• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

your trainer ID can be seen by selecting your name on the bottom screen then touching the card Icon in the lower left. Or do you mean your game synch ID? For that you first have to log on to the dream world from your DS.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to access PGL for the first time but forgot my account info and am having trouble resetting my password. Any idea where i would find my player ID? Thanks.

You can get it Emailed to you. Go on the Global Link site, and go to where you put in your log in info, under the box theres a thing that says Forgot your usernname/password? Click it and it'll ask you for your E-mail address, put it in ant the user IDor password will be e-mailed to you.

Thank you, that makes sense...
That's a pretty frustrating limitation anyhow.

best option i've found is 1 parent with a power item & 1 with the nature you want holding an everstone - i have about 2-3 boxes of jolly mienshoo mienfoo with 31 Spe IV's (but still no shiny...)

Last edited:

I can't seem to find the Eviolite in White. My strategy guide says it's in Castelia, and so does Bulbapedia, but I've talked to everyone and nobody's given me an Eviolite. Where can you get one?

I can't seem to find the Eviolite in White. My strategy guide says it's in Castelia, and so does Bulbapedia, but I've talked to everyone and nobody's given me an Eviolite. Where can you get one?

Follow any of the main streets north to Central Plaza, and then go north from there along the road leading to Route 4. A scientist in the second building on the right will give you the Eviolite, but only if you've seen at least 25 different species.

Ah, I see. Thanks. :)

Is it possible to Soft-Reset for shinies on Emerald? I read something about RNG and it said that the number is always 0 on emerald unlike the other games. Does this mean that if I haven't gotten a Shiny Raquaza from 4 days of soft resetting that I am not likely to ever get one soft-resetting the same way?

e/

Realized it said GEN 4/5 Just now. Too late. Sorry!

Last edited:
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Ok, I'm sorta needing help with this. If anybody has the knowledge of RNG manipulation ON EMERALD please continue reading.

My goal; Catch a Shiny Rayquaza
My current method; soft-resetting

I soft-reset for 4 days with no luck. I know that it can take much longer but I was fortunate with my last two shinies on LeafGreen and I was reading a bit and I think that it might be possible with soft resetting but I think I may have to alter my method a bit.
I read that the seed on Emerald is always set to 0 upon resetting and that every identical seed will produce identical frames. There are 60 frames per second. If I approach always within the same 2 seconds I will always trigger 1 of the 120 frames presented in those two seconds. If none of those frames designates a pokemon as a shiny (because of my SID which I cannot determine yet) then no matter what I do I will never get a shiny if I approach within those two seconds because it always resets to 0. Is this true? Also if there are 60 frames per second and 1/8192 Frames dictates shiny then a person would average roughly 1 shiny frame per 2.5 minutes?
In other words, if instead of approaching at the exact same moment (which has given me no luck for the past 4 days) if I waited a couple of seconds would my chances of getting a shiny increase?

Help much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Yes the RNG from Emerald always will seed from 0. Unfortunately unless you have the shiny frame, and it isnt early enough, you will never get it. You could try waiting and approaching later, but if it isnt a shiny frame, the Pokemon wont be shiny.

Does anyone have tips for finding the Shiny Leaf on Route 27?

I'm trying to get all 5 leaves on my Timid Latias and I got 4 of them... but the last one on Route 27 is so frustrating :/ I read somewhere that Route 27 can be really hard to get the shiny leaf on if it's the last leaf you need, but does anyone know if there's any way to make it easier? Or should I just keep looking?

Edit: Nvm, I finally got it :)

Last edited:

Ok thanks for the info. I think I'm just going to try to max out the pokedex and do some ev training. I'm sure I'll run across a shiny sooner or later!

Does anyone have tips for finding the Shiny Leaf on Route 27?

I'm trying to get all 5 leaves on my Timid Latias and I got 4 of them... but the last one on Route 27 is so frustrating :/ I read somewhere that Route 27 can be really hard to get the shiny leaf on if it's the last leaf you need, but does anyone know if there's any way to make it easier? Or should I just keep looking?

Edit: Nvm, I finally got it :)

just letting you know, if you port that latias into gen 5, it will lose all those leaves! :)
food for thought.

As of right now, there is no way to get an enigma berry in Black and White - am I correct? I'm asking because some people in the battle subway seem to have it and I am admittedly jealous. I know it's usually an event thing but I just want to make sure there isn't some way to get it in gen 5 that I am missing.

just letting you know, if you port that latias into gen 5, it will lose all those leaves! :)
food for thought.

Yes but you get the train card star regardless. That was my reason for hunting for the crown, I'm sure some others have the same reason. :3

Though, speaking of Lati@s... how long have we had those to represent our gender? I just noticed them. D:

I'm going to EV-train a Lilligant. I've got two Modest Petilil with Own Tempo and I wanted to check their IV's.

The Subway guy's verdict:
Petilil 1 - "This Pokemon's potential is decent all around." and "It can't be better in that regard (Special Attack)".

Petilil 2 - "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall." and "It can't be better in that regard (Special Defence)."

Which one would be the better choice?

I'm going to EV-train a Lilligant. I've got two Modest Petilil with Own Tempo and I wanted to check their IV's.

The Subway guy's verdict:
Petilil 1 - "This Pokemon's potential is decent all around." and "It can't be better in that regard (Special Attack)".

Petilil 2 - "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall." and "It can't be better in that regard (Special Defence)."

Which one would be the better choice?

You can fully check there IVs here.

But I would go with the one that has relatively superior potential as it has higher IVs over all.

You can fully check there IVs here.

But I would go with the one that has relatively superior potential as it has higher IVs over all.

Thanks. I calculated the IV's. Turns out the one who was 'relatively superior' also had 31 in Sp.Attack as well as Sp.Defense, so I'm going with that one.

food for thought.

Lol, yeah, I know. But I heard somewhere that if you had the crown on it, and you shift it, then on the status screen there will be a star that represents the leaves. Not sure if that's true, but even if it's not, I still got a start on my TC :]

Question:

The Embedded Tower Weather Trio (mainly Groudon/Kyogre) are they like the Shiny Beasts/Celebi where if you use them in one game to unlock ET Rayquaza, you can't take them to another copy of SS/HG to unlock the ET Rayquaza in that game? or was that limitation only introduced in B/W?

also..
If one where to have a hacked...let's say, ET Groudon, and bring both a legit ET Kyogre and the hacked ET Groudon to Prof. Oak, would it work in activating unlocking ET Rayquaza?
I know if you hack the Orbs themselves it will activate the event but the pokemon won't be there.

When trying to check IVs of newly hatched Pokemon, is including the Pokemon on a Battle Subway team and checking its stats an effective substitute for a Lv. 50 wi-fi battle?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom