• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

It says that it's "ready to hatch."

......0_0 I think I should release it.

EDIT: Damnit, you can't release eggs.
Wait, I haven't saved ever since I got the egg, have I? Not on my accord. Or does it save after every trade?

It seems like a perfectly normal egg in all way except name.

Last edited:

It says that it's "ready to hatch."

......0_0 I think I should release it.

EDIT: Damnit, you can't release eggs.
Wait, I haven't saved ever since I got the egg, have I? Not on my accord. Or does it save after every trade?

It seems like a perfectly normal egg in all way except name.

a quick google search of Ei brought me a post on /vp/ saying that a bad egg could be named Ei, though take that with an ocean of salt :X
hatch/save at your own risk i gather, unless someone else knows better.

OK then, I'm-a have to get rid of it somehow. Question is, HOW?!

trade it back to the original owner? or get someone with an AR to delete it.

Last edited:

Ok, it won't be accurate, so if you're planning for certain HPtype and can't get the HP Guide, it won't help there. But if you want to know if it's reasonably got good or bad stats this will help. It will tell you if your special attacker's IVs are low or high.

I'd not only take the Median in consideration but also the range too.

The More info you can add the better chance of working out the IVs.

So if someone were to ask me the IVs of a pokemon and I used that one, what would I tell them?

"Ei" is German for "Egg". It's fine.

And here I was getting all worked up for nothing. Yet again...
Anyways, thanks for the heads-up! I'll keep that in mind next time I go egg-trading.

So if someone were to ask me the IVs of a pokemon and I used that one, what would I tell them?

You would tell them you couldn't calculate the exact IVs, but the possible range is x to y.

You would tell them you couldn't calculate the exact IVs, but the possible range is x to y.
Then my last question is how people get the exact IVs of pokemon. Sometimes I'll see people give a IV spread, like 23/24/13/24/29/31. I wonder how they pinpoint it so exact.

EDIT: And another question, I'm breeding some pokemon, and I think something is wrong with the natures. Here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature, it says Adamant raises attack and lowers Sp. Attack. But in my game, it has it listed as the opposite. Is it a glitch affecting all games or just mine?

Last edited:

Then my last question is how people get the exact IVs of pokemon. Sometimes I'll see people give a IV spread, like 23/24/13/24/29/31. I wonder how they pinpoint it so exact.
When a Pokémon is level 100 you can get the exact IV range. With level 50, it's usually 50-50, but actually EV training it can help round it down to a more exact number.

Also, if they RNG, they can manipulate the exact IV.

If the IV calculator you're using supports multiple "stat snapshots" (statshots?) as input, use a Rare Candy on the Pokémon several times, record its stats at each level, and enter them all in for a more accurate result. If the calculator can only take one set of stats at a time (or if you're lazy), use autoleveling to temporarily get the Pokémon to level 100, look at its new stats, and just use those.

As always, you can also use an AR or some other bit of technology to check the IVs directly instead.

EDIT: And another question, I'm breeding some pokemon, and I think something is wrong with the natures. Here Nature - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia, it says Adamant raises attack and lowers Sp. Attack. But in my game, it has it listed as the opposite. Is it a glitch affecting all games or just mine?

You're probably just mixing the colors up. The stat in red is increased, while the one in blue is decreased.

I've been doing the musical solely for the sake of the trainer card star. I thought I had everything as I haven't gotten any new props in five to ten performances, despite having won most of them. I know I have the props handed out by special people (the Santa stuff from the guy in Opelucid City, the electric guitar from the musician, everything the owner gives you under different conditions). In fact, I know exactly what I'm missing.

mallet
windup key
googly specs
black tie
gentleman's hat
pocket watch
pennant
professor hat
thick book
bouquet
fake bone
round mushroom

Is this just bad luck? Are props harder to get as you get more of them? Is there some special condition I am missing?

Hello again. I recently bought the French version of pokémon white - just as much for the language as for the trade benefits. But I'm confused. I traded some pokémon over from my French version onto my English Black version - and there doesn't appear to be any sign at all that the Pokémon in question are from the White version - Dewott has his French name, Mateloutre, but that's it. Have I overlooked a button somewhere to view the Pokédex entries in French? A little symbol somewhere to show he's foreign? This is mainly for trading purposes - I'm worried that if I attempt to breed for shinies, I won't be able to use the Masuda method because my English Black version doesn't recognise that I've traded some Pokémon over from a French cartridge?

Thanks for your help on this,
Jack

Hello again. I recently bought the French version of pokémon white - just as much for the language as for the trade benefits. But I'm confused. I traded some pokémon over from my French version onto my English Black version - and there doesn't appear to be any sign at all that the Pokémon in question are from the White version - Dewott has his French name, Mateloutre, but that's it. Have I overlooked a button somewhere to view the Pokédex entries in French? A little symbol somewhere to show he's foreign? This is mainly for trading purposes - I'm worried that if I attempt to breed for shinies, I won't be able to use the Masuda method because my English Black version doesn't recognise that I've traded some Pokémon over from a French cartridge?

Thanks for your help on this,
Jack
Unfortunately there's not much way to tell, and since the Pokémon you chose are Unova ones, even less. Gen I-IV Pokémon you can access multilingual Pokédex entries by tapping a button underneath their picture in the Pokédex, but because the BW entries hadn't been translated into all the languages on release, they're only available in the game's home language. With Japanese and Korean you can also tell via the different character sets in the OT name, but French doesn't have such a difference afaik.
As such about the only way to confirm your Dewott's region would be to trade it to someone who can view it on a PC and read the language byte, as far as I know. It should be possible to make a Gameshark code to show it somehow, but I don't know if there is one made. Though don't worry about the game not recognising it, as long as it was obtained in a French version, even if it evolves from Mateloutre to Samurott, it'll be marked French in its data.

Unfortunately there's not much way to tell, and since the Pokémon you chose are Unova ones, even less. Gen I-IV Pokémon you can access multilingual Pokédex entries by tapping a button underneath their picture in the Pokédex, but because the BW entries hadn't been translated into all the languages on release, they're only available in the game's home language. With Japanese and Korean you can also tell via the different character sets in the OT name, but French doesn't have such a difference afaik.
As such about the only way to confirm your Dewott's region would be to trade it to someone who can view it on a PC and read the language byte, as far as I know. It should be possible to make a Gameshark code to show it somehow, but I don't know if there is one made. Though don't worry about the game not recognising it, as long as it was obtained in a French version, even if it evolves from Mateloutre to Samurott, it'll be marked French in its data.

So, just to spell it out for me completely, as long as it's marked as French in its data (and I'm pretty sure it will be as it's from a French language cartridge), I'll be able to use it for breeding for shinies?

Thanks! Jack

So, just to spell it out for me completely, as long as it's marked as French in its data (and I'm pretty sure it will be as it's from a French language cartridge), I'll be able to use it for breeding for shinies?

Thanks! Jack

Yes, you'll be able to use it.

I'm having a problem out of my Wi-Fi. I can't seem to battle/trade with anyone in the United States, but I can with anyone who is from a different country. I've temporarily disabled my firewalls, I've tried leaving then entering again, but nothing works.. When it says the other player wants to join me (for a battle), it pretty much freezes. Then, it says " person has failed to respond" even though they have.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Is Double Kick a good move to breed onto a Blitzle/Zebstrika?

Is Double Kick a good move to breed onto a Blitzle/Zebstrika?

IMO, yes. I have it and it comes in handy a lot. It's not super powerful, but useful in a lot of situations.

I also have a question:
I have looked around getting different information from everyone, so I would like to see if anyone here can tell me:
Is it possible to get a reckless hitmonlee with double edge legally?
(tyrogue->XD Tutor->Transfer to gen IV->(Clone if need be?)Evolve and hope?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom