• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

They said the same stuff they always say when they want to come to White Forest, but the option to send them over isn't there.

Do you have ten people in your White forest? Maybe get your sister to take some people from your White Forest to her Black City, and then try again?

Do you have ten people in your White forest? Maybe get your sister to take some people from your White Forest to her Black City, and then try again?

Both my White Forest and her Black City are empty as of now. No one from her Black City will come over to my White Forest, and vice versa.

Both my White Forest and her Black City are empty as of now. No one from her Black City will come over to my White Forest, and vice versa.

Oh then I have no idea :/ You haven't changed the time on either DS at all have you? And there is only one of you in the Entralink? Other wise I have no idea! Sorry D:

I haven't changed the time on my DS, and I'm pretty sure my sister hasn't changed hers either (though I'll have to check that out). And only one of us was in the Entralink at one time.

That's fine, I appreciate it anyway. ^_^

help breeding gen IV (SS) breeding

so i spent hours collecting ditto's with each nature
I've been trying to breed a pichu with hardy nature.
So I have a male Pikachu holding a light ball (for volt tackle)
and I gave my ditto an everstone because normally that would make the offspring pass down its nature... but i keep getting random natured pichu's

what am I doing wrong here?

Re: help breeding gen IV (SS) breeding

so i spent hours collecting ditto's with each nature
I've been trying to breed a pichu with hardy nature.
So I have a male Pikachu holding a light ball (for volt tackle)
and I gave my ditto an everstone because normally that would make the offspring pass down its nature... but i keep getting random natured pichu's

what am I doing wrong here?
Keep in mind, everstone only has 50% passing down the nature.. You could actually get random nature if you are "lucky" enough.. :)

Keep in mind, everstone only has 50% passing down the nature.. You could actually get random nature if you are "lucky" enough.. :)

hmmm that contradicts what bulbapedia says;
In Generation IV, in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, inheriting natures remains the same as in Emerald. However, in the Johto remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver, inheriting Nature was changed a little. Whichever Pokémon is holding an Everstone will pass down its nature, regardless of gender, or whether it is breeding with a Ditto.

im playing SS

hmmm that contradicts what bulbapedia says;
In Generation IV, in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, inheriting natures remains the same as in Emerald. However, in the Johto remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver, inheriting Nature was changed a little. Whichever Pokémon is holding an Everstone will pass down its nature, regardless of gender, or whether it is breeding with a Ditto.

im playing SS
"If held in the Pokémon Day Care by a female Pokémon or Ditto, Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder.EDPPt
If held in the Pokémon Day Care by either parent[1], Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder.HGSSBW" - From Bulbapedia

It still applies for the 50%.. Just keep breeding, pretty sure you will get one.. ;)

When playing the Goldenrod Raffle, can I win all of the TMs multiple times, or do you win them just one time?

When playing the Goldenrod Raffle, can I win all of the TMs multiple times, or do you win them just one time?

Do you mean the prize draw, where you can get berry's, Poké balls and maybe a TM? Then yes you can, but only specific ones on each day.

Day: First prize
Sunday: TM02 (Dragon Claw)
Monday: TM65 (Shadow Claw)
Tuesday: TM91 (Flash Cannon)
Wednesday: TM57 (Charge Beam)
Thursday: TM60 (Drain Punch)
Friday: TM42 (Facade)
Saturday: TM62 (Silver Wind)

Information from Bulbapedia.

Do you mean the prize draw, where you can get berry's, Poké balls and maybe a TM? Then yes you can, but only specific ones on each day.

Day: First prize
Sunday: TM02 (Dragon Claw)
Monday: TM65 (Shadow Claw)
Tuesday: TM91 (Flash Cannon)
Wednesday: TM57 (Charge Beam)
Thursday: TM60 (Drain Punch)
Friday: TM42 (Facade)
Saturday: TM62 (Silver Wind)

Information from Bulbapedia.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

Thank you. :)

What is a good Pokemon Black Team?

I am looking for a really good pokemon black team so can anyone give me some team ideas?

Re: What is a good Pokemon Black Team?

I am looking for a really good pokemon black team so can anyone give me some team ideas?

There are several good team combos. It also depends on what you're going to use the team for. I would suggest to have a team that have various weakness, so you don't end up with a team where all have a 2x weakness to rock, for example. Also have a spread movepool over your team so you can take out any type with a super effective move.

My question: So I'm playing SS and I found out have to catch/defeat Lugia before the elite four. I've heard that if I kill it, it will respawn after I beat the elite four, is this true?

Try this, and really, a good team is one that has many types. So I would recommend having a Fire, Water, Grass and Electric type

My question: So I'm playing SS and I found out have to catch/defeat Lugia before the elite four. I've heard that if I kill it, it will respawn after I beat the elite four, is this true?

Yup, this is indeed true.

Yup, this is indeed true.

That's just great! Thanks a lot. Btw, is it the same in Pearl? I've only played Platinum and there you have to kill/catch Giratina to complete the game, right? Is it the same in Pearl but Palkia instead? If it is, can I kill it and make it respawn later?

That's just great! Thanks a lot. Btw, is it the same in Pearl? I've only played Platinum and there you have to kill/catch Giratina to complete the game, right? Is it the same in Pearl but Palkia instead? If it is, can I kill it and make it respawn later?

Giratina will respawn in Platinum, though I think it appears in Turnback Cave in front of the Distortion World portal.
Dialga and Palkia won't respawn in Diamond or Pearl if you faint it. iirc, you could just run away from it and it would respawn later, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Giratina will respawn in Platinum, though I think it appears in Turnback Cave in front of the Distortion World portal.
Dialga and Palkia won't respawn in Diamond or Pearl if you faint it. iirc, you could just run away from it and it would respawn later, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

So I have to catch/kill/run from Palkia to complete the story/defeat the elite four?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom