• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

[EQUOTE=Damarziman;3452256]IMO, yes. I have it and it comes in handy a lot. It's not super powerful, but useful in a lot of situations.

I also have a question:
I have looked around getting different information from everyone, so I would like to see if anyone here can tell me:
Is it possible to get a reckless hitmonlee with double edge legally?
(tyrogue->XD Tutor->Transfer to gen IV->(Clone if need be?)Evolve and hope?[/QUOTE]

If you can transfer said Tyrogue to a Generation III handheld, I don't see why this can't work.

If Reckless is a Dream World ability, then you're out of luck.

-----

Two questions:

If Generation V Pickup "swipes", say Morimoto's Petaya berries, do I get to keep the item after battle?

I plan to replace Liepard with Bisharp. Should I teach it Aerial Ace by TM or transfer over a Kadabra and breed Psycho Cut onto it?

Last edited:

I heard some talk about Elesa's speech being changed a lot between the japanese and american version.

What does the japanese one say? (No idea which of those few times you meet her it is referring to. :/)

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

no, but moves such as fly and surf I have no problem teaching because they are useful

no, but moves such as fly and surf I have no problem teaching because they are useful
You'll find that the use of some TMs (Flash, Rock Smash, Strength) is mostly limited to areas like caves, so you can have on HM slave that you only use for those areas.

It's also worth mentioning Wailord, which can learn five HMs and is necessary for a sidequest later in the game. Always a useful Pokémon to have.

Is it possible to get a reckless hitmonlee with double edge legally?
(tyrogue->XD Tutor->Transfer to gen IV->(Clone if need be?)Evolve and hope?

Yes, that should work; however, cloning won't make a difference. Whether the Hitmonlee will have Reckless upon evolving depends on its personality value, which doesn't change, so if your Tyrogue ends up with Limber, you'll need to start over with another one.

If Generation V Pickup "swipes", say Morimoto's Petaya berries, do I get to keep the item after battle?

No.

Fly, Surf, Dive, and Waterfall are all decent in-game as battle moves.

In reality, Chikorita is the hardest one to use, given that Falkner and Bugsy have Pokemon with moves that are Super-Effective against the poor guy. Totodile has an OK movepool and will come in handy against Lance's Dragonite (with Ice Punch), but you'll need an HM slave, because the thing can't learn Waterfall, and you'll need that later on. Cyndaquil is also OK, but after Flame Wheel, it doesn't really learn anything good until at least Lv. 46 (assuming you keep it a Cyndaquil at that level.)

Either way, it's simply a matter of opinion.

I'm having a problem out of my Wi-Fi. I can't seem to battle/trade with anyone in the United States, but I can with anyone who is from a different country. I've temporarily disabled my firewalls, I've tried leaving then entering again, but nothing works.. When it says the other player wants to join me (for a battle), it pretty much freezes. Then, it says " person has failed to respond" even though they have.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I've seen this problem before, I have no idea what it is, I think it is something to do with your router.

So I have a couple questions today. Alright so I never understood this maybe someone can help me. Currently if you check on bulbapedia you have pages for kledo, genesect, and melotta (sorry if spellings are wrong just doing it off the top of my head.) But these 3 pokemon have not been revealed by nintendo. How do people know about these pokemon then and have pictures for them? Second I was looking at level ups and moves and such and one move( I can't remember which one but that isn't really the main point) Was said to be learned by rhyperior at level 9. Considering Rhyhorn doesn't evolve till level 42 how is this possible? Is it if you hacked it so you had a level one rhyperior when it got to that level? Lastly unless I read this wrong I'm pretty sure the azure flute was never released unless I am wrong. Which as you know would have gained access to Arceus. (another spelling off the top of my head) were there other events to obtain one? or are the only ones that people have hacked?

I believe all that info can just directly be ripped off of the game.

As for Arceus: Azure Flute was never released (Thus all Hall of Origin Arceus's have at least the Azure Flute hacked to reach it), but Arceus has been released in some events.

Can someone explain to me how to get to Lugia in SS. I'm at the Whirl Islands, just beat the Kimonos Girls and seems to be going around in circles in these caves. I'm probably just missing the right exit to get to the chamber but I havent even seen the waterfall yet.

Can someone explain to me how to get to Lugia in SS. I'm at the Whirl Islands, just beat the Kimonos Girls and seems to be going around in circles in these caves. I'm probably just missing the right exit to get to the chamber but I havent even seen the waterfall yet.

Just make sure you have lots of repels, a Pokémon that knows Flash, and keep wandering around.

So I have a couple questions today. Alright so I never understood this maybe someone can help me. Currently if you check on bulbapedia you have pages for kledo, genesect, and melotta (sorry if spellings are wrong just doing it off the top of my head.) But these 3 pokemon have not been revealed by nintendo. How do people know about these pokemon then and have pictures for them?

Hacking.

Second I was looking at level ups and moves and such and one move( I can't remember which one but that isn't really the main point) Was said to be learned by rhyperior at level 9. Considering Rhyhorn doesn't evolve till level 42 how is this possible? Is it if you hacked it so you had a level one rhyperior when it got to that level?

A level 1 Rhyperior is hacked. You can get that move by means of the move relearner and a heart scale.

Lastly unless I read this wrong I'm pretty sure the azure flute was never released unless I am wrong. Which as you know would have gained access to Arceus. (another spelling off the top of my head) were there other events to obtain one? or are the only ones that people have hacked?

There was a legitimate event to get Arceus.

Point your fingers and laugh at the N00b, but I need a bit of help here.

I've just picked up HeartGold again, and I'm stuck, stucky, stuckity stuck. I know I've beaten the final four and the champ, hall of famed it, and everything. What I don't know is what I'm supposed to be doing now!

My team is from level 42 to 48, so I obviously need to level them, but I have no idea where to go... I supposed I can tromp up and down victory road, but that's some serious slow going at this point.

I think I've beaten a gym or two after, but it's literally been more than year since I played last, so I don't remember! Could someone tell me what I need to be doing, or to a walkthrough for this part of the game? I'm also back to exercising, so I started up the pokewalker (confiscated my husband's after I accidentally washed mine in the laundry) I have 10 badges, and was in the Saffron city gym at the leader when I opened the game again. She kicked my behind, apparently. LOL.

So what now?

Point your fingers and laugh at the N00b, but I need a bit of help here.

I've just picked up HeartGold again, and I'm stuck, stucky, stuckity stuck. I know I've beaten the final four and the champ, hall of famed it, and everything. What I don't know is what I'm supposed to be doing now!

My team is from level 42 to 48, so I obviously need to level them, but I have no idea where to go... I supposed I can tromp up and down victory road, but that's some serious slow going at this point.

I think I've beaten a gym or two after, but it's literally been more than year since I played last, so I don't remember! Could someone tell me what I need to be doing, or to a walkthrough for this part of the game? I'm also back to exercising, so I started up the pokewalker (confiscated my husband's after I accidentally washed mine in the laundry) I have 10 badges, and was in the Saffron city gym at the leader when I opened the game again. She kicked my behind, apparently. LOL.

So what now?

Well if you're in Kanto, then you probably ought to try battling the saffron city leader again.

Well if you're in Kanto, then you probably ought to try battling the saffron city leader again.

The problem is, I can't! she kicked my butt, so I need to level some, but don't know where to do that!

Okay so, simple question. Assuming that both Pokemon have identical Natures, IVs and EVs, would a Scyther holding eviolite have a higher in-battle Defense and Sp. Defense than Scizor holding nothing?

Okay so, simple question. Assuming that both Pokemon have identical Natures, IVs and EVs, would a Scyther holding eviolite have a higher in-battle Defense and Sp. Defense than Scizor holding nothing?

A scyther will have much higher defenses.(albeit at the cost of a poor defensive typing)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom