• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

As far as I know "soft reseting" means turning your ds off, then turn back it on so you go back to your last save location

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Also you have to go to the team rocket hideout which is underwater (use dive) go through that first before rayquaza needs to be awaken and defeat all the grunts and stuff

To be more precise Soft reseting is restarting your game without turning off DS. It is done by pressing A,B,X,Y,L and R buttons at the same time. By doing so the game will shut down and you'll be returned to the options/play game screen which is faster than actual powering down and turning back on your DS.

As far as I know "soft reseting" means turning your ds off, then turn back it on so you go back to your last save location

That's hard resetting. Soft reset doesn't involve turning your DS off.

So what's soft reseting

To be more precise Soft reseting is restarting your game without turning off DS. It is done by pressing A,B,X,Y,L and R buttons at the same time. By doing so the game will shut down and you'll be returned to the options/play game screen which is faster than actual powering down and turning back on your DS.

Can something just confirm for me that Emerald doesn't have the phsyical/special split?

Can something just confirm for me that Emerald doesn't have the phsyical/special split?
I can confirm that Emerald doesn't have the physical/special split, moves are physical/special by their type only.

Also you have to go to the team rocket hideout which is underwater (use dive) go through that first before rayquaza needs to be awaken and defeat all the grunts and stuff

Team Aqua; Team Rocket isn't in RSE. Also, it's not a hideout, it's a cavern containing Kyogre that they broke into.

I'm having trouble with the Pokédex 3D. I downloaded it a few days ago, but I haven't received any new Pokémon yet. It's always in sleep mode, connected to a fast internet source, SpotPass on, SpotPass on within the Pokédex and agreed to the internet/SpotPass terms. What am I missing?

I'm having trouble with the Pokédex 3D. I downloaded it a few days ago, but I haven't received any new Pokémon yet. It's always in sleep mode, connected to a fast internet source, SpotPass on, SpotPass on within the Pokédex and agreed to the internet/SpotPass terms. What am I missing?
Is your 3DS calender on a date that it has already been on (e.g. by changing the date)?

No, I have never altered the date. I set it the day I bought the 3DS (same day I downloaded Pokédex). I checked again this morning, but still nothing. I did receive a SpotPass notification from Nintendo Video, so I guess that's not the problem.

Maybe you've already collected all the Pokémon you can collect via SpotPass.

Last edited:

I only have the pre-loaded Pokémon. I haven't received a single one since I downloaded the Pokédex.

Am I imagining things or did this actually happen?

I seem to remember around the time the Dream World first opened someone found a silhouette of a Pokemon in the code of the site and no one could figure out what it belonged to. If I'm not just making stuff up, was it ever found out what it went to?

Re: Am I imagining things or did this actually happen?

I seem to remember around the time the Dream World first opened someone found a silhouette of a Pokemon in the code of the site and no one could figure out what it belonged to. If I'm not just making stuff up, was it ever found out what it went to?

This was found to be nothing.

My question: Where can I find a Hondew Berry? I looked on the net and it says that the EV berries are unavailable, but that can't be true as I have 7 Pomeg Berries.

Re: Am I imagining things or did this actually happen?

My question: Where can I find a Hondew Berry? I looked on the net and it says that the EV berries are unavailable, but that can't be true as I have 7 Pomeg Berries.

All of the EV berries can be found in the Windswept Sky area of the Dream World. Outside of the Dream World, if I remember correctly, the only way to get EV berries in BW is by doing an egg spin with four other players (at the same time).

I only have the pre-loaded Pokémon. I haven't received a single one since I downloaded the Pokédex.
Hmmm...is the wireless switch on? Otherwise, I'd try contacting The Pokémon Company International via their website for support.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom