• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

It needs to reach happiness of 220 or higher in order to evolve. It just probably isnt at that level yet. Try using it in a gym battle, that raises happiness too.

But this is ridiculous. It'll probably be Lv. 35 by the time it evolves. It won't be worth it, if that's the case. :/

But this is ridiculous. It'll probably be Lv. 35 by the time it evolves. It won't be worth it, if that's the case. :/

There are several ways to get it happier faster, but since you haven't beat elite four and all that, it's harder. Budew is pretty pointless, unless you want it because you think it's cute and all that; I would suggest to catch a Roselia instead! :)

I was able to evolve my riolu at level 2 just by running around with it and raising it's happiness via the outside of battle methods, just keep trying and if you really want it to evolve you'll find a way to make it work.

Do people make bootleg DS games? I'm looking at a Platinum on Ebay for 18$ and it simply seems too good to be true... Just wondering.

IDs and SIDs are always from 0 to 65535, and the game always displays IDs with five digits (e.g., 0 is displayed as "00000").

The SID, is it also always five digits? I mean, if I see a SID that's 0000, is it a illegal/other?

Do people make bootleg DS games? I'm looking at a Platinum on Ebay for 18$ and it simply seems too good to be true... Just wondering.
There are fake games out there, especially on sites like Ebay, be careful.

The SID, is it also always five digits? I mean, if I see a SID that's 0000, is it a illegal/other?

The game never shows the SID (The 'S' stands for "secret," after all), and it stores it as a 16-bit unsigned integer, not as a string of digits, so the number of digits used to display it is entirely up to the "supplementary device" you're using.

How to use the PokeGen

Hey all, Im curious to know how PokeGen works, do I need Action Replay to do it? Someone explain how to do it please

i have a problem with my team it needs to be stronger i need a lucky egg so how many do i need intil i can get one garanted but i also want frisk so i need to know where i can get some of them

Shiny Question

Ok I have to know, I'm using a Lucario from the Netherlands and One from the United States to try and get a Shiny one. Will the Egg be a different color or will it look like a normal Egg and randomly be Shiny or not. I've hatched maybe.....100+ eggs so far so give me a hand here.
Oh and I'm playing on black version

Last edited:
Re: Shiny Question

Ok I have to know, I'm using a Lucario from the Netherlands and One from the United States to try and get a Shiny one. Will the Egg be a different color or will it look like a normal Egg and randomly be Shiny or not. I've hatched maybe.....100+ eggs so far so give me a hand here.
Oh and I'm playing on black version
The egg will look normal. If the Netherlands Lucario ISN'T English, the chances of you hatching a Shiny Riolu will be 1 in 1366 for a Gen V game. However, if the Lucario is English, then it will be the normal chances, as the Masuda Method is based on language not region.

Next time though, please us the http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/shiny-encounters-thread-112949/, or http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/simple-questions-simple-answers-v-4-gen-iv-v-109744/ thread.

i have a problem with my team it needs to be stronger i need a lucky egg so how many do i need intil i can get one garanted but i also want frisk so i need to know where i can get some of them

What game are you playing?

I'm assuming this is in DPPt or HGSS, and you want to get a Lucky Egg off a wild Chansey?

For wild Chansey locations:
Chansey (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There are three Pokémon in Gen IV that can have the ability Frisk: Stantler, Shuppet, and Banette.

Another question

Because I can't find it anywhere and don't want to read through 1000+ pages of forum threads I need to know if there is a way to tell what language a traded pokemon is from.

Question;
Is there a way to transfer pokemon from white-diamond using only one nintendo ds? I just got a DS Lite, Pokemon White, and Diamond and I want to start my own game on white but it has 4 shinies on it already and I don't want to lose them.

Also;

Neoflare, thanks for answering all the questions you do! Very helpful!

Question;
Is there a way to transfer pokemon from white-diamond using only one nintendo ds? I just got a DS Lite, Pokemon White, and Diamond and I want to start my own game on white but it has 4 shinies on it already and I don't want to lose them.

Nope, sorry.You can trade them to someone you trust, maybe some one on here? And then they can trade them back for you.

Question;

No legal way. But this works: Pokécheck, the GTS stats checker
I think the site saves all the data about your Pokémon and then re-create it for gen V. Like a clone. Your gen IV Pokémon won't leave your game though.

Question;

Also;

Neoflare, thanks for answering all the questions you do! Very helpful!
You cant transfer form White to Diamond, only from Diamond to White.
also you're welcome, Im here to help:)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom