• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Yeah. I read of others Pickups turning into Sand Rush, but I was hoping I could at least randomize into Intimidate after reading some Pokemon can have the choice of either ability. Not happening, haha.

@siburke Weather effects drive me crazy. All that "It's still raining! It's still raining! It's still raining!" Bah. I try to avoid anything to do with that if possible.

Thanks guys.
it doesn't do that reminder every other turn anymore in gen 5. There is a little picture on the bottom screen now to show what the weather is.

Ok thank you! Time to go get my Whimisicott :D

if you're thinking of SR'ing the nature of Fluffee the Cottonee from Nacrene City, you can't, it will always be Modest.
CLICK!

Last edited:

Whoops, sorry Surferboy. You can't SR (obviously).

I'm a big lying liar.

Ah no problem, I was going for Timid but Modest works alright anyway :)

Is there some kind of calculation for this:

Lets say I have an Infernape. Neutral nature, blaze is the ability. It's full EV trained in attack.
It knows Fire Punch (physical attack, 75 base power) and Flamethrower (special attack, 95 base power).

What would do most damage? And also, how to calculate.

Is there some kind of calculation for this:

Lets say I have an Infernape. Neutral nature, blaze is the ability. It's full EV trained in attack.
It knows Fire Punch (physical attack, 75 base power) and Flamethrower (special attack, 95 base power).

What would do most damage? And also, how to calculate.

I'd expect that Fire Punch is stronger, but there's a long and complicated formula to find the effectiveness of it, which you can find here.

I'd expect that Fire Punch is stronger, but there's a long and complicated formula to find the effectiveness of it, which you can find here.

Ow, well, I might try to understand it later, saved the link. I took flamethrower as an example, but it would be fun to know if it was another stronger special move, such as Fire Blast, Overheat etc. But then again, you gotta consider the accuracy and secondary effects (both negative and positive). Thanks anyway. =)))

EDIT: Just a note, if I calculated right; Fire Punch would deal 319 damage and Flamethrower 314. But then again, my target had same defense, sp.defense, was a normal type. But that's kinda what I wanted to find out. Thanks again for the calculator!

Last edited:

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but it's been bothering me. How is Beartic's name supposed to be pronounced? Is it bear-tic, be-ar-tic, or something else? D:

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but it's been bothering me. How is Beartic's name supposed to be pronounced? Is it bear-tic, be-ar-tic, or something else? D:

I've always assumed bear-tic. Has it been featured in the anime yet? That's really the only way to know for sure...

I've always assumed bear-tic. Has it been featured in the anime yet? That's really the only way to know for sure...

It has, but only in the original. The episode it appears in hasn't aired in the dub yet. :[ But yeah, I've been saying bear-tic as well.

Not sure if anyone can answer this, but...

Does anyone know the timeline of when BW takes place? Like, I know that GSC takes place three years are GRBY. And RSE supposedly happens around the same time as the events in Kanto, and DPP is around the same time as GSC, or at least starts around the time when the Red Gyarados is discovered.

...So... where does that place BW? Or is there not enough evidence for a placement yet?

Not sure if anyone can answer this, but...

Does anyone know the timeline of when BW takes place? Like, I know that GSC takes place three years are GRBY. And RSE supposedly happens around the same time as the events in Kanto, and DPP is around the same time as GSC, or at least starts around the time when the Red Gyarados is discovered.

...So... where does that place BW? Or is there not enough evidence for a placement yet?

There has been a lot of speculation about the placement in time, enough to warrant this thread. No conclusive date.

Can a Milotic get thunderbolt by breeding with a Lanturn??

I never tried that so I asked, anyone knows?

Depends on how you want to train it. Rayquaza have a high attack and sp.attack, quite low defense, sp.defense and speed. Since it have low defense and sp.defense, it's not good as a "tank". The speed reduce it for being perfect as a attacker/sp.attacker as well, but it have high stats in those, so I would definitely go for a speed boosting nature, either timid or jolly, because I don't like natures that lowers defense/sp.defense, and since Rayquaza already have low defense/sp.defense, I wouldn't lower it even more, but that might just be me.

HOWEVER, Rayquaza have a quite good move pool for being both a attacker and a sp.attacker, I would aim for either attack or sp.attack, not both. ExtremeSpeed is a priority move and pretty good for Rayquaza because of it's speed, so maybe I would aim for a ExtremeSpeed Rayquaza with an adamant nature.

As a sp.attacker I would go for a timid nature. Rayquaza learn a lot of powerful moves, and a few powerful STAB. Smogon
have a few suggestion on natures and movesets, it's gen IV though, and Smogon play by tiers, so it depends on how you gonna use the Rayquaza.

And there is my rather fast analyze of Rayquaza, hope it helped a bit at least.

Thank you, I'm trying to catch it in generation IV in the Embedded Tower.

If Shedinja is given Sturdy through Entrainment (no Pokémon with Sturdy can learn Entrainment, but some Pokémon with Sturdy can be tutored Metronome in FRLG), does it become invincible?

If Shedinja is given Sturdy through Entrainment (no Pokémon with Sturdy can learn Entrainment, but some Pokémon with Sturdy can be tutored Metronome in FRLG), does it become invincible?
The only attack/ability that effects Wonder Guard is Trace; so I doubt it can work; however, if by some strange reason (or hacking), Shedinja gets Sturdy, then it will be invinsible.

residual damage (sandstorm / toxic / etc) will KO it

The only attack/ability that effects Wonder Guard is Trace; so I doubt it can work; however, if by some strange reason (or hacking), Shedinja gets Sturdy, then it will be invinsible.

i thought i was ninja'd but this is all kinds of wrong :-/

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom