• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

That's just... pure awesomeness! Thanks for answering.

Edit: I need a suggestion on a Cloyster I'm thinking of breeding.

Just wanted to say first, I'm not used to battle others, I'm mainly thinking of using this on Battle Subway or any other in game battles. I might battle with other but the way that Smogon seem to battle just look boring and I really hope not all of the trainers out there follow their rules and suggestions. Anyway;

I'm thinking of using this moveset: Rock Blast/Icicle Spear/Razor Shell/Shell Smash

The thing I'm having a huge problem with is to choose right nature, EVs and maybe IVs as well. When/if using Shell Smash, sp.def is DOOMED. What I'm worried about is that Cloyster will use Shell Smash before the target gets to move. Then if my target use a special move; I'm dead. Because I'm not thinking it's worth wasting 255 EVs and a sp.def boosting nature - right? But then again, if I see that my target is a slow special attacker, I'm not using Shell Smash. But then it's good if I have a speed boosting nature and EV'd in speed. But that won't be good if I'm hoping to move after the target... You see my problem here?

Or should I drop Shell Smash completely? I need suggestions please, anything is welcome!!!

Last edited:

Just a simple question about the move Foul Play.
I know that the opponent's Attack stat affects the move. The move still has a Base Power of 95.

So does Attack stats of the opponent affect the damage without affecting the Base Power of the move?

Last edited:

Just a simple question about the move Foul Play.
I know that the opponent's Attack stat affects the move. The move still has a Base Power of 95.

So does Attack stats of the opponent affect the damage without affecting the Base Power of the move?

Yes. As the power of the move is calculated using your opponent's attack rather than your own, the base power is always 95. If the opponent uses a stat modifier, the damage done by Foul Play will change.

How come my Black City is empty? )Please quote this if you want to answe, thanks)

How come my Black City is empty? )Please quote this if you want to answe, thanks)
If you take more than (I think) 10 days to beat Black, it will be. People also disappear if you don't talk to them often enough. This also applies to White forest in White.

To get more people, you have to connect to another person with the opposite-color version (via Entralink, I believe) and take people from their Black city/White forest.

my sister's black version had no save file when she turned it on

my sis turned on her black version and there was only new game and the other things as options. not only that but when u try and make a new game it freezes on proffeser juniper popping up:bawl:

it would have to be put in and out of her dsi alot to make it go b4 this, so that may be a sign of a problem, its not rommed at all, bought it brand new at gamestop the day it came out. please help or at least tell us wats going on

-disco out

If you take more than (I think) 10 days to beat Black, it will be. People also disappear if you don't talk to them often enough. This also applies to White forest in White.

To get more people, you have to connect to another person with the opposite-color version (via Entralink, I believe) and take people from their Black city/White forest.

How do I do that?

my sis turned on her black version and there was only new game and the other things as options. not only that but when u try and make a new game it freezes on proffeser juniper popping up:bawl:

it would have to be put in and out of her dsi alot to make it go b4 this, so that may be a sign of a problem, its not rommed at all, bought it brand new at gamestop the day it came out. please help or at least tell us wats going on

-disco out
If the game is brand new, it may be a problem with the DSi itself.

How do I do that?

Just stroll into a friends Black City, and speak to any residents that aren't in a building :)

Actually, according to the guidebook, if you have Black City you have to pull them from another player's White Forest.

Re: my sister's black version had no save file when she turned it on

-disco out
Try using another DS(i/XL/3DS) and see if the game work there. Try other game in her DSi, this way we might find out where the problem is.

Re: my sister's black version had no save file when she turned it on

-disco out

Sounds like dirty cart or dirty cart slot. Try in another DS, if it keeps doing it call Nintendo and get a repair.

I'm moving to Gen 4 now and I'm wondering, which Nintendo DS Doesn't have the ability to move pokemon from GBA games to DS games?

Also

If I get a used Pokemon Platinum can I still make a dream world or is that just black and white or should I just buy it new?

I'm moving to Gen 4 now and I'm wondering, which Nintendo DS Doesn't have the ability to move pokemon from GBA games to DS games?

Also

If I get a used Pokemon Platinum can I still make a dream world or is that just black and white or should I just buy it new?

The original DS and the DS Lite are the only systems that can use Pal Park.

The Dream World is Black and White only.

The original DS and the DS Lite are the only systems that can use Pal Park.

The Dream World is Black and White only.

Thanks!

New question;
Do hidden abilities only work in Dream World or do you send a pokemon to dream world and it comes back with hidden ability? I'm wanting my moltres to have hidden ability so I can use it to breed pokemon and also have a pokemon with the move fly without using another pokemon space. Thanks!

Thanks!

New question;
Do hidden abilities only work in Dream World or do you send a pokemon to dream world and it comes back with hidden ability? I'm wanting my moltres to have hidden ability so I can use it to breed pokemon and also have a pokemon with the move fly without using another pokemon space. Thanks!
No, no, no.. See, you send a poke to Dream World to get DW pokes.. In other words, your poke will not be coming back as a DW poke, but with ANOTHER DW poke that you befriended..

Then there's no way you can get DW Legends so far, except for Arceus.. And obviously a legendary can't breed, so no passing down ability even if you found one..

Thanks!

New question;

Volcarona has Flame Body and can learn Fly.

Can a trainer ID or SID be less/more than five numbers and still legal?

Also, me and my Ditto questions... I just breed some Shellder's with a japanese Ditto, the everstone is on the Shellder and a power item on the japanese Ditto. The IVs is coming out right but I'm either having a HORRIBLE luck or is it that everstones doesn't work with japanese Ditto's? Because I changed to an english Ditto, and I'm much more lucky with the everstone passing down the nature.

Is it just a coincidence of bad luck? o_O

Last edited:

Can a trainer ID or SID be less/more than five numbers and still legal?

IDs and SIDs are always from 0 to 65535, and the game always displays IDs with five digits (e.g., 0 is displayed as "00000").

Also, me and my Ditto questions... I just breed some Shellder's with a japanese Ditto, the everstone is on the Shellder and a power item on the japanese Ditto. The IVs is coming out right but I'm either having a HORRIBLE luck or is it that everstones doesn't work with japanese Ditto's? Because I changed to an english Ditto, and I'm much more lucky with the everstone passing down the nature.

Is it just a coincidence of bad luck? o_O

Everstones only work with foreign Pokémon in Generation V, not in Gen IV. If you are playing BW, you just have terrible luck.

I've re-started Diamond. I went to Route 204, to catch a Budew. Well, it's currently Lv. 21, and it hasn't evolved. It's daytime, it's at the first slot and it has been battling since I caught it. Is this expected, considering I'm too early in the game to purchase vitamins, get the sooth bell, etc?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom