• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Breeding Swords Dance onto Charmander?

Hey, I got the idea that I wanted a charmander with swords dance on pokémon silver, and looked it up on Bulbapedia. there it says that it can be chain-bred onto him using a rhyhorn as a father. But it doesnt seem that rhyhorn can learn Swords dance in any way. Not through lvling, not through breeding. Is bulbapedia wrong somewhere or is there something I'm missing?

Is it possible to teach a charmander Swords Dance without TM?

Re: ._. Im lucky.

I bred my Bidoof with a Floatzel to get the Aqua Tail egg move, but strangely, the offspring had Rock Smash instead ._.

I came back later, and found that the exact same two Pokemon had ANOTHER egg, this time with Aqua Tail.

Is this usual? ._.

Nope, it's just a glitch, and thankfully not a very common one. It's only happened to me once; got a Ferroseed with Thunder Wave instead of Stealth Rock. ಠ_ಠ

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

How do you breed pokemon with DW abilities to thier offspring?

Where do I find Kyurem and how do I get to it?

Re: Breeding Swords Dance onto Charmander?

Hey, I got the idea that I wanted a charmander with swords dance on pokémon silver, and looked it up on Bulbapedia. there it says that it can be chain-bred onto him using a rhyhorn as a father. But it doesnt seem that rhyhorn can learn Swords dance in any way. Not through lvling, not through breeding. Is bulbapedia wrong somewhere or is there something I'm missing?

Is it possible to teach a charmander Swords Dance without TM?

I think you found an error. All I saw was that it was possible via tm03 in generation 1. Sorry! Keep checking though! I'm new to all this stuff so I could be wrong.

Question1;
I'm trying to think of things to do on Emerald while I continue my search for a shiny so I can RNG a shiny Rayquaza. I've come up with the following
1.) Plant/Clone berries
2.) Breed perfects of my favorite pokemon
3.) Catch breeder dittos
4.) Try to catch a pikachu with a light ball (I don't like the idea of coming across a shiny in safari zone though so that'll be last resort)
5.) Battle tower - this won't help me in any way to find a shiny, simply to help with boredom
6.) Evolve pokemon via fighting wild pokemon to max pokedex
7.) Sweet scenting for smeargles while I watch movies on occasion (smeargle because it's a very obvious shiny and the only pokemon in the area)

Any other ideas??

Question 2:
Is the berry on mirage island worth the trouble of checking everyday to see if it's there? I don't know if a gold pokeblock would really even be useful? I've never used a pokeblock before for anything.

That's all for now! Looking forward to feedback!

Last edited:

Where do I find Kyurem and how do I get to it?

According to Bulbapedia he is at Giant Chasm by a small pond, which should be in the middle. This video helps you out, start around 1.22. 3 is catch rate, enjoy your time throwing balls. :)

How do you breed pokemon with DW abilities to thier offspring?

Only the mother can transfer down the DW ability, and it's 40% chance that the offspring will have the DW ability. The mother cannot breed with a Ditto, the ability won't be passed down that way. She must breed with a male from the same egg group.

Last edited:

Q1: Is there a way to breed Swords Dance onto Charmander in Silver? Bulbapedia says its possible through chain breeding using a rhyhorn, but it doesnt seem like rhyhorn is able to learn Swords Dance itself...

Q2: Same question but regarding Crunch

Thanks

Q1: Is there a way to breed Swords Dance onto Charmander in Silver? Bulbapedia says its possible through chain breeding using a rhyhorn, but it doesnt seem like rhyhorn is able to learn Swords Dance itself...

Thanks

I don't think either of those are possible moves for Charmander in Silver. Swords Dance became and egg move for Charmander in Rurby/Sapphire, and Crunch became an egg move for Diamond/Pearl.

Thanks

I'm assuming you're still talking about pokemon silver, generation 2. If that's the case then to get your charmander to have the move crunch you would unfortunately have to travel back in time to the New York City Pokemon Center event or trade with someone who had the charmander knowing the crunch move. :-/ It doesn't look like it's possible through any kind of breeding. I feel your pain though, shiny charizard is my favorite pokemon and mine will never be able to learn a more powerful dragon move than dragon claw unless I breed another one. Good luck to you though!
It

I ask again...

I recently purchased and restarted a used American English Pearl Version, with intent of catching Glameow and Palkia, and others to migrate to my Pokemon Black Version to help fill my Pokedex. I had migrated my first six soon before Veilstone City. This group included Kazza the Abra, originally owned by Hillary from Oreburgh City, and Charap the Chatot, originally owned by Norton from Eterna City. I had not even seen Abra's line in Black Version yet. After training both, I look in my Pokedex, and find that all four Pokémon have Japanese Pokédex entries. If you recall, only Foppa the Magikarp had a Foreign Pokedex entry in DPPt as far as in-game trades go. Has anyone looked into whether it's an easter egg by the programmers? Or are they actually Japanese in origins?

If a Pokémon has the ability Guts but is Burned, will it still receive an attack bonus, or will its attack remain the same?

If a Pokémon has the ability Guts but is Burned, will it still receive an attack bonus, or will its attack remain the same?

The Burn effect is nullified, meaning your attack is boosted.

Guts raises the Attack stat by 50% while affected by the Burn, Paralysis, or Poison status ailments. The Attack drop from Burn does not occur.

- Bulbapedia

Besides the Little Court and Big Court in Nimbasa City, where is a good place where I can train pokemon Lv. 70 or higher?

Besides the Little Court and Big Court in Nimbasa City, where is a good place where I can train pokemon Lv. 70 or higher?

The elite four is good for training.Also you can battle Shigeki Morimoto in Castelia City and Cynthia in Undella Town(only in spring) once a day. Also try training on wild Pokemon in the Giant Chasm.

How does Magic Bounce works? If my target uses Taunt on me, will the target get the Taunt effect as well?

Magic Bounce deflects Taunt back to the foe completely, as if it used it on itself.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom