• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

How much control over stats and natures do I have for male only species?

How much control over stats and natures do I have for male only species?
About as much as any other species. Most male-only species can be bred with Ditto, with the Ditto acting as the "female" parent for the purpose of passing down moves and stats. In some cases, though, breeding a male-only species with Ditto has an even chance of producing either the male-only species or its direct female counterpart (for example, breeding a Nidoking with a Ditto has a 50% chance of producing Nidoran♀ rather than Nidoran). However, as I said, natures, moves and statistics are passed down as normal.

Hidden abilities HELP

I want to try and get all the DW eeveelutions and I was wondering if I bred my DW Male Espeon with a Ditto, what are the chances that the Eevee would have its hidden ability Anticipation

Re: Hidden abilities HELP

I want to try and get all the DW eeveelutions and I was wondering if I bred my DW Male Espeon with a Ditto, what are the chances that the Eevee would have its hidden ability Anticipation

Direct from the "breeding" page of Bulbapedia:

"From Generation V, female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities have a 60% chance of passing on the Hidden Ability to their offspring when bred with a male Pokémon from the same egg group. For example, if a female Darmanitan with Zen Mode bred with a male Simisage, the offspring Darumaka may have Inner Focus instead of the usual Hustle, and would evolve into a Darmanitan with Zen Mode (instead of Sheer Force).

Hidden Abilities cannot be passed down from male or genderless Pokémon, and will not be passed down if the female was paired with a Ditto."

So in your situation, the Espeon cannot possibly pass down any Hidden Ability.

Zero. The Pokémon needs to be female and it cannot be bred with Ditto.

You'll need to find a female Eevee that's been obtained in the Japan-only Pokémon Café promotion.

Do all bulletin boards announce where the swarm is going to be located, or do I have to be at a specific one?

Last edited:

Thanks to everyone who answered, I have finally found a female eevee with anticipation and hopefully will breed enough eevee with this ability to have a giveaway some time in the future

I'm starting a new game in White and would like to know if it is possible to force Backpacker to be an option for my trainer class?

I'm starting a new game in White and would like to know if it is possible to force Backpacker to be an option for my trainer class?

Don't think you can be one, but you can choose others at the start.

I have two questions:

1. What's the purpose of choosing what type of Trainer you are (it's on the Trainer ID)
  2. I like Golbat better than Crobat. Always have, always will. Now, if I put my golbat on my team, will that be a stupid idea, because I don't want to evolve it into Crobat?

I have two questions:

1. What's the purpose of choosing what type of Trainer you are (it's on the Trainer ID)
  2. I like Golbat better than Crobat. Always have, always will. Now, if I put my golbat on my team, will that be a stupid idea, because I don't want to evolve it into Crobat?

1 - There's no point. It's just a choice.

2 - Give it an Everstone. Or just press 'B' every time it tries to evolve.

I have two questions:

1) Aesthetics.
2) It's not as strong battle-wise, but you can just give it an everstone and call it good.

Right now, there's no one in my White Forest. I know that you have to go to another player's Black City to get those people to come over to your White Forest, but I went to my sister's Black City and none of them are coming over. This is the only time this has happened. Does this mean that I can't get anyone to my White Forest again?

Right now, there's no one in my White Forest. I know that you have to go to another player's Black City to get those people to come over to your White Forest, but I went to my sister's Black City and none of them are coming over. This is the only time this has happened. Does this mean that I can't get anyone to my White Forest again?

Try waiting until the next day and try again :) What did the people say when you spoke to them?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom