• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

A question of my own, is it possible to get more than ten ev's from a battle? I saw a comment on YouTube from someone saying that they got 30+ with a combo of a Macho brace and Pokérus. Was the guy lying?

The maximum number of EVs you can gain from a single battle is 28, if you fight a wild double battle against two Pokémon that give 3 EVs each while holding a Power Item and infected with Pokérus ([3+4]*2*2=28). He was most likely referring to actual stat points rather than EVs; in Gens III and IV, it is possible to earn a very large number of stat points upon leveling up if sufficient EVs are earned; an untrained level 99 Pokémon with a standard 4/252/252 EV spread will earn a minimum of 63 points in 2 stats and 1 point in another stat when it reaches level 100, for a minimum total of 127 stat points at one time.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In Pokemon Emerald, what do I need to do before I can battle each Gym Leader a third time? I've already challenged five of them to rematches once each, and the game isn't letting me battle them again.

Why do Heatran have genders?

This thread has probably already been created, but whatever.
I didn't realize Heatran had genders until few weeks ago. Anybody have any ideas why?

Re: Why do Heatran have genders?

I haven't played Gen IV yet, so based on what I know of this Pokémon, which is based by its anime and film appearances only, I had no idea that Heatran was supposed to be a legendary, so I just assumed it would have genders.

Unlike other legends Heatran doesn't play a role, it's simply a rare species with gender differences. Even if you can obtain multiple Heatran (any legend) through trade, Platinum player 1 and Platinum player 2 is essentially the same character in the game universe where there's only one heatran from Stark Mountain, it can't reproduce with itself so therefore it can't breed.

Question;

I'm filling up my PC so I can catch Zekrom in Dragonspiral tower instead of N's Castle. There were 8 boxes. I filled 8 then 9-16 appeared. (fml) If I fill 9-16 are more boxes going to pop up? If so then what is the limit?

Ouch. lol. Well thanks for the info. Prob won't have more questions out of me for a few days because I'll be busy doing this.

just so you know no matter how many times you SR you won't be able to get a shiny one - for the sake of a 1 or 2 difference in IV's you're probably better just checking the stats at level 50 during the battle

if you're going for near perfect IV's you'd be quicker learning how to RNG (if it can be done on that battle - probably can but i'm not sure)

just so you know no matter how many times you SR you won't be able to get a shiny one - for the sake of a 1 or 2 difference in IV's you're probably better just checking the stats at level 50 during the battle

if you're going for near perfect IV's you'd be quicker learning how to RNG (if it can be done on that battle - probably can but i'm not sure)

I am going for at least 3 30+ IV's and a specific nature but thx for the info. I didn't know it was possible to RNG on BW??

e//
Just finished filling box 16. Whoever did this the first time and discovered it was possible deserves a medal. If I didn't know FOR CERTAIN I could SR at the end then I would never ever be doing this. Lol.

Unlike other legends Heatran doesn't play a role, it's simply a rare species with gender differences. Even if you can obtain multiple Heatran (any legend) through trade, Platinum player 1 and Platinum player 2 is essentially the same character in the game universe where there's only one heatran from Stark Mountain, it can't reproduce with itself so therefore it can't breed.

By that logic the volcarona from Relic Castle shouldn't be able to reproduce with someone else's volcarona caught the same way. It doesn't work like that. Not to mention legionaries are not all relvant to the plot in some way, especially with how they have been over populating the pokemon world the last few generations.

Is there a way to trade your pokemon to your legit computer and then trade them back?

I know this may seem sorta stupid, but I have only played through White version once and I want to do it again but I already transferred all my rare/uber legendary pokemon to from HG and I can't afford to loose them. (I like freaking drool over mew and celebi not really :p)

Oh, and I have a Mac, to specify :3

Is there a reason why Ethers and Elixirs aren't sold in the Marts?
I mean, they're obviously produced in the same way as Potions since they're inside some kind of container/bottle.

I need advice...

Okay, so I'm working on filling up my pokedex. I'm trying to finish the livingdex in heartgold before transferring everything to my copy of white. However, I'm considering just trying to finish it in white version, transferring everything I have now, and catching any new non-unova in either game and transferring when nessecary. In other words, Id only worry about finishing the pokedex in white and not in heartgold. What do you think I should do?

Is there a reason why Ethers and Elixirs aren't sold in the Marts?
I mean, they're obviously produced in the same way as Potions since they're inside some kind of container/bottle.

My only guess is that they're illegal since no marts sell them and no NPCs use them (but they give them away in Nimbasa stadiums.) Or they are exclusively hand-made in small series.

Re: I need advice...

It's taking a long time for me to complete my genIV dex and trade between my HG and Pearl. It should be sped up if you just focus on genV. how much of completionist are you? :p

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I think it's random like all the other trainer rematches in the Hoenn games.

Does the item Metronome also boost attacks such Outrage, Thrash or Petal Dance?

Re: Breeding Swords Dance onto Charmander?

Question 2:
Is the berry on mirage island worth the trouble of checking everyday to see if it's there? I don't know if a gold pokeblock would really even be useful? I've never used a pokeblock before for anything.

That's all for now! Looking forward to feedback!

i think the only good thing a gold pokeblock would be useful for would be evolving feebas easier.

Do I just have extraordinarily bad luck or is Hypnosis virtually useless in Gen V?

I just realized, I've been raising a Munna since Striaton City and can basically DEPEND on Hypnosis failing to the point where I literally cant remember the last time I used it successfully.

Did they alter this move to make it useless or something? And if so, is there ANYTHING I can hope to replace it with? I really cant imagine my Musharna being useful without being able to put other Pokémon to sleep with a reasonable expectation that the move I use to do so may actually work.

Do I just have extraordinarily bad luck or is Hypnosis virtually useless in Gen V?

I just realized, I've been raising a Munna since Striaton City and can basically DEPEND on Hypnosis failing to the point where I literally cant remember the last time I used it successfully.

Did they alter this move to make it useless or something? And if so, is there ANYTHING I can hope to replace it with? I really cant imagine my Musharna being useful without being able to put other Pokémon to sleep with a reasonable expectation that the move I use to do so may actually work.

Its got an accuracy of 60%, so I'm thinking your quite unlucky. Try a Wide Lens, it boosts the holder's Accuracy by 10% of the original accuracy.

To get one, speak to the man in the suit in Castelia city's Pokécenter. He'll give you one after you have done 5 trades.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom