• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I caught an Exeggcute, because I want to add Exeggutor. So, I would like to know a good moveset for it. I don't care about IVs, Natures, etc. This is strictly for casual play. All advice/recommendations will be appreciated.

If it's ability is Harvest,you could try the following moveset with a sleep or status removing berry:

Rest,Psychic,Poisonpowder,any Grass type damaging move

Objective; get a good Zekrom
Question;
To be able to soft reset for a Zekrom in Dragonspiral tower I need to
1.) Have a full party when I encounter it in N's Castle
2.) Have a full pc (all 8 boxes??)
3.) Kill it when I encounter it at N's Castle

Is all of this correct? Is there anything I'm missing?

Last edited:

You will need full party, all full boxes and the game will let you catch it at Dragonspiral Tower.

-------------------------------

What would be better for Scolipede with this set: ([move], Toxic, X-Scissor, Megahorn) Rock Slide, Earthquake, Poison Jab or Sludge bomb?

This is a noncompetitive moveset.

I have noticed that lots of people have little "shops" of pokemon they offer on this forum. I guess people just get a good pokemon then clone the hell out of it and trade it for other pokemon? I am unfamiliar with generation 5 battle stuff so I was wondering, are there problems with multiple people using cloned pokemon in competition? If someone gets a cloned event pokemon could they use it in all the competitions?(level and type restrictions notwithstanding) I am wondering this because I thought I might want to get a couple of pokemon that I liked, some are RNG abused and others are event pokemon. Would I run into problems if I got a commonly distributed pokemon that WASN'T hacked?

e/

I'm not just talking about random WiFi battling. I mean tournaments and stuff too.

e/e/

If someone cloned one of my pokemon and tried to use it in competition would that be a problem for me as well?

e/e/e/

My ebay order was messed up and instead of recieving Platinum I recieved Pokemon Ranger. Can this be of any use whatsoever in regards to playing on BW?

Last edited:

What would be better for Scolipede with this set: ([move], Toxic, X-Scissor, Megahorn) Rock Slide, Earthquake, Poison Jab or Sludge bomb?

This is a noncompetitive moveset.

I would go for Rock Slide. It's good for the flying and fire weakness. Also, I would drop Megahorn (Moves with less than 100 acc annoys me, even though they could be good, but since you got X-Scissor, that would do it), and use Earthquake. I would even consider dropping toxic as well and pick up Poison Jab.

Since TM's are re-useable in gen V, I think you should try out what you like the most. Also, because of Scolipede's low sp.atk, I wouldn't ever use a special move (such as Sludge bomb).

I have some question about the Pokéwalker. The watts that are sent to the DS game, what do they do?

And the special areas (Pokéwalker - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia), everything that's "event download", are they too late to get for me?

I have noticed that lots of people have little "shops" of pokemon they offer on this forum. I guess people just get a good pokemon then clone the hell out of it and trade it for other pokemon? I am unfamiliar with generation 5 battle stuff so I was wondering, are there problems with multiple people using cloned pokemon in competition? If someone gets a cloned event pokemon could they use it in all the competitions?(level and type restrictions notwithstanding) I am wondering this because I thought I might want to get a couple of pokemon that I liked, some are RNG abused and others are event pokemon. Would I run into problems if I got a commonly distributed pokemon that WASN'T hacked?

e/

I'm not just talking about random WiFi battling. I mean tournaments and stuff too.

e/e/

If someone cloned one of my pokemon and tried to use it in competition would that be a problem for me as well?

e/e/e/

My ebay order was messed up and instead of recieving Platinum I recieved Pokemon Ranger. Can this be of any use whatsoever in regards to playing on BW?

Many people consider it cheating, as you are tweaking the game in your favour. I think cloned Pokémon are OK, as long as they are clones of legitimate Pokémon. Don't hold me to this though.

I would contact the seller on eBay, as this is false advertising, and if you can prove you purchased Pokémon Platinum, and not Pokémon Ranger, things should get sorted out. And the only use of Pokémon Ranger is to get a Manaphy egg, but this cannot be done until you complete the main story, and enter a code on Rangernet. I think other Pokémon can be obtained from Ranger sequels, but I think they were Wi-Fi distributed. If they where, you have missed them.

I have some question about the Pokéwalker. The watts that are sent to the DS game, what do they do?

And the special areas (Pokéwalker - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia), everything that's "event download", are they too late to get for me?

Watts unlock more routes, and yes you have missed them. Still obtainable with an Action Replay mind you.

Last edited:

Watts unlock more routes, and yes you have missed them. Still obtainable with an Action Replay mind you.

Oh I see. I don't have AR, but I suppose I'm not missing anything that big except for surfing/flying Pikachu's. But then again, I don't think I would use them, haha. Thanks for answering (so fast)!

I know in Gen 4 there were the EV trainers with Riley and the others and I was wondering if there is anything like that in Gen 5? I know in the Stadium the majority of the Trainers/player's Pokemon give out Att and Def EV when there is a Football game, but what about with the other players/days?
*May count as 2 questions but idk*

Question;

I'm filling up my PC so I can catch Zekrom in Dragonspiral tower instead of N's Castle. There were 8 boxes. I filled 8 then 9-16 appeared. (fml) If I fill 9-16 are more boxes going to pop up? If so then what is the limit?

24 is the limit, you must fill all 24 boxes

Ouch. lol. Well thanks for the info. Prob won't have more questions out of me for a few days because I'll be busy doing this.

Last edited:

They unlock new paths. As for the event download areas, it is too late to get them. You can hack them into your game.

------------

I know in Gen 4 there were the EV trainers with Riley and the others and I was wondering if there is anything like that in Gen 5? I know in the Stadium the majority of the Trainers/player's Pokemon give out Att and Def EV when there is a Football game, but what about with the other players/days?
*May count as 2 questions but idk*

There are no stat trainers in Gen V. As for the stadium trainers giving out Attack and Defense EVs, that is dependent on their pokémon.

------------

What would be a good moveset for a non-competitive (Battle Subway and ingame battle only) Braviary?

So far, he's running Fly, Brave Bird, Rock Slide and Superpower.

What would be a good moveset for a non-competitive (Battle Subway and ingame battle only) Braviary?

So far, he's running Fly, Brave Bird, Rock Slide and Superpower.

Take out fly and teach him Return or Bulk Up.

Anybody know what would happen if I showed up at N's castle with no pokeballs?

Anybody know what would happen if I showed up at N's castle with no pokeballs?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think N will give you some Pokeballs if you don't have any at the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think N will give you some Pokeballs if you don't have any at the time.

Not N but a Team Plasma Grunt somewhere in the castle will give you some ultra balls.

Let's say a togekiss with sensere grace and kings rock uses air slash.How high of a flinch rate is that(remember,kings rock can flinch)?

I would go for Rock Slide. It's good for the flying and fire weakness. Also, I would drop Megahorn (Moves with less than 100 acc annoys me, even though they could be good, but since you got X-Scissor, that would do it), and use Earthquake. I would even consider dropping toxic as well and pick up Poison Jab.

Since TM's are re-useable in gen V, I think you should try out what you like the most. Also, because of Scolipede's low sp.atk, I wouldn't ever use a special move (such as Sludge bomb).

There's no real reason to have Poison Jab if you have Megahorn/X-Scissor since Bug covers what Poison is SE against + more. And they're both STAB.
Also, Megahorn's power is definitely worth the lower accuracy.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom