• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Does the item Metronome also boost attacks such Outrage, Thrash or Petal Dance?

Yes.

Okay, so I'm working on filling up my pokedex. I'm trying to finish the livingdex in heartgold before transferring everything to my copy of white. However, I'm considering just trying to finish it in white version, transferring everything I have now, and catching any new non-unova in either game and transferring when nessecary. In other words, Id only worry about finishing the pokedex in white and not in heartgold. What do you think I should do?

If it only matters to you about White, then I say you choose white.

Evolution troubles!

I caught a wild mankey at level 32, but they become primape at level28! will it still evolve?:uhoh:

Re: Evolution troubles!

Yes. Questions like this also belong in SQSA.

Ok so I'm having trouble with the (upgraded) post-game Elite Four. I can get through Shauntal and Grimsley easily, but I hit a wall once I get to Catlin. Any suggestions? *If it helps, my current team is Samurott (66), Leavanny (66), Haxorus (67), Throh (61, in training), Stoutland (67), and Darmanitan (65). (my other pokemon are very under-leveled unfortunately)

Ok so I'm having trouble with the (upgraded) post-game Elite Four. I can get through Shauntal and Grimsley easily, but I hit a wall once I get to Catlin. Any suggestions? *If it helps, my current team is Samurott (66), Leavanny (66), Haxorus (67), Throh (61, in training), Stoutland (67), and Darmanitan (65). (my other pokemon are very under-leveled unfortunately)

In all honesty, I think you may be a bit underleveled. Try to aim for low to mid 70s. Does your Leavanny know X-Scissor or Stoutland know Crunch?

Her first pokemon is Musharna, it will always use Hypnosis on the first turn. Give your Leavanny a Chesto Berry or use Full Heal after she puts you to sleep. Her Dream Eater will fail while you max up your attack with Swords Dance. Then sweep with X-Scissor.

Do gems power up multi hit moves? Say a Normal Gem powering up Double Slap? Is it the first slap that gets boosted, or all of them?

Do gems power up multi hit moves? Say a Normal Gem powering up Double Slap? Is it the first slap that gets boosted, or all of them?

And the Dragon Gem with Outrage, like with Cheren's Haxorus?

In all honesty, I think you may be a bit underleveled. Try to aim for low to mid 70s. Does your Leavanny know X-Scissor or Stoutland know Crunch?
Yep and yep.

Her first pokemon is Musharna, it will always use Hypnosis on the first turn. Give your Leavanny a Chesto Berry or use Full Heal after she puts you to sleep. Her Dream Eater will fail while you max up your attack with Swords Dance. Then sweep with X-Scissor.
The last time I tried the Chesto trick was with Haxorus, and I was seeming hit with 100% accurate hypnosis 3 times in a row. I'll try it again with Leavanny though

get that volcarona..

lol, does it matter that it hasn't been EV trained?

it generally wont..
give it chesto berry..
use quiver dance first..
if hypnosis missess..
then dance again..
if it hits, u will wake up..and start sweeping with bug buzz and flamethrower..

If u have cash, just buy those vitamins to train evs in spatk..

I'm not sure to be honest. Try it out to see if it works and then SR.

And the Dragon Gem with Outrage, like with Cheren's Haxorus?

Gems will only boost the first hit of Outrage.

I forgot to rename my Gen IV pokemon so they have lowercase letters. If I evolve them, will their names change?

I forgot to rename my Gen IV pokemon so they have lowercase letters. If I evolve them, will their names change?

Yes, the names will be converted to sentence case once they evolve. If they can't anymore, well they're stuck. It seems for foreign Pokemon, the names will be translated upon evolution if not nicknamed in their original game

In Black/White, is there a way to manipulate what swarm appears?

In Black/White, is there a way to manipulate what swarm appears?

Just save, then check. The if not the desired Pokémon, just repeat the first steps :)

Just save, then check. The if not the desired Pokémon, just repeat the first steps :)

So, every time I start up the game, there will be a different swarm? I don't have to use the DS' clock, to manipulate what swarm appears?

Last edited:

So, every time I start up the game, there will be a different swarm? I don't have to use the DS' clock, to manipulate what swarm appears?

Nope, works for me anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom