• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

No, haven't done that yet. xP

Once the Orbs have been stolen from the top of Mt. Pyre, go to Slateport City and see Team Aqua steal the submarine; after that, you can enter the hideout next to Lilycove. You may or may not also have to clear out the Magma Hideout in Mt. Chimney at some point around here.

Ah, I see. Thanks. :]

Um, excuse the double post, but I went to Slateport City and I don't see Team Aqua anywhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Are you sure you've been right to the top of Mt. Pyre and gotten the Orb?

EDIT: This Walkthrough I have here says that you need to go to Mt. Chimney after you get through Mt. Pyre, and jump down the Jagged Pass, opening the Magma Hideout, which you then go through, battling people, doing a Strength puzzle, etc, before battling Maxie. After that, you go to the two guys blocking the cave, and, apparently, they give away Archie's location (Slateport City), where he is stealing the Submarine Explorer 1. After that, you go back to the Lilycove City cave and it should be open.

Last edited:

I went to the top of Mt. Pyre, but I didn't get any orb. I just found the Team Aqua leader and he left. He said that he got one orb while Team Magma got the other orb, I believe.

But I'll go to Mt. Chimney next then. xP

Yeah, I just remembered that that happens in R/S, not Emerald. ^^;

My friend has a mystery gift for the Victini, and the event is over now so I can't get it. Is there any way to send the pass from DS to DS?

------------

The female Vaporeon has the Dream World ability so she can pass it down.
The male has Wish so he can pass it down.

The offspring has Hydration and Wish.

Why does Smogon insist that it can't?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

My friend has a mystery gift for the Victini, and the event is over now so I can't get it. Is there any way to send the pass from DS to DS?

I'm pretty sure the Wonder Card for the Liberty Ticket can be transferred from one system to another.

The female Vaporeon has the Dream World ability so she can pass it down.
The male has Wish so he can pass it down.

The offspring has Hydration and Wish.

Why does Smogon insist that it can't?

They don't. They've made and approved sets for Vaporeon that have both Wish and Hydration on them - they don't say it's illegal.

Unfortunately, no. The Victini can be traded, or the pass can be hacked to be obtained though.

When a Pokemon is lv100 and it faced a defeated opponent does it being in the battle still lower the amount of experience your others pokes get from that opponent.

When a Pokemon is lv100 and it faced a defeated opponent does it being in the battle still lower the amount of experience your others pokes get from that opponent.

Depends on the game. In every game before HGSS, the Lv. 100 being in the battle would not affect the amount of experience the others gained. However, in HGSS and Gen. V, the game treats them like they're getting a share of the experience, cutting the amount received by other Pokémon.

Now a question of my own: Does the 3DS Transfer Tool make it so that the 3DS and game card act like the same set as the DSi and game card, or will all my Wi-Fi stuff reset? I ask because I want to transfer it over, but I don't want to screw up my Dream World account and that kind of thing.

Now a question of my own: Does the 3DS Transfer Tool make it so that the 3DS and game card act like the same set as the DSi and game card, or will all my Wi-Fi stuff reset? I ask because I want to transfer it over, but I don't want to screw up my Dream World account and that kind of thing.
You don't use the System Transfer tool. Go into Connection Settings, Nintendo DS Connections, and select Transfer Configuration. Follow the same steps on the DSi to transfer all your Wi-Fi information over to the 3DS, including Friend Codes and PGL account link. Your DSi will return to a blank slate, however.

You don't use the System Transfer tool. Go into Connection Settings, Nintendo DS Connections, and select Transfer Configuration. Follow the same steps on the DSi to transfer all your Wi-Fi information over to the 3DS, including Friend Codes and PGL account link. Your DSi will return to a blank slate, however.

Thanks!

EDIT: The "Transfer Configuration" button on the 3DS is grayed out, and I can't select it even when my DSi is trying to transfer data. Is there something else I need to do first?

Last edited:

Hi all!

Im ev training a level 1 Eevee holding a Power Weight. Im switching to Ho-Oh to finish higher pokemon. Does Eevee still gain the extra +4 hp ev if you finish it off with Ho-Oh?
Does this method work? Because the Exp. Share method seems slower.

Thnx for a reply!

Yes, your Eevee should gain all 4 EVs from the power weight, as well as the full amount of the EVs from the Pokémon your Ho-Oh defeated. As well, your Ho-Oh should receive the full amount of EVs from the Pokémon.

Thanks!

EDIT: The "Transfer Configuration" button on the 3DS is grayed out, and I can't select it even when my DSi is trying to transfer data. Is there something else I need to do first?
Maybe I'm misremembering, and you need to use Download Play on the 3DS or something. You should be able to follow the on-screen instructions on the DSi, no?

EDIT: Yes, use Transfer Nintendo WFC Configuration on the DSi, then open Download Play on the 3DS, pick Nintendo DS, then download the Transfer Utility.

Last edited:

Just found out through Bulbapedia's List of in-game trades, about a special version of Pokemon Blue, which was only released in Japan to subscribers of CoroCoro magazine.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Blue_Version_(Japanese)

According to the page, pokemon normally only available through in-game trades can be found in the wild in this game version. However, I can't find a list of where those Pokemon would appear in that game (not that it should be any surprise, given how obscure it is.

Would anyone here happen to know where I can look up the locations of Mr. Mime, Jynx, Lickitung, and Farfetch'd in that particular game? I can't seem to find information about it on Bulbapedia or Serebii.net.

Okay, I'm stuck in Pokemon Emerald. Currently, I'm in Lilycove City with a lv. 36-37 team. I've already been through Mt. Pyre and I also explored the route south of it. I went to that cave near Lilycove, but Team Aqua grunts are still blocking it.

Another grunt and some Wailmer are also blocking the route next to the cave, so I can't go there either.

I wandered around for a bit, but I still can't figure out what to do here. ._.

Try going to the Slateport Docks, Team Aqua steals something from there before you can get into their base. Also, have you been in the Magma base yet? If not, its located on Mt. Chimney, as you make your way to Lavaridge town.

Is there any way to get a Salac berry in gen V?

hi, I'm playing the US version of white but for some reason the audino, croagunk, and zoroark cgear skins aren't appearing in the promotions page in my global link. Does anyone know why or how I can get the cgear skins?

hi, I'm playing the US version of white but for some reason the audino, croagunk, and zoroark cgear skins aren't appearing in the promotions page in my global link. Does anyone know why or how I can get the cgear skins?
It depends on what region your account is set to, if your account is not set to US or Canada, you can't get them. Click Profile on the PGL main page and you'll see your region on the left hand side.

It depends on what region your account is set to, if your account is not set to US or Canada, you can't get them. Click Profile on the PGL main page and you'll see your region on the left hand side.

aww why did they do that?? D:
is there any way I can change my region or get the cgear skins some other way?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom