• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

If Shedinja is given Sturdy through Entrainment (no Pokémon with Sturdy can learn Entrainment, but some Pokémon with Sturdy can be tutored Metronome in FRLG), does it become invincible?

No.
Entry hazards, weather effects and status effects can still kill it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about status effects, entry hazards, hail and sandstorm. They can kill Shedinja too. Guess my mind was too focused on moves hitting Shedinja xD

residual damage (sandstorm / toxic / etc) will KO it
i thought i was ninja'd but this is all kinds of wrong :-/
By attacks, I meant moves that target abilities in general. Obviously, a super effective attack will hit.

Alright, I really want to restart my HeartGold for real, you know by deleting the existing save file. But the thing is, I don't want to lose the Pokemon I have on the existing file. I really want to get them over to my Black, but I only have one DS system so I can't use the Poke Shifter transfer.

So what would be the easiest way to get them from HeartGold over to Black?

Oh yeah, I forgot about status effects, entry hazards, hail and sandstorm. They can kill Shedinja too. Guess my mind was too focused on moves hitting Shedinja xD

By attacks, I meant moves that target abilities in general. Obviously, a super effective attack will hit.

with sturdy it wouldn't need to be super effective to hit but it would still survive the hit (in theory...)

Alright, I really want to restart my HeartGold for real, you know by deleting the existing save file. But the thing is, I don't want to lose the Pokemon I have on the existing file. I really want to get them over to my Black, but I only have one DS system so I can't use the Poke Shifter transfer.

trade them to someone trusted (i mean VERY trusted) to pokeshift & hold them for you - there are plenty of cool helpful people here just VM one of them dude - the "trader's whitelist" would be a good place to look

Pokécheck, the GTS stats checker Best. Site. Ever. If you can't find a person to transfer for you. Even though I guess it's not quite legal because the site saves all the data of your Pokémon and then make a clone to you once you receiving(is it called that? other word: once you... GET) it in gen V.

trade them to someone trusted (i mean VERY trusted) to pokeshift & hold them for you - there are plenty of cool helpful people here just VM one of them dude - the "trader's whitelist" would be a good place to look

Yes, that's what I thought. I'll look into it.
Thanks.

Re: Random Matchup Error

Do you have a legendary in your party? I once forgot to switch my Pokemon before connecting and had a Reshiram in my team and it forbid me to connect because of it.

no i dont all my other pokemon are normal ones that i have caught or hatched myself i just dont know whats going on

._. Im lucky.

I bred my Bidoof with a Floatzel to get the Aqua Tail egg move, but strangely, the offspring had Rock Smash instead ._.

I came back later, and found that the exact same two Pokemon had ANOTHER egg, this time with Aqua Tail.

Is this usual? ._.

Is there a trainer in Pokemon Black that uses Rufflet or Braviary? I really need to see one so that I can search for it in the GTS.

If not, would anyone be willing to trade one for a Vullaby? It's about level 30-ish.

Cynthia in Undella Town has a Braviary. No trainers in Unova have a Rufflet, Vullaby or Mandibuzz.

Charap and Kazza in Generation V

I recently purchased and restarted a used American English Pearl Version, with intent of catching Glameow and Palkia, and others to migrate to my Pokemon Black Version to help fill my Pokedex. I had migrated my first six soon before Veilstone City. This group included Kazza the Abra, originally owned by Hillary from Oreburgh City, and Charap the Chatot, originally owned by Norton from Eterna City. I had not even seen Abra's line in Black Version yet. After training both, I look in my Pokedex, and find that all four Pokémon have Japanese Pokédex entries. If you recall, only Foppa the Magikarp had a Foreign Pokedex entry in DPPt as far as in-game trades go. Has anyone looked into whether it's an easter egg by the programmers? Or are they actually Japanese in origins?

Hall of fame question

In pokemon Pearl i have won the pokemon league around 170 times and so my hall of fame debut is not shown there in my pc... is there any other possible way to find out the pokemon i used and their levels when i made my hof debut??? plz answer!!:expect::expect:

I'm going for a Rayquaza with a jolly nature because most of the moves it will know are physical moves. :)

I see, I see. Enjoy!

Here's my question; I like to do double battles, does Fake Tears affect only one or both foes? Bulbapedia doesn't say anything specific about it except "May affect any foe, but not allies". I would like to know if I understand the image above as well, does the blue mean it will NOT affect those Pokémon? And does the orange mean it WILL affect those Pokémon or that it CAN affect those Pokémon, depending on who I would like to use the move on?

Fake Tears hits only one opponent.

Re: Hall of fame question

In pokemon Pearl i have won the pokemon league around 170 times and so my hall of fame debut is not shown there in my pc... is there any other possible way to find out the pokemon i used and their levels when i made my hof debut??? plz answer!!:expect::expect:

After 20 or 30 in DPPt (and 15 in BW), all subsequent triumphs replace the oldest one viewable

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom