• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Aren't games region locked?

Here we go:

The Nintendo DS is region free in the sense that any console will run a Nintendo DS game purchased anywhere in the world; however, the Chinese version games can only be played on the Chinese iQue DS, whose larger firmware chip contains the required Chinese character glyph images. Although the Nintendo DS of other regions cannot play the Chinese games, the iQue DS can play games of other regions. Also, as with Game Boy games, some games that require both players to have a Nintendo DS game card for multiplayer play will not necessarily work together if the games are from different regions (e.g. a Japanese Nintendo DS game may not work with a North American Nintendo DS game, even though some titles, such as Mario Kart DS and Pokémon Diamond and Pearl versions are mutually compatible). With the addition of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, certain games can be played over the Internet with users of a different region game.
Some Wi-Fi enabled games (e.g. Mario Kart DS) allow the selection of opponents by region. The options are "Regional" ("Continent" in Europe) and "Worldwide", as well as two non-location specific settings. This allows the player to limit competitors to only those opponents based in the same geographical area. This is based on the region code of the game in use.[citation needed]
The Nintendo DSi, however, has a region lock for the DSiWare downloadable games, as well as DSi-specific cartridges. It still runs normal DS games of any region, however.

Quote from Wikipedia.

Hi guys,

Just want to check before I potentially shell out money for nothing - I want to use the Masuda method to start breeding for shinies. For that I need a foreign game cartridge, so will either buy one from France or Germany. I'm not sure exactly how it works though. My DS was bought in England and I currently play the games in English. I guess what I'm asking is, if I order, say, White from France, so the game will be played in French, will the new French version be compatible with my English DS? This is potentially a very obvious question to which I imagine I probably know the answer already (ie yes, it will be compatible), but I'd still like to check in case I waste £30. Thanks/Merci beaucoup/Vielen Dank :]

Jack

Keep in mind that right now, even DSi-enhanced games can be not region-locked. Case in point - non-Japanese versions of Black and White. The English versions are not locked, and I'm pretty sure most other European versions are not locked, either.

Also, the region locking applies only if you have a DSi, DSi XL (LL for Japanese folks), or a 3DS. And it won't apply in this case. Just don't import a Japanese copy, and you'll be able to run it.

It's possible to do the Masuda method without involving the Internet at all by trading between games of different languages, to be safe.

Thanks very much for your replies, guys. Really helpful :]

I have a brave Blastoise, and I am debating its moveset. Regardless, it has Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and either Focus Blast or Brick Break. I am debating either Earthquake or Signal Beam. Which would be a better option?

I have a brave Blastoise, and I am debating its moveset. Regardless, it has Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and either Focus Blast or Brick Break. I am debating either Earthquake or Signal Beam. Which would be a better option, Earthquake (deals with electric/poison) or Signal Beam (takes care of psychics)?
Well, Brave isn't a particularly great nature for Blastoise. However, as Brave increases attack (and there's not much difference between its Attack and Special Attack stats), I'd recommend going with Earthquake.

I have a brave Blastoise, and I am debating its moveset. Regardless, it has Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and either Focus Blast or Brick Break. I am debating either Earthquake or Signal Beam. Which would be a better option, Earthquake (deals with electric/poison) or Signal Beam (takes care of psychics)?

I'd gow with Earthquake aswell and with Brick Break instead of Focus Blast.

I'm noticing a trend and I want to know if I am right so I can stop wasting my time gathering abras from my PC before going to the entree forest. Is it just my imagination or does synchronize do nothing there?

I'm noticing a trend and I want to know if I am right so I can stop wasting my time gathering abras from my PC before going to the entree forest. Is it just my imagination or does synchronize do nothing there?

I think it doesn't work there, you'll just have to keep resetting until you get the nature you want :/

Do legendaries (except the dragon at N's castle) reset if you ko them? If they do when do they respawn? And does it work for the roaming genie and Volcarona?

Do legendaries (except the dragon at N's castle) reset if you ko them? If they do when do they respawn? And does it work for the roaming genie and Volcarona?
Victini automatically respawns if KO'd if you walk outside Liberty Garden Tower after. As for the others Im not 100% sure. Im assuming they will respawn after battling the Elite 4

what happens if you transfer a pokemon from a previous generation and it has a move that it can't learn in the newer generation?
e.g. my swampert in heartgold knows ice punch but a swampert in genV can't learn that move

what happens if you transfer a pokemon from a previous generation and it has a move that it can't learn in the newer generation?
e.g. my swampert in heartgold knows ice punch but a swampert in genV can't learn that move
It keeps the move.

List of Pokemon and their EVs?

I'm looking to EV train my Caterpie, So I need a Gen 5 list of Pokemon because I need to know what Pokemon give what EVs so I battle the right Pokemon.

Re: List of Pokemon and their EVs?

Also, if you want to know the best places to EV train in Unova for certain stats:

HP:
Liberty Garden Isle - Victini (3 points) <- it respawns if you knock it out.
Moor of Icirrus - Palpitoad and Stunfusk (2 points each)

Attack:
Route 1 - Lillipup and Patrat (1 point each)

Defence:
Relic Castle (Post E4) - Sandslash and Cofagrigus (2 points each) and Onix (1 Point) <- Only Pokémon there that doesn't raise defence is Krokorok (2 Attack)
Pinwheel Forest - Sewaddle and Venipede (1 Point Each)
Wellspring Cave - Roggenrola (1 Point)

Sp.Atk:
Celestial Tower - Litwick (1 Point)

Sp.Def:
Route 4/17/18 - Frillish (1 Point)

Speed:
Route 1/3/6 - Basculin (2 Points)

And next time, could you please use the http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/simple-questions-simple-answers-v-4-gen-iv-v-109744/ thread? Thanks.

Is it possible to get reshiram in White without trading?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom