to pass it down would be to level up a male Deino or Zweilous to level 32 and breed it with the female Feebas.

your quickest way to pass it down would be to level up a male Deino or Zweilous to level 32 and breed it with the female Feebas.

Ah you're right. I'll just use my male Hydreigon.
Much obliged.

I traded away the wrong pokemon and was able to get it back, but does it have the same happiness level or is its happiness reset to 0 even if I was the original owner just because it was in a trade?
happiness levels usually don't matter to me but this pokemon evolves at max happiness

I have this Adamant Beldum that I want to EV train, it got really good Attack IV (26-28) and Defense IV (30) and ok HP IV (22-24). So I want to ask, will it be better to EV train it in HP or Def? I shall only be used as a physical tank and generally not be taking special hits, so I only care about the Physical side. I have heard that it will be just as good at taking physical moves if I EV train in HP as it would be if I EV train in Def, is this true? Because if it is I might as well EV train it in HP so it will take Special moves somewhat better if it has to.

Also please don't suggest changing the Beldum, I am going to train this specific one, I only do casual playing and don't care too much of getting the very best Pokémon possible.

When I am using exp share to level a very very low pokemon does it get the full amount of EV's for each monster killed? For instance if I kill a slugma do both the pokemon that killed it and the low level pokemon both get 1 ev? Do they split it? What if I give the first pokemon a macho brace? Does that double the ev's gained for both or one or?? I'm trying to ev train two freshly hatched pokemon and I can't get money for vitamins to boost them too 100 and I don't relish the idea of killing 255 times times two for pokemon that are both level 5. Any help appreciated.

e/

also, if anybody knows any ways to make easy money on emerald prior to defeating the elite four i'd like to hear it. I googled and youtubed and got nothing and I got my ass beat last time I did the elite four and have absolutely zero cash left.

When I am using exp share to level a very very low pokemon does it get the full amount of EV's for each monster killed? For instance if I kill a slugma do both the pokemon that killed it and the low level pokemon both get 1 ev? Do they split it? What if I give the first pokemon a macho brace? Does that double the ev's gained for both or one or?? I'm trying to ev train two freshly hatched pokemon and I can't get money for vitamins to boost them too 100 and I don't relish the idea of killing 255 times times two for pokemon that are both level 5. Any help appreciated.

Both Pokemon get the full amount of EV, so both will get 1 EV from killing that Slugma. Giving the Pokemon in front a Macho Brace/Power Items do not affect a Pokemon with Exp. Share, so even if the stronger one holds a Mach Brace the weaker one will only get 1 EV from Slugma. However, putting the Macho Brace on the weaker Pokemon and switching it out will work, it works even better with a Power Item. You could also add PokeRus (PkRs) to the mix and get the twice as much EV.

Power Item/Mach Brace stack with PkRs so you can potentiality get 1*2*2=4 EV from the Slugma with Macho Brace+PkRs or with Power Lens you get (1+4)*2=10 EV for each Slugma.

Both Pokemon get the full amount of EV, so both will get 1 EV from killing that Slugma. Giving the Pokemon in front a Macho Brace/Power Items do not affect a Pokemon with Exp. Share, so even if the stronger one holds a Mach Brace the weaker one will only get 1 EV from Slugma. However, putting the Macho Brace on the weaker Pokemon and switching it out will work, it works even better with a Power Item. You could also add PokeRus (PkRs) to the mix and get the twice as much EV.

Power Item/Mach Brace stack with PkRs so you can potentiality get 1*2*2=4 EV from the Slugma with Macho Brace+PkRs or with Power Lens you get (1+4)*2=10 EV for each Slugma.

Thanks very much. Exactly what I wanted to know!

I traded away the wrong pokemon and was able to get it back, but does it have the same happiness level or is its happiness reset to 0 even if I was the original owner just because it was in a trade?
happiness levels usually don't matter to me but this pokemon evolves at max happiness

The happiness is indeed reset, but not necessarily to zero (unless it's Buneary). Recall that you need 220 happiness or higher for it to evolve.

Question;
I'm playing on emerald atm and I just caught latios. If I reset before I save can I catch another one with a different nature?

Question;
I'm playing on emerald atm and I just caught latios. If I reset before I save can I catch another one with a different nature?

The time the game determines the nature of Latios is when you view the T.V in your house and chose which of the duo you want roaming. So unless you saved before viewing the T.V you will just get the same Latios you caught.

Hey there, so I want to try and beat the Battle Subway in White and get the extra Trainer Card upgrade.

As I've said before, I recently just got the hang of breeding for good IVs and I want to try out EV training because I'm fairly sure that there's no chance of beating the Battle Subway without them. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
I recently yielded a Spiritomb with the following IVs just as a practice

HP 29
ATK 24
DEF 21
SpA 29
SpD 29
Spe 25

which I think is pretty good (Isn't it?) say if I planned to EV train it in HP, SpA and SpD?
My question is, what would be a good team to breed for to take on the Battle Subway? I'm kind of thinking about Hydreigon, but basically I need to get 4 Pokemon with good IVs. I have a living Dex, so finding Pokemon to breed from won't be a problem. Suggestions please?

Ok, I have Pokemon Black, which I bought in America, and an Australian version of Pearl and Heartgold.

Does this mean that if I get a ditto from Pearl/Heartgold, transfer it to black, the masuda method will work.?

Ok, I have Pokemon Black, which I bought in America, and an Australian version of Pearl and Heartgold.

Does this mean that if I get a ditto from Pearl/Heartgold, transfer it to black, the masuda method will work.?

i'm pretty sure it does, they're different nationalities.

Basicly; If you can transfer it from Pearl/Heartgold to Black they count as being the same language, so if you can transfer the Masuda method will not work.

No Masuda Method wont work if you breed an Australian pokemon with an American one because they are the same language, English. You would need to get a Pokemon with a different language such as Japanese and breed with an English pokemon.

When you put your Pokémon in day care and it levels up and learn a new move, which move will disappear? Is it the "first" move?

Like this:
Night Shade
Astonish
Foresight
Pain Split

When it learns a new move, will Night Shade disappear, or is it at random?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom