• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Does anyone know whether Protect stops Final Gambit working? Or if a Ghost-type stops it working?

I want to Sketch it, but it makes the user faint, and since it's an attack you can't use Taunt to stop it working (like you would with Memento).

If Final Gambit would not hit the opponent due to missing, immunity or Protect, then Final Gambit will fail and the user will not faint.
Bulbapedia's page on it says yes.

Bulbapedia's page on it says yes.

Thanks! Now to breed my suicide mole! (Diglett with Memento + Final Gambit.) :p

Yeah I've tried it myself, your Pokemon won't off themselves if Final Gambit doesn't work.

One of the reasons I like it more than Explosion and the like.

I was just thinking about this not sure if anyone knows, If you had a shiny ditto and in a battle used transform would it become the shiny version of that pokemon?

I was just thinking about this not sure if anyone knows, If you had a shiny ditto and in a battle used transform would it become the shiny version of that pokemon?

No it wouldn't, the Pokémon you transform into isn't shiny. I'm not sure about if the wild Pokémon is shiny itself though..

I'm quite puzzled.. I got a Shiny porygonZ from the GTS and its location placeholder is ----------, I tried looking around on the internet in knowing what that means, but no result, I'd like it if someone could tell me what it means

I'm quite puzzled.. I got a Shiny porygonZ from the GTS and its location placeholder is ----------, I tried looking around on the internet in knowing what that means, but no result, I'd like it if someone could tell me what it means

It means it was hacked, I'm afraid.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

@turtlekid

1) yes you can play the game, you just can't grow berries or make a shell bell
2) that depends, go to your house, then to the clock in your room. if the clock stopped at a time between (3pm - 9pm or 3am - 9am) that means its permanently low tide at Shoal Cave, which will allow you to catch Spheal and Snorunt. If not, then you're out of luck there. The other thing you could do is restart and set the clock (to the game, not your DS) to any time between those hours.
3) depending on what you hear it can be easy, though you'd need tri-head screw (not sure of its official name) and of course the new battery. i do believe some soldering is needed (unless you care to only go the electrical tape route) Though honestly i'm not too sure :X

alright thanks for the advice, could I still transfer guys ahead to gen 4?

This May Sound Stupid, But...

Does anyone know if and how I can get a dream world Ditto?

Freezing platinum???

Lately my platinum version has frozen up on me a few times when I close the ds and slide it into my pocket and walk a few steps. Im pretty sure I've traded for one or two hacked pokemon could that cause this to happen and if so is there anything can do or should I just reset it??

Thanks in advance for any advice

Re: Freezing platinum???

Sounds more like a dirty card then anything else. Try cleaning it.

[video=youtube;gv3mDnjdQrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3mDnjdQrI[/video]

Re: This May Sound Stupid, But...

The Dream World Ditto isn't released yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Where do you obtain the items to make Rotom transform? I've tried looking it up on the Internet, but didn't find any info about it.

Where do you obtain the items to make Rotom transform? I've tried looking it up on the Internet, but didn't find any info about it.

In Pt, there was an event to get them.

In BW, they're in that Shopping Mall 9 in an unused room.

In Pt, there was an event to get them.

In BW, they're in that Shopping Mall 9 in an unused room.

They're also in a secret room at the Silph Corporation in HG/SS. Just use the broken elevator.
Or just read this bulbapedia article about Rotom's Rooms in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom